AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Psychobabble said:
lacktheknack said:
Psychobabble said:
lacktheknack said:
Ldude893 said:
FOX News posted an online poll in conjunction with this; asking people whether they believe that video games cause people into committing violent crimes.

The results...wow. [http://nation.foxnews.com/poll/2013/09/12/do-believe-violent-video-games-are-to-blame-for-inciting-mass-murderers-as-some/?intcmp=trending]
Each state: 3-15 votes

Texas: >400,000 votes

It's a garbage poll. We have to throw it out.
Oh sure. You're all ready to jump at the chance to get this poll thrown out for such a minor discrepancy in voting numbers.
not sure if sardonic
Oh come on. Such a minor disparity in voting numbers only shows how passionate the citizens of Texas are about this issue.

... Or about how much the rest of the nation enjoys the idea of innocent people being murdered. I'm not quite sure. Well maybe with the exception of Florida.
I'm going with the latter. The rest of the country saw the light with Florida. After all, if someone offered you a house in Oklahoma or a house in Florida, which would you pick?

Florida, obviously.

And it's clearly because of the random acts of excessive violence there! :D
Florida or Oklahoma? Now that's a Sophie's Choice I'm glad I don't have to make.

Fox News:

We distort. You comply.

Jul 10, 2013
dunam said:
TheScottishMexican42 said:

I hope ya'll know the metaphor.
On a slightly related note, I actually wrote an essay on why violent video games are not harmful for children for school. Got an A for it. I think I still have it saved as well.
Spanking a drunk horse? What's the metaphore here?
I found your first joke funnier :p

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
Dr.Awkward said:
You know what? The only way we're going to get Fox News to shut up is if we get together, buy them out, and shut them down permanently. If we can do that, it would show just how tired we are of the sensationalist shit we have to deal with every day that comes from them and other news outlets.
Hmmm.....I wonder if a kickstarter would work.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Creator002 said:
Good thing I play Microsoft Flight Sim all the time. I think I'm ready to be a pilot.
Well, by the same token, I play Kerbal Space Program. That qualifies me to be a rocket scientist, right?

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Fox News suplants reality and evidence for their own made up bullshit?!
<<<SHOCKED!

LAGG

Jun 23, 2011
Really what to say? It's Fox News, they're illusionists, that's what they do, distract people from important matter with made up bullshit.

In other news:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-planning-3-years-worth-of-dlc-for-mega-man-2/

thedragon232

Jun 7, 2010
The article seems more of there are people whom went on murdering spree who happen to play violent video games but there is no proof that there is a correlation between the two. Also the quotes given from the murderers showed that there were mental problems such as how Evan Ramsey didn't understand that people would die if you shoot them and he was in high school at the time. Plus why was he even able to gain access to a firearm?

Dollabillyall

Jul 18, 2012
They are making a false causal link in the following way:
Serial killers usually start out by mutilating pets, therefore getting your kid a puppy to play with is inevitably setting the child up for becoming a serial killer.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
If video games can make people killers, why aren't I a child-rapist after all the anime and manga I've watched/read, especially after Kodomo no Jikan, Sky Girls, and Pantsu--er Strike Witches?

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Guys, Everyone calm down!
It's just like the Megalodon "documentary" Discovery played last Shark Week. They play it off like they're super serious then at the end of the credits, they flash a screen saying that none of it was true.

acolyte

Nov 20, 2010
"Three more recent killers... all were active video game players."

Something else that those killers had in common was the need to breath oxygen...oh god...it all makes sense now. BAN OXYGEN!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I'm gonna actually address one point here.

Of course mass murderers are obsessed with violent videogames. They're often obsessed with violence. Violent videogames, violent paintings, violent books, anything violent they can get they're hands on, and no, it is not "feeding" their obsession, the obsession is already bloody there.

But y'know what, go ahead fox. Make the world laugh at you more. Have your little pocket of fucking morons who take you seriously believing you. By this point, most of the non braindead world has had it with you, and knows that trying to make you act rationally is a fool's game.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
What? Fox News isn't in favor of violent games? I never would have guessed!

When asked if I'm a viewer of Fox News, I tend to respond that I'm instead in favor of their vehement abrogation.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
I, for one, think it is hilarious that there is a Google Ad for Assassins Creed 4 on top of the page of the article. On my load anyway - I wonder if that's just me.

It's Fox guys. FOX. What do we expect? Wanna write angry letters they could turn into some twisted story about how we're all brainwashed? /sigh

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
acolyte said:
"Three more recent killers... all were active video game players."

Something else that those killers had in common was the need to breath oxygen...oh god...it all makes sense now. BAN OXYGEN!
You might be on to something! Those killers all drank water too, right? Well then we need to ban water! And they wore clothing, right? Then we need to ban clothes!

And they all lived on Earth...which means...WE NEED TO BAN THE PLANET!!