Fox News is at it again, this time for "Green Games"

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Uuuh why the fuck are we listening to a radiohost and a FOX presenter? These guys make bullshit for a living, just ranting on the fly, they don't make any sense. The fact that Sim city has been around for a very long time and they had moral choice systems back then as well. Not to mention bashing games, because no ones standing up and defending this community.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
did he really just say: "here you're 5, play fate of the world!"

wow... ignorant morons without any though about validating their "news" reports with actual research and thought...

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
We make green tripple A games? news to me.

Yassen said:
The final slap to the face is when they say these games are "boring" and only 5 year olds play games.
This on the other side pissed me off. w/e fox, your generation of painting game developers and anything related to them as the devil is coming to an end soon, thank god!

Feb 19, 2010
Well, those Whacky Christian Fundamentalist, Right winged, ''Fair Balanced'' Bullshit, Done it again. We make violent games, they bash them, we make good educational games, they bash them. theres no pleasing some people.
Let them all of Cholera in a chicken Farm in Romania.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Fox News really comes down to one basic formula in every gaming piece they do:

Games are evil
They are evil because we say they are evil
We know this because we watched a trailer and paid a fake doctor to support us (Optional)
Here is an evil game developer, look what the little monkey has to say
Haha, he so silly, you should ignore that argument.
Won't anybody think of the children.
We're on TV, you should trust us.

I find this one particularly silly (Ignoring all the blatant hypocracy) when they say Nuclear Power is the safest form of energy out there, yes Nuclear is generally safe but there are many safer alternatives to even that (Wind power, Thermodynamic, Tidal, etc) and let's not forget the Nuclear Waste, it doesn't just magically disappear, it's going somewhere and no matter how many rules are in place and how safe the location is I can guarantee someone is going to suffer for it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
It must be really horrible to go through life as one of those people who think that anything vaguely fun must be bad.

They must have such grey and horrible lives.

If this was on the BBC they would be like happy about it and impressed. lol.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
I spend half my time on gaming websites and I had never even heard of Fate of the World. It's like Fox does all this research to find an "evil" game, then all research goes flying out of the window. It's not like it is even a well known game.

Oh shit...I just realised I was expecting Fox to use logic and reason. My bad bro.

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
FUUUUUCCCCCKKKK YOUUUUUU FOOOOXXXXXXX
RAAAAAAAAWWWRRRRRR
RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE
sry guys im just too angry. you guys know why. fuck you fox -_-
edit: i played macdonals the game. it was nice
edit2: watch this video:

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I like how it's "lets get a guy on who agrees with us" not "lets get a guy on to try and convince us were wrong".

It's a circle jerk, without the circle. Like a hundred black people talking about the KKK, there is not going to be a split decision about if there good or bad.

It's like "hey, we have a spare 5 mins, what game can we rag on to pass the time on this slow news day".

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Capt. Crankypants said:
I don't know why I keep watching these. It's the same crap over and over. So very very glad we don't have this rubbish over here. We have 'A Current Affair' and 'Today Tonight' of course, but they seem like the lesser of the two evils.
Yeah, they're crap but they're lower budget, lower exposure crap than fox so I guess thats preferable.

pegi989

May 27, 2011
why do i have the feeling that dude is just talking to talk and knows nothing about it all

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
Yassen said:
The final slap to the face is when they say these games are "boring" and only 5 year olds play games.
Hey, at least they played the games to find out that they were boring, right?

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I can't even think of any games off the top of my head that qualify as Green Games, nor can I understand why that would be a bad idea in the first place. Recycling and protecting the Earth has been something I was taught to be good things all through school and Captain Planet. The world doesn't make sense any more!

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I think I may have missed something, but what was the "fear" that they were mentioning? These people are just stirring shit for the sake of it.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
"Liberal fear tactics?" Oh, right, they're the group that denies running out of resources and global warming. damn conservatives

StANDY1338

Sep 25, 2006
Nuclear is the most safe form of energy out there? Chernobyl anyone? When was the last time a wind farm caused nuclear fallout resulting in cancers being prevolant amungst children?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I've seen worse. Compared to the "Mass Effect is a sex simulator" story that came across as balanced.

Didn't know that I was 5, though. Does that mean I don't have to go to work today? Holy crap, my parents are irresponsible by letting me live on my own.

On a final note, did anyone else notice they showed Flower from PSN? I wasn't aware that was a "green game".

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I don't know what's worse, that there are people peddling this cr@p as "fair and balanced news" or that there are people who LISTEN AND THEN BELIEVE this.