Fox Won't Share Simpsons Profits With Actors

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
kman123 said:
FarleShadow said:
kman123 said:
FarleShadow said:
kman123 said:
I don't want Fox to get millions if I'm not getting entertained.
Are you kidding me? Some people find it entertaining, some don't, but the moment you aren't getting entertained they should shut it down?

Epic fail.
Well to be honest my opinion was more aimed at 'I hate Fox' then 'I stopped watching Simpsons', judging by the way they treat the VA is pretty horrendous, it'd be better off for them to move networks or just end it.
the VA? No idea what that is.
Voice actors. Or I should just say the cast.
They get paid hundred of thousand of dollars an episode, they get millions, even if they switched networks, they'd never get the same income they do under fox.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
UPDATE: The deal between Fox and Actors have been reached.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/10/simpsons-cast-strikes-new-deal.html

so.... end thread?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I've never really watched the Simpsons regularly, just and episode here and there, probably because when I was a kid, out antenna could only get CBS and NBC.

It's funny, but it isn't like I'll miss it if it goes. Though I think Fox is being a dick as usual.

ike42 said:
leet_x1337 said:
We already know how mean Fox is to Joss Whedon.
No joke. Any network so stupid to cut a gem like Firefly after one season must be made up of stupid, heartless bastards.
Actually, they canceled it before season one was finished. From memory they had 14 episodes done, only 9 or 10 aired, and it got canceled before they could make any more than the 14. That is why there is no real kind of season finale for the series.

Also, Fox is even more heartless, because when Joss Whedon teamed up with the SyFy channel to buy the show from Fox and keep it going, Fox said no.

I find it sad that Joss couldn't continue making a show that he created.

Shraggler

Jan 6, 2009
I don't like Fox at all. The network has consistently been run by greedy morons (to oversimplify).

However, each of the actors make about $500,000 an episode and about $8,000,000 a year.

I personally think that's way too much. I know there are more corporate assholes out there making bonuses that can't be justified in the slightest, but that's not the topic.

Now, as we can see, Fox is pretty much ignoring Shearer. They've had a fucked business model for years and now that the economy is in the toilet, it's starting to present itself. The reason Mr. Shearer hasn't received any answer is that they don't have one.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
huh, i grew up on the simpsons and last i heard, it was still doing really well, even the repeats on at 6 every night.

first cancelling firefly and having to put up with fox news, now possibly one of my favorite shows growing up...damn it fox, stop trying to take the sky from me.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Seventh Actuality said:
Please let this degenerate until they have no choice but to end the show. There would be literally no downside.
Speaking as someone who still LIKES the show and was there from the start, I disagree with your stance.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK, let Simpsons die. It wont take them a day before they are able to get a deal with a company willing to buy it. What happened to Family Guy and Futurama when Fox canceled it? Comedy Central secured the rights and made a fortune on DVD sales and new seasons. Then Fox took back the rights and in Futurama's case canceled it again. Again comedy central secured the rights and made new seasons. Simpsons will survive any dispute with Fox.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
On the one hand, I can understand how a 45% pay cut would be devastating.

On the other hand these guys earn more in a year than I will earn in my life, soooo I find it hard to be sympathetic.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
I get it Fox are greedy, but that's just unreasonably greedy. It's like cutting a goose laying golden eggs in half, hoping to extract trillions of golden eggs from it simultaneously.
Aren't Fox bashing videogames too?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FarleShadow said:
Companies don't care what you like, they care what sells to the *masses*, deal with it.
That would make more sense if you weren't talking about the freaking Simpsons being canceled.

Come on, if you're going to accuse people of fanboyism, keep in mind that your own argument kind of flies in the face of what's going on.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Adzma said:
Harry Shearer's comments may certainly make him seem reasonable, and while everyone knows that Fox is a corrupt cesspit of money hungry fatcats, let's not forget that currently the actors are earning $8 million a season. We everyday citizens can not even dream of seeing that kind of money.
How is that in any way relevant to this?

Fox are making several fortunes from the Simpsons, why should the cast not get paid well for something that would not exist without them?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Fox being greedy selfish assholes, no surprise there. Honestly I still find The Simpsons funny, granted the newer episodes are not as funny as the older season, but frankly very little of tv now is funnier than earlier Simpsons episodes. And anyway the worst of The Simpsons is still funnier than the majority of Seth Macfarlane's stuff IMHO, I can't be in the same room as family guy any more as it is just insulting that people are paid to put that random crap loosely strung together with the least amount of plot possible.

Getting back on topic I don't think The Simpsons should continue beyond maybe 25 seasons as another poster stated. Best to set and end date for the show and make it go out with a bang. Though it will be strange when The Simpsons does end, there has been a season of the show for every year that I have been alive, I cannot imagine a world with a new without The Simpsons.

Michelle Sibthorpe

Apr 27, 2011
I agree with the fact that the simpsons time is up but I think it should end on their terms but hey what do I know? Fox are being totally unreasonable but hey what's new?

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
FarleShadow said:
Companies don't care what you like, they care what sells to the *masses*, deal with it.
That would make more sense if you weren't talking about the freaking Simpsons being canceled.

Come on, if you're going to accuse people of fanboyism, keep in mind that your own argument kind of flies in the face of what's going on.
Actually, that was more about the Firefly/AD/etc fanboys than the Simpsons.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Figures. Goddamned Fox Network! Was cancelling "Futurama" and "Firefly" not enough for you?!?!?

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Seems to me like Murdoch's cleaning up a shit load of bribe money. I know a lot of people who think the Simpsons run it's course but in all seriousness, i want to see the show at least END properly. Fox are acting like a school kid who has too many toys and won't share. anyway i think the actors are entitled to profits because well let's face it, it's pretty much they're work being exploited.