French museum closes Genghis Khan exhibit over Chinese museums demands not to use words Genghis Khan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
LOL recent memory. Love your qualifier there.
It's the same qualifier I used on the beheading thread when comparing Christianity with Islam. But even then, territorial wars aren't as common nowadays as they once were, and China's rattled the saber a lot, but it's never unilaterally invaded a country like, say, the US and Iraq within the last two decades.

I think India recently. And yes I know when they invade nations they usually refer themselves as the People's Volunteer Army, but who are they fooling.
A border skirmish isn't what I'd call an invasion. It's like saying India invaded Pakistan (or vice versa) every time they've gotten testy about their border.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It's the same qualifier I used on the beheading thread when comparing Christianity with Islam. But even then, territorial wars aren't as common nowadays as they once were, and China's rattled the saber a lot, but it's never unilaterally invaded a country like, say, the US and Iraq within the last two decades.

A border skirmish isn't what I'd call an invasion. It's like saying India invaded Pakistan (or vice versa) every time they've gotten testy about their border.
They invaded Tibet AND annexed their land, that enough war crimes for you???

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
"In recent memory."

Tibet isn't recent. By all means, condemn the occupation of Tibet, but it doesn't fit in with the notion of China "invading nations with Russian hand-me-downs."

Nov 9, 2015
"In recent memory."

Tibet isn't recent. By all means, condemn the occupation of Tibet, but it doesn't fit in with the notion of China "invading nations with Russian hand-me-downs."
Well thank goodness I didn't use in recent memory. But I would still consider India an invasion when China crossed the line of dispute to seize Indian controlled territory.

Edit: Also China stopped using the PVA after Korea, my mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gergar12

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
TECHNICALLY... Tibet had never been a member of the LoN or the UN, and its independence was not recognized by another sovereign nation. Therefore, regarding international law, Tibet is not occupied or was annexed because it was never officially independent to begin with. If you look at it in a historical perspective, Tibet had been a tributary of Qing China till the early 20s, after which it fought against chinese warlords, the kumotang, and later came under the occupation of the CCP.
This is, of course, the opinion of this humble BOI, which is not that of an expert...

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
TECHNICALLY... Tibet had never been a member of the LoN or the UN, and its independence was not recognized by another sovereign nation. Therefore, regarding international law, Tibet is not occupied or was annexed because it was never officially independent to begin with. If you look at it in a historical perspective, Tibet had been a tributary of Qing China till the early 20s, after which it fought against chinese warlords, the kumotang, and later came under the occupation of the CCP.
This is, of course, the opinion of this humble BOI, which is not that of an expert...
Yeah well, Taiwan is not a member of the UN, and there are 38 million people living in a democracy, and it used to be Qing China. Should we let it be invaded.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yeah well, Taiwan is not a member of the UN, and there are 38 million people living in a democracy, and it used to be Qing China. Should we let it be invaded.
I mean, why wouldn't you let anything be invaded? Are you the world police?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I mean, why wouldn't you let anything be invaded? Are you the world police?
No,I am a US citizen in a swing state who may or may not join the US military in the future pending a health change. Taiwan or ROC is a 38 million person flourishing social democracy, and yet the fake progressives here can't stop kowtowing to Xi, and his anti-democratic thugs.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No,I am a US citizen in a swing state who may or may not join the US military in the future pending a health change. Taiwan or ROC is a 38 million person flourishing social democracy, and yet the fake progressives here can't stop kowtowing to Xi, and his anti-democratic thugs.
I'd advise against joining the US military. Modern Afghanistan isn't a nice destination.