Fox News Blogger Continues Bulletstorm Attack

Captain Booyah

Apr 19, 2010
carnege4 said:
Meh.

I see books out there much worse.
I read the Ken Follet saga books about the medieval age when i was 13.
My brother have 11 and is reading them.
Never tough about raping some1

Wheres your god now psychologists?
Exactly. I was stumbling across seemingly innocent stuff in books (that turned out to be not-so-innocent) when I was a kid too, but unlike games, books aren't an easy target, not by a longshot. That's why there's a generation of girls walking around thinking that if your boyfriend breaks into your bedroom at night, that's all right, because Edward Cullen does it.

Seriously, I don't see anyone complaining about The Catcher in the Rye for the amount of murderers its inspired -- hell, the guy who shot John Lennon pulled out a copy instantly after killing him. Nobody's calling for a ban on Lord of the Rings, for providing groups of Neo-Nazis a basis for their beliefs.

Those are just two examples, and at least they have direct links to one another, unlike bullshit Fox articles that don't even use sources. Fuck, even Wikipedia insists on citations. Who are these 'experts'? What are their qualifications? They could be random passers-by pulled off the street that consider themselves 'vaguely knowledgeable' on the subject, for all we know.

Lt. Dragunov

Sep 25, 2008
OK soooo they bash games like Bulletstorm, but when movies like the Saw movies come out no one says a damn word about that.
"Well if you go to the theaters and your under age they won't let you in."
- Same with game retailers, if your under age they WILL NOT sell you the game.

Buuuuuuut say your under age at the theaters but you have a parent with you then you can go in and have your mind tourmented by the gore, same with game retailers again, if you have a parent and they buy it for you then the retailers by law HAVE to sell it to you. Come on people are you really that lazy and stupid....

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Aren't rates or mature games being sold to minors lower than rates of mature films being sold to minors? I remember there being as statistic being posted during the Calfornia trial.

It really is a good thing no one listens to this guy.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I'm done trying to be reasonable with these cunts!

Anon! We got a new target for ya!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I bet the the next day the president of fox apears on the screen with a troll face and asks:"Problem?" maybe they,ll stop trolling if we ignore them, we can HARDLEY call this news, news tells the truth this is trolling, making people mad by spreading lies and being ignorant

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
Aren't rates or mature games being sold to minors lower than rates of mature films being sold to minors? I remember there being as statistic being posted during the Calfornia trial.
Games are a relative young medium films are around 100 yo and thus accepted in the society, games (as we know them in now) are around 20 yo and used as a scapegoat

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
He also pointed out that there were fewer safeguards when buying online
I can think of one safeguard for buying online.

How the hell can you place an order for anything online without a credit card, debit card, or bank account AND without being 18 years old?

I didn't get any one of those things until I was 16 years old, and I had a (probably mistaken) impression that you had to be 18 years old to buy ANYTHING online because you're entering a legally binding contract or something.

Maybe parents are setting those things up for their kids earlier nowadays, but even then couldn't retailers restrict access to mature content fairly easily if they get your credit card info? Don't they get your DOB with that stuff?

It sounds to me like he's grabbing at straws here, although I could be wrong.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Well I understand the reasons and I agree that game age limits should be supervised more than nowadays, but still, the parents should know what their kids are playing.

Manu people of above compare the video games to books and movies. I think that video games should be more strictly controlled (not for tiny kids if not so ment) because of the differences. A book can be graphical and movies are based on graphics, but in video games you can actually do and invent the bad things yourself. I just finished playing Just Cause 2 and I do like the freedom in these kind of games, but the age limits are there for a reason.

Feb 13, 2008
greenflash said:
God Some people must really hate video games.
Probably not. They just know a good scapegoat when they see one. I've every certainty that John Brandon plays games at home.

(Take a quick think: He's gonna need a computer to compile his reports, almost certainly is Linkedin, and Bookfaces; and he's never touched Solitaire? C'mon...)

But Gamers rage so much when they're poked, that they self-fulfill the dangerous sign put upon them. Unlike Fox News.

TheMadJack

Apr 6, 2010
That Fox News blogger is just an idiot riding the wave created with Lieberman's inanities. He doesn't care about facts, truth or anything. All he wants is visits to his rantings. Please don't give in. Let his opinion wither and die.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
They do realize that by making these articles they're just advertising the game right? They realize that all the gamers look at the images presented (probably) think "I'm getting that!" right?

Frank_Sinatra_ said:
carnege4 said:
Meh.

I see books out there much worse.
I read the Ken Follet saga books about the medieval age when i was 13.
My brother have 11 and is reading them.
Never tough about raping some1

Wheres your god now psychologists?
Have him read American Psycho.
In that book there are extremely graphic descriptions of sex, rape, murder and the lot. The book is miles more graphic than A Clockwork Orange.
Yet humanity lets books like these stay why? Because they represent significant value to the human race. Can this not be said tenfold about video games?
Naked Lunch is even better! (Or "worse" depending on who you are).

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
The last time I dragged my mom with me to get a game (DA:O) they asked her for ID and she said "Really?!" and asked me later if she actually looked any younger than 40.

I know from personal experience that the ESRB ratings are strictly enforced everywhere, at least in New England.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I got ID'd for a 16 today. That should answer this rather soundly.

People with good memory might notice I was laughing at another guy when the same happened to him. I just shaved and cut my hair for the first time in years. It might be why :p

But still, you get ID'd, its proven to work, fuck faux news. The least they could do it back up their facts.

Kegsen

Feb 20, 2011
So, games are bad...but THIS is apparently safe politics?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/02/21/1553284/texas-poised-to-arm-students-on.html