"Frumpy Mom" Responds To Attacks

Dec 14, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I hate her... I hate her so much.
Don't hate her, she'll take it irrationally and write about it on her blog.
Wait, she does that no matter what...
...Hate her! Everyone direct your hate at the *****!
Quick! If we all hate her at the exact same frequency, some quantum doopity crap will happen and she will burn with the fire of a thousand evils!
Hmm, maybe she might even try to say that if our endeavor had video games involved it would have made our brains go bad.
Her crazy dead apparition would sure be thinking it.
*Sigh* Indeed... stupid people are stupid... I think that's /thread really.

PyroZombie

Apr 24, 2009
Video game addiction is becoming more and more recognized as a social problem, mostly for young men under the age of 30 with low self-esteem. There are even addiction clinics all over the world for guys who need help.

I'll give you that, there is a slight addiction factor in video games, which is why we have parents/demanding-friends who break us from the teat of fantasy-paradise, into the back-breaking world of the living, It's your job to make sure your kid is not fucked up, not everyone else's.

Video game obsession is a serious illness in this country that many people recognize.

Video games and other electronics are doing bad things to kids' brains.

Now your taking your point and fucking skiing into trees. "Other Electronics", Are you fucking Amish woman? What are you doing on a electronic devices then if their a grand corrupter the sum of which is apparently Satanical? Is your "adult mind" more resistant and pure to the demonic devices?

I have friends that play G-Mod that are probably better equipped to take on quantum physics then this woman.

All you have to do is ask any teacher about his or her students' critical thinking skills these days and you will hear a TORRENT of horror stories about kids who have lost the power to think.

Where do you think that's coming from? Right. TV, computers and video games.

Wrong, my unworthy foe. How about we hit some real topics of why our kids suck today, shall we? cliche as the list is,here it is;

Drugs
Alcohol
Problems at home
Problems at school
Life period, atleast if you want to believe what you hear.

But, hey, maybe you're right.

Maybe, if Albert Einstein had only been able to play video games when he was a youth, maybe he would have come up with that Unified Theory that all physicists hope to find instead of merely the Theory of Relativity.

You do know who Einstein is, right? The dude with the hair.

I'm fairly certain Al would actually keep to his building blocks. If you read up on him, you'll read some fairly human things about him, as well as some disturbing downsides to his thought process. Overall, I don't think he would notice video games at his young age, being a guy(Sexism, really lady?).

This woman should not have access to a electronic device at all, let alone to a public opinion I don't care what country she is from, there are just too many stupid people to deal with already.

And I love how sexist this woman is, like women cannot be tainted by electronic devices, only apparently by her teeth-smacking hen-friends, and her boyfriend that convinces her that he doesn't have a condom in his wallet. I'm not saying there not better then men, because they are, admittedly, but men have a handicap that can be calculated "The natural human progress formula";

("self-control"-"Sex-drive"+"amount of money being earned from activity"-)X-"the presence of YouTube or wikipedia"="Shit getting done",

This is the formula can be fitted to all humans including adding things such as family problems or imminent ass-whipping,etc.

Long story short, This mother needs a quick look in the mirror, and women are not infallible, even though the some are inflatable.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
Oh, just ignore her. I really can't stand these weird, ignorant mothers who think "ZOMG GAMES ARE KILLIN MAH KIDS :((((". Actually, usually I just laugh at them, most of them do go up and say "oh yeah video games are the work of satan/insert some other demonic figure or bad figure here" with a perfectly straight face.

Also she probably just said "oh yeah i was joking about the satan thing" to make her not look like a complete fruit-loop.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
One Winged KP Koopa Paratroopa said:
DarkPanda XIII said:
Well, I know that there are people are addicted and what not, but it seems with my own friends that my 'self-esteem' seems to be rising out of the grave and I've been opening up.

Still can't talk to girls without stuttering, though, but that's what I've been like since...ever.

Still, addiction is addiction, it can be a problem, it may not be a problem, the only people that are a problem aren't the people that chat here. Why? Because we get off the game in order to type.

And if you don't get off the game to type, power to you because you have weird mad skillz
My laptop and my consoles are in the same room, which is small enough that I only need to lean to the right a bit to type while my game is paused. Of course, I rarely play my games, and even then, its usually a Pokemon game.
That's not bad at all, honestly.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Thinking back on this I wanted to point out, that when she says about Video games and other electronics are doing bad things to kids' brains does bad things mean "think"
look at some of the ds games, such as brain training and most importaintly professor layton I really advise her to play this game before she makes any more stupid comments, becuase that game (and others such as zelda) really test your brain with the puzzles.

blackshark121

Jan 4, 2009
I bet this woman is like those old fat women that I see every day at work, coming in for no more reason than to criticize technology, then go buy some Vegas or hidden objects computer game.

I work at an electronics store, just to set some context.

VoidAndrogyne

Jan 14, 2010
Heeeeer Durrrrr.

Seriously? Seems like she's addicted to writing her blog.

And seriously, she backed it up with a story of a guy addicted to WoW?
I want someone to find the ratio of amount of people addicted to how shitty the game is.

Dalamard

Apr 27, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
ToonLink said:
*also raises hand*

I'd like to personally volunteer to fly to California and club this woman in the head with a +6 mace.
And then after the club-fest, I'd quote the greatest of all video game quotes, everyone say it with me:

"I'm here to kick ass and chew gum. And I'm all out of gum."
Better make it a +10 mace of stupid bashing.
roll attack 1d20+1(str)+10(Enchantment modifier)+2(Bane Weapon)
roll damage 1d8+10(Enchantment modifier)+1(str)(+2 +2d6(Bane Weapon))

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I'm sure that in twenty-one pages it's been asked already, but why did the Escapist feel the need to make a news article about her thoughts anyway? She's just some loony, over-eccentric woman. And if just posting about her wasn't bad enough, it seems highly unprofessional to create another topic just to slam on her because she stands by her decision. Frankly I'm a little disappointed.

l0rD ChUcKl3s

Nov 1, 2009
Video game addiction is becoming more and more recognized as a social problem, mostly for young men under the age of 30 with low self-esteem. There are even addiction clinics all over the world for guys who need help.

sad truth is i found social rejection way before i found games, they just helped me not care... wow thats sad.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
This women has no idea what the hell she's saying. I'm a gamer, and I have been for years; in 8th grade I had a reading level and comprehension of a junior in high school. How can you look at someone like me and say games make kids dumb? It's inconceivable. That in and of it's self shows how far behind this women is with time and with information. I'm far for antisocial, and anything else this bible waving over bearing "mother" has to say is fictitious and fill with distant. I feel very bad for her kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she only lets them watch Blue's Clues. By the way, if I was an uneducated brain melted gamer I would be unable to even understand my own paragraph *facepalm* Now that I have that out of my system I feel better.

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009

It's a female DBZ-style fusion of Eric Cartman and Jack Thompson with the appeal of Ben Affleck: none whatsoever.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure she is trollin'. But then again... that flat earth society is serious so you never know.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Freebird95 said:
Yeah, I doubt she'll make a very big impact.
Unless she jumps in the air that is! Zing!

Then she wouldn't have to worry about Newton not teaching us about the effects of gravity! Ha-cha-cha-cha-cha!

Don't forget to tip your waitress everybody!

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
SkullCap said:
Fellow Gamers and Escapist's stop insulting this ignorant woman. We should battle Frumpy Mom with FACTS.

If we just throw insults at her then we're no better than those 14 year old Ritilin brats that cuss each other out on XBOX Live.

There are several articles on the POSITIVE aspects of Video Games.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0816/is_6_21/ai_n9772319/

http://videoonlinegames.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_positive_effects_of_video_games_on_children

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/positive-effects-of-video-games.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2559087/the_positive_effects_of_video_games.html?cat=25

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/technology/September-October-08/Study-Addresses-Positive-Aspects-of-Video-Games.html

ALL OF THESE ARTICLES DEFEND THE POSITIVE ASPECTS OF VIDEO GAMES. If we don't battle these people with facts we look stupid. We have the upperhand in terms of this argument and we have the facts. Stop the Insults and use the FACTS.
I was reading through
http://videoonlinegames.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_positive_effects_of_video_games_on_children

and i found this:
''Parental Involvement is Key

The American Psychological Association has found that parental involvement can help reduce the negative effects of violence in video games, and the studies mentioned above suggest that, provided you?re giving your kids a firm moral grounding, all the blood and gore might actually be helping them develop important life skills.''

OT: eh? gtfo our forums frumpy. We don't want you here as much as u don't want us playing Video games.