Fox News Links Dark Souls to "Craigslist Killer"

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Sunrider84 said:
She did all that in the name of Dark Souls, and she probably didn't even stop to praise the sun.

Fucking Darkwraiths, man. Not a shred of decency.
That made me laugh just a little too much. I can see it now lol

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
UltraHammer said:
Oh lord, Escapist is posting about this again already? I want to know, why isn't there a clip for this segment in the article? I briefly checked Youtube, and couldn't find the clip there either.

Am I suggesting that Fox put up some other person to boldly refute the person making these claims, thus making Fox News look (as) fair and balanced (as it actually is if you fucking watch it for once you idiots)? Maybe, but I wouldn't want to claim that people are deliberately only picking out one side of Fox's hosts and guests to continue the bullshit that it's somehow all in favor of one side.

However I DO know that Fox has totally defended video games in the past, and that I neeever saw The Escapist fucking post about it. Since these 'durr hurr Fox news is so shitty and conservative' articles could practically be written in a template, I might as well just copy paste part of what I already posted last week.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/12175/thumbs/s-NEIL-CAVUTO-large.jpg

I remember when Cod Ghosts came out, Neil Cavuto brought on a lady who claimed that violent games like those lead to violent behavior.

Now, what do you think Cavuto's response to her was? Did he nod in agreement? Did he passionately tell her how right she was? Did he say she wasn't going far enough? Why no, he chewed up and spit out her argument right back at her, pointing out how silly and stupid it was through basic scrutiny.

But was this snip cut out and posted on The Escapist?
Wow, I really wasn't expecting an intelligent and nuanced post on this, thank you.

This is what happens when you sit in an echo chamber surrounded by people who agree with you; you slap each other on the back about how smart and great you are without actually bothering to check on anything.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
....If American news programs are a joke, FOX is the punchline.

I am pretty sure promoting stuff like this as news is a punishable offense in western Europe.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
I'm actually glad she is a time traveling murderer.
This way, I'm pretty sure The Doctor will find a way to stop her.

Praise the Sun!

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
22 kills? Man, she'd better stay away from Anor Londo, the Darkmoons are gonna be all over her to get those humanities back.

OT: Nope. No serious responses to this.

Seabear

May 22, 2011
The Tunguska Event was entirely due to a Black Phantom in the upper parts of Blighttown.

WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING INVADE THERE? WHY. EVIL, EVIL MEN.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I can't even get angry at this kind of shit anymore.

Life is just a ride, folks. The world is fucked and there's nothing you can do but sit back, relax and enjoy the show. FOX News is actually hilarious if you stop letting them niggle you and watch it for laughs.

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
I don't think he is using Dark Souls to explain why she is a killer but why she is a nut who claims to be the killer. I got the impression that nobody is convinced she has killed anyone.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
To be fair, if any game is capable of driving people to murder it's probably Dark Souls.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Aeshi said:
To be fair, if any game is capable of driving people to murder it's probably Dark Souls.
But not first degree murder. You might get really pissed off and strangle somebody out of sheer rage, but nobody would go "well, this game has the right idea, now lets plan how i can kill my neighbors"..that just wouldnt happen

May 29, 2011
themilo504 said:
Do conservative people actually watch fox? or just incredibly stupid people.
I think most of the viewers are just watching it for laughs at this point. It doesn't even seem like their being serious anymore.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
In other news: birds fly and fish swim.

EDIT: Or to borrow from Yahtzee. Cows go "moo," sheep go "baa," Fox News blames video games for everything.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
klaynexas3 said:
Satanism AND video games? It must be fucking Christmas. I assume the terrorists built the time machine to send her the video game in the past. And it was all constructed by zombie Hitler, who with his painting abilities went on to create video games, such as Dark Souls, all to make sure that these killings happened. I mean, that seems to be the only logical conclusion to how these events transpired.
Nah, if it was christmas Bill O Reilly would be doing his "War on Christmas" schtick, but with Atheists, Satanists and fans of Dark Souls conspiring to take away the holiday from god fearin' white christian 'MURICANS. Cause they jelly!

OT: As the grass is green and the sky is blue, Fox News continues it's mockery of the concept of "Fair and Balanced" News. One of these days The Onion will come out and admit that they own Fox and it's subsidiaries. Because I refuse to believe that Fox News lack self-awareness THAT much.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
Andy Chalk said:
"We do know that she has an affinity for the fantasy game called Dark Souls, which is a very dark, death-laden video game that's on PlayStation and other kinds of video-type things where there's a lot of killing involved."
They should have added the game is about souls.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
CaptainMarvelous said:
While there is a lot of death in Dark Souls, most of it is your own
And aren't most of the things you kill are either already dead or big monsters?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
There are so many valid arguments against this nincompoopery that i am left with nothing to say other than; ALL HAIL SATAN!!!

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
1. Dark Souls wasn't out until 2011.

2. "We do know that she has an affinity for the fantasy game called Dark Souls, which is a very dark, death-laden video game that's on PlayStation and other kinds of video-type things where there's a lot of killing involved." Yes, the video-type things. You know, the things. With the videos.

3. Fox News gonna Fox News.