French Hacker Who Bragged on TV Gets Arrested

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
'Carl said that he was a member of anonymous'

Well of course he did, every other person and their dog claims to be part of Anon.

'We are disappointed that you did not emphasize more the values we stand for, such as freedom of expression'

Really Anon? They're so freakin' schizophrenic with their 'values' that I'm sure that not even they know what they are.
That's most likley because Anonymous consists more or less of everyone with a PC and some basic knowledge in hacking 101.

And since their not the most organized bunch being you now, Anonymous, they'll probably never have any consistent "values".

Mariner

Sep 27, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Carl also claimed that he had purchased and sold credit card information online, some of which he sued to buy things for himself.
So he sued credit card info. How does that work?

Aside: He is an idiot

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
LCP said:
Well, Carl isn't very bright...
If there is an argument that there exists a difference between being intelligent and being smart, he would be proof that they are not the same...

Dec 14, 2009
Kalezian said:
Daystar Clarion said:
'Carl said that he was a member of anonymous'

Well of course he did, every other person and their dog claims to be part of Anon.

'We are disappointed that you did not emphasize more the values we stand for, such as freedom of expression'

Really Anon? They're so freakin' schizophrenic with their 'values' that I'm sure that not even they know what they are.

Actually, Anonymous has a fairly basic value, that of freedom.

Freedom without concessions from either side, simply freedom.

That being said, many will claim to be a part of Anon, but that defeats the entire point of being Anon in the first place.

OT: I got a good idea, Ill do some things that are illegal then brag about it on national television.

I don't know whether to laugh hard at this person, or cry for the fact that he is a part of humanity..........
Well if 'freedom' is the case, then the hacker was representing Anon's 'values' perfectly.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
lmao, what a dumb ass, hope he likes his new best friends in prison, gonna be spending a lot of time with em XD

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
*facepalm*
People like this deserve to be caught.
Exactly my thought..

If you cant do a crime right, you deserve to get jailed... Especially if you brag about it on tv..

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
HankMan said:
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllll!
Love the Llamas with Hats reference there :p

oh... OT: Idiot.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
How stupid do you have to be to brag about hacking your own country's defense ministry on TV ?

And how much more stupider do you have to be to do it under your real name ?

Just wow...

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
CM156 said:
Greg Tito said:
But that's exactly what a man called "Carl" did when he appeared on the French show "Complément d'enquête" ("Further Investigation" in English) and demonstrated how he broke into computers controlled by the French Army
Calling Bullshit on this one. The French have an army?

I kid, I kid. My family is part French, and I ran this joke by them.

OT: How can people be so smart and so stupid?

Arrogance makes people think they are bulletproof. Like most hackers, he convinced himself that he could never be caught. He went on T.V. because he needed his ego stroked because he is an overgrown baby.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
How are you going to say you're anon if you have a name right there? Doesn't matter if it's real or fake, it's identifying info.

You can't tripfag IRL, it doesn't work.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Saying your anonymous has become a serious mark of mental retardation.

Its over, cancer has killed the host. Time to move on.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, I have to say I have mixed opinions about this. On a lot of levels it illustrates the problems I see with France and other goverments that claim to support freedom, and high principles, but then proceed to do exactly the opposite when pushed.

One of the things about confidential informants and sources is for them to be protected. The basic idea is that even though your letting a criminal get away ith bravedo on TV or whatever, people are also learning important things. The safety of being able to appear anonumously in situations like this is why people are willing to do it.

I'm not willing to buy that the police happened to just track the guy down on their own, without any real connection to the show or the interviews he did given the timing (simply being a source for something like this does not pardon the crimes). Good luck with getting more people to come forward and provide information on anything with that attitude.

As far as Anonymous goes, I think the most appropriate answer for a real Anon is questioned would be to simply say "I did it for the lulz". When that happens, I think it will be a sign that they might actually have gotten someone signifigant. :)