Fox news goes at it with Duke Nukem Forever's "Capture the Babe" mode

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:
Wait, I got the perfect thing for this!

I've been waiting for the right chance to use that, and here it is.

But sreiosuly, we all knew this was coming.

"Is this it, is this all you can conjure Fox news?"

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
The quote from the Ferris guy probably came just after the bit where he mentioned the game is an intentional parody of sexism and unnecessary machismo. Fox News, twisting your words since time immemorial.

May 5, 2010
Father Time said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Wow, Duke Nukem sounds like it will filled with retarded, South Park-style attempts at humor.
You can't honestly not find anything in South Park funny

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e11-whale-whores
Alright, yeah, I should probably qualify that.

It looks as unfunny as the worst, most mindlessly crude, "Hey-look-at-us,-we're-so-damn-edgy!" style crap of South Park.

But yeah, not all of it. Hell, not even most of it. Just...some of it.

See also: "The Aristocrats". Look it up. Be ready.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Saucycardog said:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/25/duke-nukem-dustup-games-capture-babe-mode-players-slapping-women/

Looks like Fox news is at it again.
Kind of odd that they say that "THIS" hurts women
instead of oh say, Twilight, which is a far bigger problem, and teaches them to be submissive and into traditional marriage

oh wait these are republicans, women being abused is okay as long as the person doing the abusing is her husband, but the second a fictional character comes into play a jokes about it OH GOD IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

on an off note: what kind of captcha is "your stress"?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I swear to god, when I rule the world, I am going to destroy Fox News and everyone who positively associates with it. That should knock my blood pressure back down.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
It looks like they did a damn good job at writing an article showing that womens rights groups dont like the game and they actually showed the ESRB in a good light.

Its about as good as any report done on a videogame in awhile.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
"Following the what-were-they-thinking response shared across the gaming community..."

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH!

But seriously, this was inevitable. With DNF being such an unashamedly crude game, it just can't avoid a controversy or two in this day and age.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
VIDEO GAMES ARE THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL

HUMANITY CANNOT POSSIBLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT'S OWN ACTIONS

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
"The game will be available in stores and online, where customers must click a button stating they are 17 years of age or older -- the only barrier to children buying such a game."

Except for the fact that a 17 year old or younger doesn't have a credit card of their own and have to rely on mom and dad.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
OhJohnNo" post="9.273200.10549427 said:
QUICK QUICK SOMEONE GIVE A SHIT

Ahem, sorry.

Anyway, this was inevitable. Fox News were always going to latch onto this. Myself, I just see it as a big parody of chauvanism.

EDIT: They seriously censored a stripper's bum? How prudish are they?[/quote

I don't get it either. What the hell is everyone so uptight about these days? I mean seriously, it is just an ass. Everyone has one, there is no need to be ashamed.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
I swear to god, when I rule the world, I am going to destroy Fox News and everyone who positively associates with it. That should knock my blood pressure back down.
I thought you liberal types touted your professionalism and your acceptance of other viewpoints? Chill out.

That article showed viewpoints from the ESRB and the womens rights groups as well as the developers. It was a fine article that showed how parents could responsibly watch what their children get their hands on. I myself cannot understand why parents cant understand the rating system. Then again I grew up reading it.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
OOOHHHH KAAAYYYYY.
Settle the heck down there, Fox.

Do you know how much publicity they're going to get simply by simply by smearing the game? Way more than if they didn't.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I think the worst prat is when they said that the only thing preventing them from buying it online is age verification, you need a credit card. If you've given your little kid a credit card theres some thing wrong with your parenting, and if they've stolen it from you there's still something wrong with your parenting.

Sep 6, 2009
It's funny because if this was any other form of media they'd make the feminists out to be the bad guys standing in the way of conservative Christian values.

Apr 29, 2010
Floppertje said:
"Kids, don't play this game! there's a lot of naked girls in it!"

somehow, I think the extra coverage isn't exactly going to reduce sales.
It just adds fuel to the fire. I bet every time Fox News talks about some game, it boosts the sales of that game. San Andreas, Mass Effect, Bulletstorm, and now this.