"Frumpy Mom" Says Videogames Made by the Devil

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
I don't think a ds would have stopped Sir Isaac Newton from making calculus.

tellmeimaninja said:
Overly-religious extremely conservative people are idiots. End of story.

If video games are made by the devil, then call me satanist and give me something to sacrifice.
I agree with you there.
Want to go sacrifice a goat?

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I hope she is kidding about the newton apple thing. Because that didn't really happen and anyone with a full frontal lobe knows that. She must be too sucked into popular media to actually read anything once in a while, otherwise she would know that.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Oh no! She found out our secret!

Quick, sacrifice her to the dark lord. Its the only way to appease him!

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
Well considering she doesn't let games into her house, I can only speculate as to why her son comes home irritable after playing games at a friends house. Seriously, what's with all the anti-video game bullshit recently. First there was the mom who called 911 over her kid's gaming, then the kid who got stabbed over a game, then joshthechristian100, now this. And it has all happened in about a months worth of time I believe.

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
Well, that's what happens when you have the Internet; it gives voice to the voiceless. And by "voiceless" in this case I mean "stupid".

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Rage...building!

I thought we took those people out when we killed jack thompson, oh well more crazys to take out.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Bobby Kotick doesn't actually make the games you know. Silly woman.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, shit. Does anyone have that "Islam is the Light" Penny Arcade comic?
You're welcome. [http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/2/2/]

OT: What a complete fucking ass-hat. I feel more stupid for being exposed to her bile.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Tzekelkan said:
Such ignorance is staggering. This... this can't be real. Scarred for- Bwuh? Hugwooba speechless.
I am absolutely, without question, using "hugwooba" at some point in the future.

Dec 30, 2009
Ugh. The internet, where ill-informed people can change the minds of millions. Me thinks that Frumpy hasn't done an ounce of good research considering she hasn't even thought to look at the other view points such as their benefits.

EDIT: I was just going through the responses. Man, this woman has a lot of followers, ages from 16 to 60+ Quite a few of them seem to be sane though. Offering valid points and arguments to her story and the bellicose rhetoric spewers.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:

If video games are made by the devil, then call me satanist and give me something to sacrifice.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

Yeah, I was playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusage earlier (stupid game cuts out before I save, right after completing almost all of the Tyrea battle against the Eldar...). But I digress. If I were a 'dumb kid' as this idiot woman says, because I play video games, would I be studying for a Mathematics BSc now? Would any of the people here who are doing well at school/university/work be doing so? Nope. We play games and they have minimal effect on us and our brains, because we know when to stop playing. Hell, the staff of the Escapist are all (presumably) smart, hard working and respectably members of society, and their bloody JOBS revolve around gaming! This woman needs to get out more.

Oh, and by the way, my mother doesn't like me playing games for ages and ages (not that she can do anything about it, I'm 19 and live away from home, though I don't spend all my time gaming anyway). She happens to own a Wii that my dad got her for Christmas this year, and loves playing Wii Sports. Plus, she's the one who got me into gaming (age six, I might add) when I used to watch her playing Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon on the family PS1, though nowadays she sticks to Wii Sports and Brain Training...

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
tellmeimaninja said:

Can we sacrifice the woman.

Also, I'd like to think Newtons hearing would be good enough to at least hear the falling apple hitting the floor.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
I had to read this post twice,to make sure I hadn't gone nuts. Then I read it again after my nightly goat sacrifice.
I know someone already made a sacrifice joke.

I read this (and some highlights to my mom, who actually encourages my gaming "It's better than drugs" she says. Second thought: I don't know how to take that now)

And wait "In case you?re not familiar with ?Grand Theft Auto,? this is a socially conscious educational game, in which players portray criminals and earn points by stealing cars, killing people and destroying property."
... I'm... I don't know what she means by this, who wants to explain it to me. Educational game? What?

And who wants to be the mom who makes those pizza nuggets? Those things are disgusting.