FOX to Recast Futurama

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
Therumancer said:
Well, I have mixed opinions about Futurama.

I will say that immediatly jumping on Fox might not be the right move since we're not in possession of all the information. For example how much are these new Salary demands, especially in comparison with what they were getting paid? Plus despite all the fans one has to weigh that in comparison with what the show is making. How much are people willing to pay/bid fo an ad spot during Futurama?

The cost to produce shows has to be weighed by the amount of money that can be made by advertising/sponsorship. A lot of shows don't make it/get cancelled by simply being too expensive to produce. This is also why a lot of good shows never get picked up. This can revolve around FX, paying the actors, or other factors.

Allegedly Star Trek lasted a very long time despite claims that the networks were losing money on it. The basic claim being that they kept it alive for the fans, despite the cost to produce the episodes/pay the cast being higher than they could get from advertisers. Tie in products/promotions/etc... seeing a vast amount of the money but also seeing it split up a lot of differant ways. I use this as an example simply because of the claims over the years.

You can't keep too many things around that way due to raw love, and it takes a special kind of investment to have networks and producers find ways to contrive to make something profitable (or at least break even) so they can do it, as opposed to make money.

Fururama isn't anything like that I don't believe, and it seems to be a fight between the Network and the cast. Basically the Network feels they can make money off the show, and like it enough to want to keep it around, BUT you've got the cast demanding more money than they ever have before and apparently enough to be an issue.

Without hearing what their demands are, it's hard to say whether we should be yelling at Fox to pay them, or sticking our collective fan-worn boots up the rear of the voice actors for being a group of greedy putzs.

I mean look at it this way, the guy who does Zoidberg is funny (even if I don't watch it that often), but if the dude is like saying that it's not enough for him to have a brand new Lamborgini, but he wants his own personal private jet as well (or whatever, it's probably not that exagerrated) I'm not entirely sure I'd be screaming "Greed" at Fox.

>>>----Therumancer--->
Basically this, I'm not going to start a riot until I know all the information.

SargeantGunlock

Apr 16, 2009
I knew fox was a bunch of money grabbing bastards but I never thought they would stoop this low FUCK YOU FOX AND BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!!!!

SargeantGunlock

Apr 16, 2009
lets make a lest of shitty things fox has done shall we

Fucking up the Fantastic 4
Fucking up xmen
letting 4kids run a muk and still live
destroy every thing that was awesome about Saturday morning
axing every good comedy show for a shitty one
foxnews
fucking up terminator
and all the shitty realty shows you force down are throat
FUCK YOU

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
It shall die slowly by the power of my eating utensils o.o

Zand88

Jan 21, 2009
Apparently, the mods don't use the search bar either. There was a thread about this already.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
I call Boycott! It won't be the same without the talents of the original actors.

Even if they can do like Loony Tunes and Disney have done by finding people that sound EXACTLY like the original voice actors, I'll still boycott because none of the actors is DEAD, unlike those before mentioned classics.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
"crying" F*cking Fox..They have to ruin everything. Just pay the actors damn it. I want my Futurama back.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Zand88 said:
Apparently, the mods don't use the search bar either. There was a thread about this already.
This is an official News topic; a random thread in the off-topic section hasn't been edited and researched in the same way a News topic has. They're under no obligation to refrain from covering this just because a non-moderator posted the news first.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
SargeantGunlock said:
lets make a lest of shitty things fox has done shall we

Fucking up the Fantastic 4
Fucking up xmen
letting 4kids run a muk and still live
destroy every thing that was awesome about Saturday morning
axing every good comedy show for a shitty one
foxnews
fucking up terminator
and all the shitty realty shows you force down are throat
FUCK YOU
Yeah- what he said "still crying at the unfairness"

yosophat

Apr 15, 2009
Why did it go off the air in the first place? I just want it back. I blame the recession.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome! [http://www.timothynguyentran.com/storage/blogcontent/images/AngryDome.jpg]

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
What the fuck. Is FOX trying to kill Futurama? Are they trying to put such a great show down? What's wrong with them?

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Wasder said:
No! They just won't be the same...

Although I'm open to the idea that they might be better voice actors, I doubt it. A lot. How can they replace Zoidberg?!!
What could possibly be better than the originals? The best thing about them is the fact that they're the originals!

Styphax

Jun 3, 2009
I will certainly give this a chance, but I am very skeptical that they could replace this talent. And I agree. They're fox they have the money, but they love making bad decisions.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
God wtf is wrong with the big networks, family guy just went soaring down hill after its return. There's no words to describe my anger with fox right now.

IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FUCKING FIX IT!! PONY UP THE MONEY TO CAST THE ACTORS DAMMIT!!

I apologize for the caps but I refuse to sit by and watch someone fuck up another great series because they're crying poor house. Fox has money to spare, quite being a ***** and pay the actors.

Where do I direct my angry e-mails, someone at fox is going to be getting an ear-full from me, and quite possibly a visit from my local angry mob....wait a moment!

Fellow Escapists, if you love Futurama and have the courage to stop another big network from destroying a perfectly good show I call out to you. Gather you pitchforks, torches, and +12 Hammers of Smashing; the time has come to form the angry mob to end all angry mobs!! To long have we sat idly by, to long...ah fuck it, lets go tear apart fox studios till we find the bastard responsible!

If new actors are hired I will be actively boycotting the revival the show....and maybe throwing rotten food at passing Fox CEO's

For Planet Express, For New New York, FOR SLURM!!! /righteous zealousness