Friday Box Office: Ninja Turtles Defeat Marvel's Guardians

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
The UK will be very different, Inbetweeners motherfuckerrrrsss.

So many people I know have already seen it. It's insane. But I have no money.

#Pray4Rosac

(annoyingly, I have lost all my money pursuing a job.)

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
rosac said:
The UK will be very different, Inbetweeners motherfuckerrrrsss.

So many people I know have already seen it. It's insane. But I have no money.

#Pray4Rosac

(annoyingly, I have lost all my money pursuing a job.)
Oh I have to reminded that they're making another one (not hating on the show or the first film, I quite liked the first film, I just don't see why there should be another).

OT: So... how did TMNT beat Guardians again? Guardians already came out, made its debut at #1. Was Battlefield 3 suddenly defeated by MW3 just because MW3 debuted at #1? Was Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP 2 defeated by Lady Gaga's ARTPOP because the latter happened to debut at #1 on its respective chart?

K12

Dec 28, 2012
The title makes it sound much worse for Guardians than it is. TMNT was always going to get higher views than Guardians in its second week.

It's a shame that TMNT has done well but never mind everyone will forget about it in a month, except its producers who are will forget about it the next time the cocaine and whores fund runs dry.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Mangue Surfer said:
But the film is this bad? Because, for me, critics are beings for another planet.
I know the feeling.

Having seen the movie myself, it's not nearly the horrible toxic piece of cinema that critics would have you believe, but it's not all that great, either. It's pretty much just mediocre and average. It's got some good ideas, some good characters, and some good action and fight scenes - oh, and fun nods to the 80's series! - but it's all strung together with a lackluster plot.

So not a must-see movie by any stretch of the imagination, but the critical word on just how bad it is has been highly exaggerated.

nyarlathotepsama

Apr 11, 2012
I saw it, loads of issues too numerous to name without going into a rant, so I'll just say: Yeah it was bad, real bad, but I expected it to be. Winning number one in box office doesn't mean anything other than the movie made back some of its cost. That is always a good thing, just because a movie sucks it doesn't need to be a money sink. If there are sequels maybe they can do better but given Bay's track record I'd say maybe the third one will be okay. Don't let critics opinions become your own. Go see this steaming pile for yourself, who knows you might even like it! I sure don't but I'm not a good representation for the whole of humanity.