Fox Threatens Simpsons Cast: Take Pay Cut or Die!

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Homer is my hero & the Simpsons is the best animated show Fox ever had or ever will have, none of the others will ever be as awesome(except maybe Futurama, but Fox blew that one to hell. Thank you Comedy Central), but all good things must come to an end. We've had great seasons & "Worst seasons ever!" & they will be greatly missed if cancelled.

On one last note, once the Simpsons are gone I will have no more use for Fox & they can burn in whatever hell they wish.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
For $200,000 an episode switch that to GBP which is £129,160.

I'd be more than happy to work for £2.8 million a year.

I'd even work naked.
I'd give you that paycheck just to come into work clothed :p

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
God forbid the corporation loses some profit. Kill the two decades old series instead.
Not saying that the actors deserve 8 million USD annually.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
They should take a 90% paycut and use the extra 45% to hire some decent writers for the first time in 10 seasons...

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
at least give the show a proper ending and cancel glee while you're at it. we dont need more stupid people thinking the songs they sing are their own. plus community and modern family need more love

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Dude, when you're on your 23'rd season, is it really such a shame if your show gets cancelled?

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
This is an excellent opportunity!
Simpsons please die!

I will always adore your stuff in your prime, but it's essential that we as a society move onto something else- the series hasn't been anything but a rotting corpse, kept artificially mobile through regular injections of nostalgia and leftover 90s good feelings for such a long time that every year it continues to go on cheapens the brilliant original vision.

I'd mourn your passing, but you've been dead to me for a decade.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
I couldn't care less. I don't have any interest in the Simpsons, never have, and this might just be what brings down Fox, so I'm all for it.

Because, seriously, Fox is garbage.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
binnsyboy said:
RoseArch said:
Jesus H. Christ. Quit your bitching and take the paycut. Give that pay to a middle class citizen and they can probably squeeze many years worth of healthy living out of that. FFS.
Exactly. I'm thinking I'll come away from my Royal Marines service with £50,000 piled salary once taxed. Bringing it to about 80 grand American (I want to move to America) and that's enough for me to make a start building the life I want, if I can settle to a nice writing career.

So, after four years of risking my life god knows where, I'll have saved up (assuming I make no extravagant purchases.) a 114th of their salary. Kind of a kick in the nuts if I put it like that, but it's all I need for what I want to do.

Edit: hit a seven on my calculator. A hundredth (shut up, it's late) of their salary.
First off, congratulations on your completed service! Much respect to you and thank you!

Second, to both of you, I agree wholeheartedly. That is a lot of cash for doing voice-over work on a cartoon show, to be blunt, and it sure doesn't help anyone when a certain, small percentile are paid so extravagantly for "entertainment." Talented or not, it's a lot of money and making half of that is still a lot of money. Taking the cut still leaves them to do better than plenty of individuals.

To be fair, surely that pay cut is to fund more garbage from Fox. This is Fox, we know what to expect...

But to be even more fair, imagine all of the good if the Fox Ceos took a paycut? As bad as we see it regarding absurd actor pay, the higher ups in corporations make that look like a pittance, and that is especially worrisome.
Eh, no, I'm joining the Royal Marines at some point. Sorry for the mix up. I'm not out of the woods yet, or technically even in them...

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
The ratings haven't justified those kind of salaries for a few years now. They should let the show go out with some dignity though. I say come to terms for a 13 episode run so the show can go out on it's own terms and be done with The Simpsons.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Let's face it, while it would suck for the Simpsons to end this way, it's been a long time coming. It might suck that we'll get more Seth MacFarlane crud blocking the airways, but it's time to let the Simpsons rest in peace. 23 seasons is a monumental achievement for an animated series to achieve, but let's face facts: the show's been in the crapper for the longest time and this would be, if anything, a mercy killing.

This is the equivalent of tearfully pressing the barrel of a double barrel shotgun against the head of your best friend who's about to die anyways/become a zombie, saying good-bye, and pulling the trigger. It might be heart-wrenching, given the many years of laughter and good times they've given us, but it's for the best.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
It was time to let the series end 18 years ago but it doesn't matter, I still laugh at the new episodes.

Both sides are crazy. Do people really deserve 8 million a year for talking funny when scientists working on cancer cures make a pittance? Do corporations deserve billions from selling cheap plastic crap made by chinese political prisoners?

This is a bigger question than the simpsons but this current slap fight should make people think about things like that.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
I have two different feelings toward this. Half of myself is completely biased against The Simpsons. This half of me looks forward to seeing The Simpsons finally die. The other half of me is less biased, believeing that while The Simpsons may not be as funny as it used to be, couldn't imagine a world without it. Overall I would just say put it on hiatus for now.

Bitter_Arron

Aug 24, 2009
I think everyone's too busy hating on the Simpsons right now, (personally I have no idea why. I still love it and will keep loving it.) to understand what's going on here. Fox is going to make that money whether the actors get their pay or not, but Fox is yet again trying to retain more money for themselves. The voice actors understandably get paid 8 million a year because of the enormous revenue that they bring in from their work. I say that they should be still paid what they get because they are still gaining Fox billions possibly trillions of dollars. But Fox once again just wants more money and will destroy beloved properties to get it. At this point I fucking loathe Fox. May they burn in hell forever. So all you haters keep complaining that they get paid that much, they have done well to get themselves in such a position to earn that much, they are certainly at this point very deserving of every penny they get.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Greg Tito said:
"23 seasons in, The Simpsons is as creatively vibrant as ever and beloved by millions around the world," Fox said in a statement...
Really? Do they ACTUALLY believe that or is that marketing/promotion bull?

Anyone with taste could tell you that the show in its current form it not as good as it was in the 90s.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
cjbos81 said:
45% paycut? Ay, caramba!
Why did this make me laugh so much. I dont even really watch the Simpsons. I tip my hat to you sir.

This is kind of weird, the voice actors cant have that hard a life but FOX must make a mint off the Simpsons. This just seems petty.

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Does anyone actually feel sorry for either parties (FOX and voice actors)?

Even if these people got a 90% pay-cut they are nowhere near destitute, or even middle-class for that matter.