"Frumpy Mom" Says Videogames Made by the Devil

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
When do kids ever think these days? When do they ever have brains free from electronics long enough to ponder the universe? To think of things that might someday lead them to a cure for cancer?

If Sir Isaac Newton had been playing a DS, I'm sure he never would have noticed the apple falling from the tree, so he never would have formulated the theory of gravity.

This lady has obviously not had her brain wrapped up in electronics so what has she invented or came up with? Nothing, oh well maybe it's because she has her brain wrapped up in religion and pointing fingers at why her kid is probably a dullard.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Logic 0 said:
Rage...building!

I thought we took those people out when we killed jack thompson, oh well more crazys to take out.
that with the avatar...priceless

Toastngravy

Jan 19, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, shit. Does anyone have that "Islam is the Light" Penny Arcade comic?
This?

Moving on then.
Heh. Yeah...I don't mind the usual anti-game talk because for the most part they make sense. Not making sense in the "Yes these are the 100% cause no questions asked" but making sense in the psychological way. If a child dies for what ever reason, let's not even talk about how, and they were an active video game player the parents will of course put that into the pile of obvious reasons. Why? It's nothing but a scapegoat. The parents mentally need something to blame to help the cope with the loss. Video games may have not been the reason at all, but it's there and it helps. They rarely know what their social life at school is like or even that their parenting skills are questionable.

No matter what the reason, Video games are an active scapegoat no matter what. It's merely a coping mechanism much like how a large amount of the people that play video games play them to cope with the stress of everyday life (and do it rather well).

Sorry started to ramble...the point being this is the stuff that does bug me. She claims, for the most part, if you play video games you're pretty much dumb. This is the fun part. Almost all kids these days play video games. Many of which are pretty darn intelligent and will more than likely be much better off than this woman will be financially and, for sake of argument, mentally. That's great you don't want your children to be playing video games, all the power to you. Just don't go about preaching how "stupid" people will become by playing these. Even if for some reason you must do that, at least make your argument sound partially valid.

...Need to stop rambling.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Inb4 the inevitable reference to nazis and terrorists playing MW2.

It basically has to happen.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Oh crap, I think I've just decided to change my ways... Video Games are evil! As are guns! And films! And all this rebellious music I like! [/sarcasm]

It's quite ironic... i read the article, and now want to play some GTA4.

fyrsten

Aug 19, 2009
she has a point, but ruins it for herself by being a retard.

no wait, is it religious?

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
I find it amusing she used her time to ponder the universe and concluded that not only does the devil exist, but he spends his time making video games. All in an effort to make kids disobedient and pale. What a fucking retard.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
"In case you?re not familiar with ?Grand Theft Auto,? this is a socially conscious educational game, in which players portray criminals and earn points by stealing cars, killing people and destroying property."

*Facepalm*

I knew I got those skills to steal cars, my awesome marksmanship and the ability blow shit up from somewhere... all this time GTA has been educational. WOW, She just blew my mind.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
ike42 said:
This lady has obviously not had her brain wrapped up in electronics so what has she invented or came up with? Nothing, oh well maybe it's because she has her brain wrapped up in religion and pointing fingers at why her kid is probably a dullard.
Wanna place a bet that he's home-schooled?

(And no, that's not a swipe at home-schooling. It's a swipe at her.)

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
I like video games and I'm ok.
!reficuL ,ssenkrad of drol ythgim eht erofeb woB
Yep, perfectly OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY!

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
I lol'd. Hard. I'm embarrassed to say that I live in the same state as her. What pisses me off, is how she ASSUMES that the kid is that way because of games. But in reality its probably because he didn't get any sleep. I am the same way when I spend the night at a friends house, we stay up all night playing games and stuff, and I come home as an a$$hole until I get some adequate rest. Not only that but they make Christians look bad. >.<

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Would you listen to someone who claims they were 'scarred for life' when they saw someone playing on a DS? That's like saying you became depressed when you saw someone drop their spoon in a restaurant.

One time I saw a pigeon perched on a fence. Now I need therapy and it's all because rap music makes people violent.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Overly-religious extremely conservative people are idiots. End of story.

If video games are made by the devil, then call me satanist and give me something to sacrifice.
Seconded.
And by the way... here's a a nice lamb for you to sacrifice. Have fun.

cynicalandbored

Nov 12, 2009
Does anyone else think that some games just suck way too much to have been made by the Devil? Lets face it, if he wanted to damn our eternal souls he should never have made History Channel: Battle for the Pacific, or Leisure Suit Larry. Games made by the Devil would be epic. Most games are not. QED.

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Malicious said:
Freebird95 said:
Is that her son in the picture, because he's playing Mario Kart.

If Sir Isaac Newton had been playing a DS, I'm sure he never would have noticed the apple falling from the tree, so he never would have formulated the theory of gravity.
Maybe if he was playing this.

Dude EPIC WIN on your behalf. Send that to her email!

Seriously this woman is as mad as a hatter and bananas combined. Curse her genes!
Epic Win is right.

OT: Man, I'm a hardcore gamer, but I've got nothing to play so often that I probably ponder the universe more than her entire family. Then there's falling asleep. Some people count sheep, I consider the rise and fall of communism, or man's mortality.
It tends to backfire. Maybe I should give the sheep thing a go.

[sub]One, two, three, four, Lenin. Dammit![/sub]