French Hacker Who Bragged on TV Gets Arrested

Spencer Petersen

Apr 3, 2010
Greg Tito said:
It's usually not a good idea to identify yourself as someone who committed a crime - especially not on national television.
Didn't Donald trump openly admit that he swindled Ghadafi out of land and money on national television?

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Ironically, the segment on "Complément d'enquête" profiled a new type of hacker - the hacktivist - who only commits such crimes for a purpose.
I'm confused, how is that new? Or did it only exist in movies before?

I am kind of intrigued that an actual hacker group exists and has made such a name for themselves, it sounds like something out of a game or a novel.

Spencer Petersen said:
Greg Tito said:
It's usually not a good idea to identify yourself as someone who committed a crime - especially not on national television.
Didn't Donald trump openly admit that he swindled Ghadafi out of land and money on national television?
But is this hacker as rich as Donald Trump? Not actually making a relevant point, but Donald Trump has lots of cash.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Hey guise my name is Patrick and I'm Anonymous.

[small]Pssst, I'm also Batman too. But it's super secret so don't like tell anyone. k thanks[/small]

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
BlindTom said:
CM156 said:
Greg Tito said:
But that's exactly what a man called "Carl" did when he appeared on the French show "Complément d'enquête" ("Further Investigation" in English) and demonstrated how he broke into computers controlled by the French Army
Calling Bullshit on this one. The French have an army?

I kid, I kid. My family is part French, and I ran this joke by them.

OT: How can people be so smart and so stupid?
Autism?
Idiot-savants?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Serves good to my theory that people can be intelligent but lack common sense.

Prime example here.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
i was going into this thread expecting people to start raging about how "all hackers are the same" and they are "pure evil"...no one? but.. but.. but.. i had a defense set up about what hackers have done for you...fine, suppose ill get back on topic.

but yeah, i have a hard time believing this guy could program using game maker *snicker* then hacking into...oh wait, french army, im aussie and i seriously believe that the code to everything in the french security is a pin number...and its on default 0,0,0,0.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
CM156 said:
Greg Tito said:
But that's exactly what a man called "Carl" did when he appeared on the French show "Complément d'enquête" ("Further Investigation" in English) and demonstrated how he broke into computers controlled by the French Army

OT: How can people be so smart and so stupid?
Ego? He basicaly said to everyone listening, "hey, look at me! I'm so great, I make the army look like a joke."

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
CM156 said:
Greg Tito said:
and demonstrated how he broke into computers controlled by the French Army

good grief, I just spit my Coke out laughing. good one

Sarge034 said:
Good riddence. One less hacker in the world.

NO FOR THE REST OF THE SCUM!
very appropriate, considering this one just happened to be French. excuse me, I'm suddenly in the mood for a croissant

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
"Carl": So this is how I broke into the French military, and by the way I also steal people's identity and buy things on other people's names.

Some days later...

Inspector Clouseau: Monsieur, we would like to have some words with you...

"Carl": I don't see what the problem is! I didn't do anything wrong! It is society that should be put on trial!

Disclaimer: I made that last part up.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Anyone who calls themself a Anonymous member is someone who is either lying, or isn't even important to be noticed by any serious Anon members. Anonymous members who are actually smart and dedicated to the cause are the same people who won't tell you they are Anon.

Anon does 'Technically' do some illegal stuff, so it'd be rather stupid to go on TV and start bragging about hacking the 'French Military'. Hacking ANY military database could be considered treason, spying, or terrorism depending on what information/data is taken, looked at, or even copied. This guy obviously isn't a good person and shouldn't even have ANY sympathy from Anonymous, the guy even BRAGGED about his hacking and stealing of Credit Card information to make himself richer.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
HankMan said:
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllll!
Also, the French army? Is that really brag worthy?
*Joke*
They have an army? I though they just had militia of people with baguettes, wine bottles and with bad cheese mines.

Yeah, but this dude must not be that bright. maybe he has ultraviolet bulbs in hes head... Hmm...

I think justice was served here, they didn't break any rights for "freedom". He did a crime, he got caught and punished accordingly - or will be punished.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
CM156 said:
Not only do the French have an army, they're the third largest spender in the world.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Greg, thank you for putting up the Angelina Jolie thumbnail from Hackers. I shall see it, once more!