Fox News Host Wants to Monitor Your Gaming Habits

aelreth

Dec 26, 2012
Why did Fox have to hire this woman again? Her previous audience on 'The View' won't follow her.

The data metrics that online distributors such as Steam, Origin, GFWL already track this. Likely the FBI & the NSA doesn't even need a warrant to get access to this data.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Y'know, I spent a lot of today playing a variety of violent games. I played WWE all stars, a game in which Roddy Piper full on breaks a guy's neck, because you do not fuck with Rowdy Roddy Fucking Piper. I played Doom 3 BFG edition, in which demons pour out of hell vaginas and it is your job to gun them down with a large collection of guns, a chainsaw, and one occult cube. I am currently playing Saints Row four as the joker, voiced by Nolan North.

Not once, not even when I had to try again and again at a certain section in Doom 3, did I have the urge to murder someone.

But then this stupid ***** opens her mouth, and suddenly, I feel like I could punch a hole through a freight train, I'm so angry.

Y'know what? Fox news causes murders. It's true. Did you know that 85% of american murderers watched fox news in the last day before their crimes? Fox news should be banned, and their anchors thrown in jail to rot for their brainwashing!

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
the f**k seriously?
hey i'm from economic right, i'm kinda opposed to gun control too... but seriously fox news that is why no one take yous eriously, you don't make any sense in that debate... gun control not okey, game control, sure yeah why not...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The Gentleman said:
The registration and tracking of firearms sales? Absurd.

The registration and tracking of video games sales? Totally legit.

Only in America.
It's confusing to you because you're using the logic "let's track something potentially harmful" vs. "let's track something highly likely to not be harmful", when they're using the logic "let's track something we love and worship" vs. "let's track something we don't understand and therefore fear".

Mr. Omega said:
A nice summary of American conservatism in general right there. "Big Government is bad!... Unless it's for people or things we don't like. Then Big Government is the most awesome thing ever!"
Well, this is the same party who in one breath screams about states' rights, then in the next proposes to force states with strict gun laws to recognize concealed-carry licenses issued in other states [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/hr-822-concealed-carry-bill_n_1097997.html].

Guys, it's Fox News. Scapegoating is their go-to tool to bring in the ratings whenever they can, and their audience eats it up because they're scared of what they don't understand.

mrpollio

Oct 18, 2012
Seung-Hui Cho is listed by the newscast as being addicted to video games. He didn't play games at all and was even considered weird for not doing so.

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/08/30/va-tech-report-rampage-killer-not-a-gamer

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Its funny, right now Im drinking and playing a video game, and I have no desire to go out and kill someone.

You can't rationalize the mind of a psychopath, if a person is in that state of mind, anything can trigger that person to commit atrocities such as this. The only way to stop it is to make sure these people don't get there hands on weapons like semi-automatics, that can kill so many people.

Video games are never the cause, billions of people play video games around the world. If there was a correlation between event like this, they would be happening around the world, non stop, yet the majority of these events take place in countries where guns are available to almost anyone, such as America. I seriously struggle to understand why these guns aren't controlled, personal handguns I understand (I don't particularly like the idea of any gun being free to buy, but I can understand why people in the general public in some countries have them), but no member of the public should have a gun like a semi- automatic.

Damn it Fox News, even your resent poll showed that the public don't think that video games cause violence

http://nation.foxnews.com/poll/2013/09/12/do-believe-violent-video-games-are-to-blame-for-inciting-mass-murderers-as-some/

Fox news knows just how to push my buttons

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
Ugh, more bickering between anti-gaming nuts and anti-gun nuts. Why isn't there an "anti insane people who like to commit murder" group I can join. America is a bad place to be if you love both guns and video games.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
misterprickly said:
A mentally questionable person with access to videogames is NOT a threat.

A mentally questionable person with access to firearms IS a threat.
I don't know though, those old ps1 cases sure some sharp corners on them :p

Seriously though at this point I can't even get mad at fox for this type of crap anymore. It's quite comical in a way how they are so adamant to pin every thing on videogames or the some other scape goat despite many other more important factors involved, they can't even be bothered to use subtle mains anymore.

At this point the only thing they could do to vilify games more is to bring a game disc on air in a locked caged and start pointing and screaming, "Look! Look at the foul beast that they are putting in our children's homes! Do not get to close! This savage monstrosity will tear your arm off in blink of an eye! In fact do not look directly for even to look upon is do go mad!" Then to demonstrate this they bring on a actor "gamer" who immediately starts frothing at the mouth at the sight of the disc and savagely tears the head of a conveniently placed stuffed animal with his teeth.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
"One of the things that happens with events as tragic as this is people start to put blame in places they don't belong." #cognitivedissonance

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
What a bimbo...and framed by two himbos too.
It's fun to watch conservatives conflict their wish for smaller government with their wish for people who aren't exactly like them to be harassed by unnecessary government programs.
I've been playing GTA and been feeling quite non violent but watching that little bit of faux news makes me want to go run over dopey newscasters.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
snekadid said:
I've been playing alot of smite lately, so obviously the Government should be watching me since I'm apparently training for when Jesus comes back. THAT'S RIGHT CHRIST! I'M READY FOR YOU!!!

I'd like to point out that this is coming from an organization that calls itself Fox NEWS while readily admitting they don't provide a NEWS service. They obviously speak only in lies and thus solves the first part of the riddle, now to find the organization that speaks only in truths and then we can open the damn door.
First off, that made me laugh. Show that fig-hater who's boss! (no, that wasn't a typo)

Secondly, I actually got the riddle you were talking about, nicely done sir.

OT: *sigh* as per fucking usual, putting limitations or tracking on guns is absurd because guns don't kill people, people kill people, but of course video games are fair play because as we all know ideas are just as dangerous as bullets (wait, guns don't kill people but bullets do?) and need to be monitored. Yes, keep telling us how buying children video games is worse than buying them guns.
Seriously, isn't the video game market big enough to butt heads with the gun market yet? When the hell is someone on 'our' side going to put political pressure on everything that threatens it? I mean, other than keeping a stranglehold on copyright laws.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Stop mocking her. This argument makes total sense.

I know, because I played Company of Heroes for a couple of hours last night and came over with an unshakeable desire to invade Poland.

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
I understand one reason why journalists like FOX news avoids the topic of gun control is due to the 2nd Amendment in North America. A law that cannot be overridden unless by another Amendment.

But video games are protected by the 1st Amendment. So would saying that the government regulate video games is the same as saying the government should regulate people listening to them?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Ya know, every article on this site about Fox News is pretty much the same story, but it just never gets old. So if buying CoD and GTA puts me on a government list of being a possible mass murderer, does buying Cooking Mama and Phoenix Wright make me eligible to be a chef or practice law?

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Or the fact that the shooter was on SSRIs, which have linked with other shootings in the past. Clearly the mind altering chemicals had nothing to do with this.

irok

Jun 6, 2012
Ah fox, sewer journalism again I see well at least we've given them such an easy target seeing as a new GTA is out "games are causing random sudden violence, look at this one". And oh my god DiamanteGeeza brings such great information that I'm almost certain will be ignored by the media in the days to come remember the last shooting where they tried to blame mass effect and StarCraft? StarCraft for gods sake, cause we all know how much crime Korea has.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
The Gentleman said:
The registration and tracking of firearms sales? Absurd.

The registration and tracking of video games sales? Totally legit.

Only in America.
know what even more sad (besides people buying this BS) they are pretty much allowed to lie to the public like this. Shame really, the world would a better place with out this trash on TV

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
In psychology we have this thing called a "third variable". Drawing the conclusion that A automatically leads to B might seem logical, but if you look a bit closer you might see that there's some third factor (C) that leads to both A and B, but doesn't imply a relationship between A and B at all. "After this, therefore because of this" as a logical fallacy.

So, you know, maybe an obsession with violence(C) could lead to an obsession with violent video games(A) and also lead to a desire to act out in violent ways in real life(B). Then for good measure you could add that what makes the simple desire for violence turn into real violence is opportunity. An opportunity to acquire lethal weapons and the opportunity to use them at real people which just about every (so far) law abiding citizen of the US has with those liberal gun laws.