French Sex Toy Site Offers Free Vibrators to Diablo III Widows

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
This ad comes off as a tad stupid because...

1. Couples play MMOs together. Crazy, right?
2. I can't fuck my partner whilst slaying demons? Challenge accepted.
3. Even if you don't have the multitasking skills, there is a huge time window available for nookie when you're not playing.

So let's see, these dildo-makers (I've always wanted to say that) assume no women play Diablo, that all men who play it are sexually inadequate and that there's no such thing as a shared hobby. Great. Remind me what the joke was.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Posting on Facebook? OUTSTANDING IDEA!

Moonlight Butterfly said:
When will the world learn that women play videogames too...
Because the percentage of men willing to use vibrators is as high as the percentage of females.

hooksashands said:
Great. Remind me what the joke was.
That they predicted you wouldn't get it. Right now gaming websites are doing free publicity to the sex toy site.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well despite there being couples that play together, and just girl gamers in general, the whole "computer widow" thing remains true, and you see the wives and girlfriends of hardcore gamers going on about it all the time. Still this "offer" would have been a bit more relevent a few years ago. ;)

That said, I have still been waiting for someone to come up with sexual peripherals for computers if nobody has yet. Vibrators and Battery Operated vaginas that hook into a USB port so you can actually get off when epic loot drops. :)

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
John Funk said:
For another - how is Absoloo going to make any money off of this?
I'd go as far as to say that such distributors already give away oodles of the mini vibrators. Buy ANYTHING, and youll probably be able to get a free one with any order, provided you shop around for about two seconds first.

Aint nothing to them

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
This joke had to be made. If no swearing is allowed, then just delete this post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Goddammit Alice, all you've done this week is play Diablo 3 every day for 8 hours."

"Johnny, here's a free vibrator. Shove it up your ass."

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
My only thought on this is that if a game had caused my boyfriend to abandon me to the extent that I'd need a vibrator, then I'd get him to buy me a decent one. I certainly wouldn't pose with the game to get a free one, and let the world know what I was up to.
hooksashands said:
This ad comes off as a tad stupid because...

1. Couples play MMOs together. Crazy, right?
2. I can't fuck my partner whilst slaying demons? Challenge accepted.
3. Even if you don't have the multitasking skills, there is a huge time window available for nookie when you're not playing.

So let's see, these dildo-makers (I've always wanted to say that) assume no women play Diablo, that all men who play it are sexually inadequate and that there's no such thing as a shared hobby. Great. Remind me what the joke was.
Chill out. I don't think it is meant as sexist, simply look at the demographic, most people who will be playing this game are male. The site is a sex toy site, therefore more likely to be aimed at women. It's just a joke about gaming widows, who are more numerous than girl gamers. And if you want to fuck while playing fine, but be careful you don't hurt yourself. Multitasking is usually tricky enough without bringing delicate parts into the equation.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Its OK, its only France, not the World.

Speaking of which, have you got a copy of Diablo 3 I could borrow?, I just need to take a picture and I'll give it right back!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
DigitalSushi said:

Speaking of which, have you got a copy of Diablo 3 I could borrow?, I just need to take a picture and I'll give it right back!
uh huh :p It was actually pretty pricey direct from blizz my friend found a cheaper copy on a retail website. 10 quid cheaper I think.

It's a great game. The wizard gets really powerful later on I feel sorry for those who blew her off early on for a barbarian or whatever.

Wizard4life. Pew pew.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
DigitalSushi said:

uh huh :p It was actually pretty pricey direct from blizz my friend found a cheaper copy on a retail website. 10 quid cheaper I think.

It's a great game. The wizard gets really powerful later on I feel sorry for those who blew her off early on for a barbarian or whatever.

Wizard4life. Pew pew.
Looks like if we start dating I'll definitely be needing some toys then!

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
So this company has elected to give electric boyfriends to the women whose boyfriends have found electronic girlfriends? Those crazy french people.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
This is brilliant. I wish non-French could get in on this. Me and the lady-friend would do this just for the lawls.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Wow. Is someone that desperate for business? What do sex toys have to do with Diablo? ...Nevermind, I don't want to know...

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Somehow I don't think that Diablo has the primary mood to be selling sex toys. And while people who like violence can be plenty equally into sex, it seems like quite a strange mix and assumption to make. Even while you shouldn't assume audiences don't overlap, you shouldn't assume they do for something like this, and this seems like the gaming fandom you should last assume wants a vibrator.
John Funk said:
French sex toy website Absoloo [http://www.absoloo.com/] then had a brilliant idea: Surely there would be tons of women whose boyfriends and husbands were too consumed with Diablo to fulfill their carnal need, so why not give them something to do the trick in the meantime?
Oh God what. Tell me this is just your interpretation.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
I think the basis is that if you're given a code for a free thing, you're going to HAVE to go to their website. Customers, by nature, are fickle and are prone to impulse buying. Some more than others. If you've got a person coming into your "store" for a free item, chances are they'll still browse the site and probably buy more than one or 2 extra things to go with their free gift.

It's a very basic lure-and-reel technique.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Micalas said:
I was thinking it was going to be a USB device that vibrated everytime the boyfriend/husband left clicked.
You can hold down the left click for most of the game.

Just occasionally press shift.

It's considerably less clicky than 2 or 1.

My captcha is "willy nilly".

Fantastic.

Moeez said:
Because women don't play games. That's not sexist at all, right?!
I thought the OP said it wasn't exclusively an offer for women?

Someone even posted a picture of a cat saying no a bunch in response to a quote about that line.