Fox News: Halo 4 Could Keep Voters At Home

Tien Shen

Mar 25, 2010
The moment I saw this was posted on Fox News I knew it'd be devoid of anything factual and contain only someone's opinion but delivered so as to appear factual.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
DaWaffledude said:
Didn't Moviebob do an episode about this a while back?
He also said that the theory was crap, and that, while possible, did not apply to this particular case.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Diablo1099 said:
There, See Fox has been rather one sided as always when it comes to US Politics, going though GREAT lengths to bad mouth Obama, sometimes they're right, I'll admit, but the other 90% of the time, well...
I think that 90% figure is way way WAY too low...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010

Reminds me of this.

"There will always be that percentage who are too cool, too cynical, and too ignorant to be bothered. I would guess that's between 10 and 15 percent of the kids of voting age," he said. "The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
Someone actually fucking said this?!? What's funny is that if he thinks this then why doesn't he vote someone into power who will stop "kids" from voting, because clearly these "kids who are too cool" are spoiling the integrity of democracy.

What a load of bull anyway, at least in England we don't get all this crap for not voting for shithead A or shithead B.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Dangit2019 said:
Andy Chalk said:
"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
-snip-

Fox is an absolute, unprofessional disgrace. I plead that anyone working there jump ship to literally any other TV news network.
Jennacide said:
"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."

Hello generic Fox News scumbag, how are you today?
Hi there folks, News Corp employee here.

If you'd read the article properly, you'll see that that's a quote from a "Gaming Analyst", not FOX.

Please save your catcalls and bile for things that Fox actually does, not things you'd like them to have done.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
No, Fox News. I didn't not vote because I was too busy playing videogames, I skipped out on the poll booth because ultimately North American presidential votes will always come down to the Republican idiot or the Democratic idiot. Third party representation is a joke.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It's just idiotic. If someone had to choose between gaming and voting, and they chose gaming, I'm sure they were never going to vote anyway. Also, voting in a broken system won't fix the system. But neither will paying Micro$hit money.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Voting being something that requires thought, heh. If that were true, they wouldn't let just any citizen of a certain age do it. Of course, I too am surprised that 10-15% of voting age youths won't be voting. I expected it to be higher. There were like 3 sections on the local ballots that showed people who weren't running unopposed, and the rest were lose-lose choices. Can you really blame them for believing that the only winning move is not to play?

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
Halo 4 didnt keep me from voting. DBZ Budokai HD collection did. oh and the fact that the 2 canidates are two bowls of crap that smell equally as bad

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Halo 4 won't keep voters at home, not giving a shit will.

"There will always be that percentage who are too cool, too cynical, and too ignorant to be bothered. I would guess that's between 10 and 15 percent of the kids of voting age," he said. "The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."

Oh dear...

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Best of the 3 said:
So then it's agreed, Master Chief for President?
It's obvious his Foreign Policies would work well. Who'd be the Vice though, Sgt. Johnson is dead and he would have been an awesome VP.

OT:*checks election stats*
Nope, doesn't seem to be the case here. Carry on to playing Halo 4 people. Now if only I had it...

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Odds are Halo 4 being released will hurt democrats more than republicans, Fox is just making excuses now and their whining and crying will continue for quite sometime.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Fox news should be happy, because any self respected gamer wouldnt vote for mittney anyway so they are wining over this.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
So FOX is worried that perhaps people will not vote because... Why? The result will be the same no matter which of their puppets wins. Oh yes, we are still pretending that elections matter, sorry, almost ruined the illusion there.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
The way I see it is that if someone would rather play a video game instead of going out to vote than most likely they wouldn't have voted today whether Halo 4 came out today or not. That is how I see it anyway.