Fox Threatens Simpsons Cast: Take Pay Cut or Die!

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Normally I'd be on the side of 'hey, $4 million? Just take it and be grateful!' but when it's Fox just trying to screw them to keep more money back to buy Murdoch another gold plated helicopter, damn.

Sure, the voice actors are doing ok, but Fox are just testing the water to see how little they can value their most important talent. As was stated, they make billions from merch, it wouldn't kill them to keep paying the people who bring life to the characters what they're currently earning.

If I was Dan Castellena (?) and none of my co-workers were in serious debt, I'd go for it, call their bluff. See if they'll cancel their best show to make more room for another O'Reilly half hour.

Sure the Simpsons isn't quite as good as it was, but it's still the best comedy on their network now they've got rid of Glenn Beck. (He WAS a character comedian right? Like Borat and Ali G?)

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Averant said:
Greg Tito said:
Fox can't support a 23rd season without paying the cast 45 percent less.
Twenty three seasons.

I think that dead horse over there is trying to tell you something, Fox.
They cant hear you over the sound of their whip

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
SilverUchiha said:

I suspect Simpsons has run its course finally. It will be sad to see it leave, but all good things must come to an end or just stagnate for eternity. Funny since House MD is done after this year and it was pretty bad last couple of seasons. What is Fox going to replace their biggest hitters with next?
Maybe theyre hoping this Terra Nova thing will be their next big thing and start a second Jurassic Park-esque craze

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Meh, all good things must come to an end. Seriously the show is just mediocre now and nothing is really going to bring it back to it's glory. Hell I don't hear anyone talking about the Simpsons anymore, people are quoting family guy, or american dad, hell even the cleveland show.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
I have to side with the voice actors and the others here defending them.

Not because I feel they deserve the money they get or because I want to see more Simpson's. I have not watched it since I was a kid and don't care if it goes under as it will not be a loss to myself in the slightest. I also do not care how much some person I never met, do not know about or bothered to remember the name of is making. No, I simple side with them because the other side is FOX!

Fox could double their salary and still be making insane profits off the series. It isn't as if this is some local broadcasters like public access, that have to let talentless nobodies on the air because they work for free. This of Fox, FOX! I have simply gotten very sick of seeing corporate heads, Fox in particular as they cut some of my favorite shows, make these sort of decisions while their companies post larger and larger profit margins that I can't help but side with the people being screwed.

Though I side with them most times anyway.

Why can't we have more CEO's like Haruka Nishimatsu. In a situation where his airline company was financially pluming, fox isn't even close to that, the board wanted to fire thousands of people to 'make ends meet.' Instead of letting the board do that, he stood up and said they could cut the pay of a single guy and make enough money to keep every one employed.

That one guy: Himself.

We all know the truth behind this move by fox: Larger profit margins so they can justify more million dollar "bonuses" for the board members and high tiered staff. How the hell can we really side with that? Even if you believe millions a year is obscene amounts of money, I do too, look at the side trying to push this onto the workers. This is one of those debates where you are either for one side or the other, you can't be pro-both.

caption:
ontaini increased

This post is to increase ontaini awareness....

PS: I still find the world broken when someone can literally work themselves to physical ruin in hot and dangerous conditions that require physical labour for minimal wage while we debate if a person sitting in a chair and talking deserves $400,000 a hour or $800,000.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
You know, I actually watched a couple of brand new episodes recently, and they were actually pretty good. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better then the series had been for quite some time. That, and it's going to be so weird for me when the show really does get axed. Me and the The Simpsons are about the same age, and I grew up loving the heck out of it. It's one of the few things from my childhood that's still around and can appreciate. That said, the series was/maybe still is stagnating for a very long time, and I can't imagine it lasting much longer at all.

So now I have pretty mixed feelings about whether or not the series should keep going. It's a dinosaur and it got sucky for a while, yet if the series really is picking up steam again then I'll be more reluctant to see it go. Either way, it has to happen sometime.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Jinx_Dragon said:
I have to side with the voice actors and the others here defending them.

Not because I feel they deserve the money they get or because I want to see more Simpson's. I have not watched it since I was a kid and don't care if it goes under as it will not be a loss to myself in the slightest. I also do not care how much some person I never met, do not know about or bothered to remember the name of is making. No, I simple side with them because the other side is FOX!

Fox could double their salary and still be making insane profits off the series. It isn't as if this is some local broadcasters like public access, that have to let talentless nobodies on the air because they work for free. This of Fox, FOX! I have simply gotten very sick of seeing corporate heads, Fox in particular as they cut some of my favorite shows, make these sort of decisions while their companies post larger and larger profit margins that I can't help but side with the people being screwed.

Though I side with them most times anyway.

Why can't we have more CEO's like Haruka Nishimatsu. In a situation where his airline company was financially pluming, fox isn't even close to that, the board wanted to fire thousands of people to 'make ends meet.' Instead of letting the board do that, he stood up and said they could cut the pay of a single guy and make enough money to keep every one employed.

That one guy: Himself.

We all know the truth behind this move by fox: Larger profit margins so they can justify more million dollar "bonuses" for the board members and high tiered staff. How the hell can we really side with that? Even if you believe millions a year is obscene amounts of money, I do too, look at the side trying to push this onto the workers. This is one of those debates where you are either for one side or the other, you can't be pro-both.

caption:
ontaini increased

This post is to increase ontaini awareness....

PS: I still find the world broken when someone can literally work themselves to physical ruin in hot and dangerous conditions that require physical labour for minimal wage while we debate if a person sitting in a chair and talking deserves $400,000 a hour or $800,000.
This man, listen to this man. He speaks wise words.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
If they do decide to end The Simpsons it needs to either have a series ending episode or they should do a second film to end the series. Like how the film Serenity was an ending to the T.V. show Firefly.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Even if they're not getting nearly as much money out of this as Fox is, they're still being payed a hell of a lot. After 23 seasons, it should really just die already.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, the Simpsons has been airing for a hell of a long time...
Maybe they really should call it quits?
Either way, I'd like to know how this situation ends.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Meh, the voice actors shouldn't back down on this. They're valuable and it just seems like FOX is trying to scare them. I'm not even a fan of the current run of The Simpsons (I wouldn't even care if it ended) but the VAs definitely have a good thing going here. But even if FOX did cancel the show as a result it's not like they can't find work elsewhere.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
binnsyboy said:
RoseArch said:
Jesus H. Christ. Quit your bitching and take the paycut. Give that pay to a middle class citizen and they can probably squeeze many years worth of healthy living out of that. FFS.
Exactly. I'm thinking I'll come away from my Royal Marines service with £50,000 piled salary once taxed. Bringing it to about 80 grand American (I want to move to America) and that's enough for me to make a start building the life I want, if I can settle to a nice writing career.

So, after four years of risking my life god knows where, I'll have saved up (assuming I make no extravagant purchases.) a 114th of their salary. Kind of a kick in the nuts if I put it like that, but it's all I need for what I want to do.

Edit: hit a seven on my calculator. A hundredth (shut up, it's late) of their salary.
Ten people quoted me. You're the only one that gets it.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Hm, so it's a fight between millionaires and billionaires then. Reminds me of the whole NFL players' strike.
That comment reminded me of the episode when Burns goes to Billionaires camp. Ah so many great episodes. I do think it needs to end though, with a big bang like it deserves. Still, screw you Fox, they must make so much of The Simpson's even now when it's declining.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
RoseArch said:
binnsyboy said:
RoseArch said:
Jesus H. Christ. Quit your bitching and take the paycut. Give that pay to a middle class citizen and they can probably squeeze many years worth of healthy living out of that. FFS.
Exactly. I'm thinking I'll come away from my Royal Marines service with £50,000 piled salary once taxed. Bringing it to about 80 grand American (I want to move to America) and that's enough for me to make a start building the life I want, if I can settle to a nice writing career.

So, after four years of risking my life god knows where, I'll have saved up (assuming I make no extravagant purchases.) a 114th of their salary. Kind of a kick in the nuts if I put it like that, but it's all I need for what I want to do.

Edit: hit a seven on my calculator. A hundredth (shut up, it's late) of their salary.
Ten people quoted me. You're the only one that gets it.
And there would be some people out there who think that what you make is way too much. It is all circumstantial. Now, I'm not saying that they don't make too much but they don't see what middle class people make, only what other voice actors and such make because that's who they're surrounded with. It sounds like their issue is that Fox is still making so much money off of what they do yet they don't want to pay them as much. They're saying they're willing to take a pay cut but they want some of the profits made off of the show which I think is fair enough.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
SilverUchiha said:

I suspect Simpsons has run its course finally. It will be sad to see it leave, but all good things must come to an end or just stagnate for eternity. Funny since House MD is done after this year and it was pretty bad last couple of seasons. What is Fox going to replace their biggest hitters with next?
Maybe theyre hoping this Terra Nova thing will be their next big thing and start a second Jurassic Park-esque craze
that would be interesting, but I don't think Terra Nova is good enough to carry the network alone as some of the visuals need work. Not to mention that only really fills the empty drama slot that House will leave behind. They'll need something else to fill Simpsons void. It's a shame they canceled Futurama way back when because that could probably work. :D lol

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
As much as I love the "Simpsons", I wonder if it's time for them to bow out gracefully. Though would Fox really let go of their big cash cow? But then, I've never been a fan of their business practices. Especially after what they did to "Firefly"...

(Okay, yeah, I did end up getting into that show after it was taken off air and episodes were shown on another channel, but still...)

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
ShakyFt Slasher said:
I kind of hope this cancels the show. It probably needs to end and not destroy the goodwill created from the earlier seasons.
This. The show has gone down hill so much over time, nothing lasts forever and as a long-time fan I think it's time to say good-bye. There will be enough repeats and re-runs to keep the mech selling for decades to come if they play it right.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well, you know we're all having to feel the effects of the bad economy and- JESUS CHRIST 45%!!??!
That's... a lot...
Does it have to end this way?

Plus they were willing to take a pretty hefty chunk out of their own wages anyway...
But no, FOX wants MOAR MONEY!!!11!1