Fox News: Halo 4 Could Keep Voters At Home

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Don't see why Fox would be upset about this - by all rights fewer youths voting is exactly what they want if this conspiracy theory does indeed exist.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
Fox is just grasping at straws to explain how the country just doesn't agree with their world view.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-ways-mainstream-media-tipped-scales-in-favor-obama/

See point number two. For those who don't want to click on the link and give them views: (I sympathize)

"Pounding Romney With Partisan Fact Checking"

Because facts are partisan now.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I do not consider Halo 4 to be in any way the voice of a nation or even belonging anywhere in the same sentence as politics.

The same goes for FOX.

Oh, and honestly? I don't think Halo really put a dent in anything.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I recall reading something very similar a long time ago. A different game I think. Same basic idea. It's the pre-Christmas season heating up.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
TizzytheTormentor said:
"Meh" Sincerely, all the people playing Halo 4.

OT: Oh Fox News, you so silly! Unless people are locking themselves in their houses to play this (which I sadly know has been done by at least someone) I don't think Americans are just going to overlook the election...and if they do...um...sucks to be them?
I voted (and my guy lost, pretty much as expected), but honestly a lot of people seem to make any excuse they can not to vote. It's been that way since I turned 18. I can understand why there might be some concern over Halo 4 making things worse, but really I think it's just general vote apathy.

Even with record numbers of people having turned out (according to some reports) the bottom line is that a lot of people just don't care because the USA just isn't designed to change quickly. Obama can do a lot in his second term now that he doesn't have to worry about re-election, but chances are we aren't likely to feel a lot of the effects until after he's out of office, and then whatever happens will fall on whomever the president is at that time, who himself will seemingly do very little. The problem is even worse with the nation as heavily polarized as it is now.

To bottom line is that a lot of people, especially kids, figure it just determines which talking heads are on TV, and I suppose that's true. While I went out to vote for Mitt, as I've mentioned here a few times, I personally didn't even like the guy, both cantidates sucked. I, like many people, went through the motions out of obligation, and pretty much voted my party as what I saw as the lesser of evils. Like pretty much every election, the
guy I backed in the Republican primary wasn't even an option. The guys I'd like to see in
the primaries rarely even make it that far.

As I've said before, I think right now we should probably start taking bets on when American Civil War II is going to start more than anything. Not so much because of hatred over Obama (and I doubt it will be during his term) but really I'd be surprised if even American apathy is going to hold it off much longer with things this polarized. As odd as it sounds I've heard more vocalized threats in public about killing one cantidate or the other if they won than during any other election. Every 4 years it's getting a bit worse.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
I THINK it was here on The Escapist that I once heard this theory before, so... I'm not American and here in Brazil you're obliged to vote, otherwise you must "justify" the reasons why you didn't (this is actually pretty stupid because A) when there's no one you believe him you are forced to go and vote anyway, and even if you vote blank, in a logical matter, you just voted for whomever wins. B) There are tons of people who barely know how to put 1 and 1 together, democracy becomes a dangerous weapon in their hands, since they are easily bought with empty promises and cheap tricks), anyway, do you guys think there's anything to it? I learned to totally hate Fox News simply by staying in the USA once a year and turning the hotel's TV on, I also hate that blonde reporter (I think from CNN) that believes she's a bloody detective and over dramatizes every single fucking crime that's ever committed, but STILL, a tourist will always be a tourist and even if I tend to stay LONG periods I can't really know: is Fox News really THIS conspiracy pychotic, or is there some truth to its statements?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Dear world,

These are the main reasons I will never participate in this voting "process":

Also, I did not purchase Halo 4. I am too consumed right now with Pokemon White 2, Borderlands 2 and the wait for the new DLC for Skyrim to give a Sun Goddess' fuck about Master Chief and his somewhat malfunctioning AI companion.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
poiumty said:
Which leads me to the question: why exactly is voting only open for a single day? You'd think such a huge decision as a country's president should warrant at least 2 or more days of processing choices.
It's actually open for weeks beforehand.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Another piece of Non-News from Fox News, a channel that should be prosecuted for its deceptive name. I dont know why anyone with half a brain even watches them anymore, aside from having something to laugh at.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
ResonanceSD said:
Hi there folks, News Corp employee here.

If you'd read the article properly, you'll see that that's a quote from a "Gaming Analyst", not FOX.

Please save your catcalls and bile for things that Fox actually does, not things you'd like them to have done.
Just to make sure, I got that. What I meant was refering to the same idiotic trash "authorities" that always show up on Fox News, like that lovely Mass Effect sex scandal fiasco, where the "authority" talked about things that can't even happen in front of Geoff Keighley, who was barely even allowed to speak to correct her ignorance. These are the kind of 'scum' I'm refering too. Not the newscasters, but the general ilk that show up in Fox News.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
IamLEAM1983 said:
Faux Noose is being silly, as usual. This is newsworthy how, exactly? It's not the first time they've gone "HRRRKDUURGGKH, THOSE GOSHDURNED LIBRALS AND THEIR VIDJAGEEMS. RUINING AMURRICKAH FOR THEM REALS 'MURRICANS. 'MURRICANSES."

Because, y'know, real patriotic Americans stay inside, get fat, watch Fox News and curse Matt Groening and James L. Brooks for daring to land Liberal humour on their beloved prime-time show which is financed and dragged out like a dead horse by a right-wing megacorp.
One thing I'd like to point out, that not a lot of people bring up: Fux News is always playing the "REAL 'MERICANS" card, but I have never seen a navajo, cherokee or indeed, ANY native american presenter on a forks news broadcast. Technically, No white american who isn't related to a native american is "True American 100%".

Oh, sorry, I should be more on topic, but, well, I think someone's already said Meh.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
SpectacularWebHead said:
One thing I'd like to point out, that not a lot of people bring up: Fux News is always playing the "REAL 'MERICANS" card, but I have never seen a navajo, cherokee or indeed, ANY native american presenter on a forks news broadcast. Technically, No white american who isn't related to a native american is "True American 100%".

Oh, sorry, I should be more on topic, but, well, I think someone's already said Meh.
This is true. False Brews ignores any America that is not White America. It ignores most of the rest of the world, as well, for, well, not being America.

Half the fun of talking about that freaking news network is trying to find new ways to desecrate its name. False Brews was kinda lame, I'll admit.

Forced Newts? Forts Thews? Forks Moose?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
Hi there folks, News Corp employee here.

If you'd read the article properly, you'll see that that's a quote from a "Gaming Analyst", not FOX.

Please save your catcalls and bile for things that Fox actually does, not things you'd like them to have done.
Hi there newscorp employee, Society here.

If YOU'D read the article properly, you'd have noticed that's a quote from a gaming analyst on a FOX broadcast, ergo, a game analyst who has been paid quite a bit of money to say there is a problem when there really isn't so that they get a story and incite a moral panic, thus killing two bird with one wire transfer. It's a fair leap to make, considering Fux news tries to make this kind of negative publicity hit the gaming industry every couple of weeks or so.

Please save your excuses and justifications for things that FOX doesn't do in such a blatantly obvious way so people might actually believe you, rather than things any rational person with a reasonable knowledge of the shit Fox has pulled previously can dismiss as excuses for a company probably monitoring your online communications as we discuss.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against you, but Newscorp is, in a very real way, an evil corporation. One man putting his own spin of bile into news around the entire world doesn't strike you as a little wrong? Defending it, even if you ARE working for them, is not something you need or should even want to do. Hell, this incident is small potatoes next to all the crap they've done regarding politicians over the years. I get that it's not nice to hear people bad mouthing your place of work, but You must acknowledge that Newscorp isn't exactly sanguine?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
IamLEAM1983 said:
SpectacularWebHead said:

This is true. False Brews ignores any America that is not White America. It ignores most of the rest of the world, as well, for, well, not being America.

Half the fun of talking about that freaking news network is trying to find new ways to desecrate its name. False Brews was kinda lame, I'll admit.

Forced Newts? Forts Thews? Forks Moose?
Hey, Richard Bransons Brooklyn-esque memo to anywhere that isn't White America: Fucks Youse.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
SpectacularWebHead said:

Say there is a problem when there really isn't so that they get a story and incite a moral panic,
Pretty sure no one's trying to incite a moral panic dude, no idea where you're getting that from. It's an opinion piece. Some lucky people get paid to speak their mind, due to in this case perceived expertise in a field, most people do not.

Side question, are you employed?

LongMuckDong

Aug 23, 2011
"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."

Comedy Gold.

Who is this guy and can he come do some shtick at my local comedy club, our local talent is running stale.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
SpectacularWebHead said:

Say there is a problem when there really isn't so that they get a story and incite a moral panic,
Pretty sure no one's trying to incite a moral panic dude, no idea where you're getting that from. It's an opinion piece. Some lucky people get paid to speak their mind, due to in this case perceived expertise in a field, most people do not.

Side question, are you employed?
Oh I see, You are the quintessential newscorp emplyee, you take one segment of a statement, spin it in such a way that the context is removed, and respond to it in a non-sensical way, then switch to a random-ass question that has nothing to do with the subject. And no, I'm a student.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
"There will always be that percentage who are too cool, too cynical, and too ignorant to be bothered. I would guess that's between 10 and 15 percent of the kids of voting age," he said. "The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."

Well sir.

Sincerely,

Fuck you, Mr. "look at me I'm smart because I vote". Fuck you dearly. God I hate people like him.