Full PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Cast Revealed

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I'm reserving my thoughts until I see the game in action. I am hopeful, though, as Daniel "Clockw0rk" Maniago has been involved in the development process. Seth Killian was also hired by that company, Santa Monica if I remember correctly, so he's probably been working on it as well.

That's basically what is making me believe that this is going to be a solid experience.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
DrunkOnEstus said:
omicron1 said:
I smell post-launch DLC. And lots of it.

Eh. Maybe it won't be too bad to have new characters every couple weeks.
Sadly, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read the number "20". Other things don't make sense either..like how is Bioshock a Sony thing? Do we really need Red and Blue Cole as separate characters, and not a changing mechanic for the one Cole character? Did anyone like Heavenly Sword all that much, and if they did would they be dying to play as Nariko in a game like this?

I was never really excited for this game, I was waiting to hear more information, but this character list is quite lacking and questionable to me.
Or how about just a costume change between the coles? :/

I was honestly hoping for some Chimera or something too. Maybe Spectre from Ape Escape? Most mentioned here are heroes and not necessarily Sony things. I'd get old Dante, since the first 3 DMC games were Sony exclusives last gen, but new Dante?

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, just very few of the characters are too important to me. Wait for DLC or a Super/Ultimate PSASBR? :p

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Padwolf said:
Big Daddy doesn't quite seem to fit in there. No Crash? No Spyro? No Snake? NO ABE?! Hmm... I sense a lot of post launch DLC in the future!
Why Raiden when no Snake?

IO can deal no Snake. But Raiden instead is kind of insulting.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Still looking forward to it. I doubt Activision will let Sony play with their toys readily, so we'll miss out on a few characters that people are all bitching about (it's the same reason we can't have Spiderman or any mutants in the Avengers, guys--not because the devs don't want it, but because they don't have the rights). But still, a SSB clone with a different character set just steeps of fun.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I can see the Raiden thing, being that Snake was in Brawl. But not throwing in some cash to Activision to get Crash as a guest? Pft, no fucking sale. Some may say "But Jak is in it, and he was Naughty Dog's too." Well fuck that, Crash is a mascot, not a franchise. I'll be voting with my wallet on this one, and I pray to God that with enough fans bitching about this, Sony buys back Crash. I know it will never happen, but a man can dream right?

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
I went "Awww yeah!" whgen I heard Daniel Fortesque was in it, and I don't think I've ever even completed Medievil... or for that matter own a PS3. Nice to see Spike from Ape Escape in it too. Though respect must be given for mentioning Klonoa in the article. :p

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Dfskelleton said:
Wait a minute, wasn't Bioshock an Xbox 360/PC exclusive, until a PS3 edition was released a couple years later? How is the Big Daddy a "Sony All Star"?

OT: This has equal potential to suck or be great.

I have NO idea why Big Daddy is considered a "Playstation" All-star. He WAS Xbox exclusive for awhile. I have the game. It says so right on the cover.

Then again, their other "Playstation" All-stars include the reboot Dante (which will be on 360), Heihachi (whose Tekken games are on both Xbox and Nintendo platforms), Raiden (whose new game was revealed as an Xbox Kinect-supported title and Raiden himself was playable in MGS2 on original Xbox).

And two Coles is still BS. He takes up two slots out of a meager 20-character roster? I don't even care if he has a different playstyle. Smash Bros has characters like Zelda able to turn into Sheik, Samus can lose her armor and fight in her Zero Suit, and even Pokemon trainer can swap out THREE different characters to use in the game. They couldn't do that with Cole?

The lack of Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, and even Cloud Strife is baffling. Let's be honest here... those games, with those characters, were THE reasons to buy a Playstation back in the day. NOBODY bought a PS3 for Fat Princess.

It's also like they've forgotten they have over 100 Sony-owned, Sony-produced, Sony-exclusive franchises in existence, from the popular (where are ICO/Shadow of the Colossus characters?) to the more obscure (Legend of the Dragoon? Mister Mosquito?), and even then a TON of third-party games are actually exclusive (Heavy Rain? Lair? Haze? Folklore?) or they got their start and popularity on Sony consoles (Legacy of Kain? Xenogears/Xenosaga? Parasite Eve? Silent Hill? Resident Evil?)

Sir Dan is the ONLY character I'm genuinely happy to see, but even then his series has been more dead than HE is.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
But.. But... No Crash? And no Spyro?

I was looking forward to Crash. )=
Bit of a downer. Still gonna get it I suppose. But still..

What about these two guys? )=

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
IN WHAT WORLD IS RAIDEN GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT INTO A MAJOR GAME LIKE THIS AND SNAKE ISN'T?!?!? SONY! SONY WAT ARE YOU DOIN??? SONY!!! STAHP!!!!!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
GenGenners said:
Another problem for Sony (and one that whiners keep forgetting) is that because of the great 3rd-party support they had in previous generations, a lot of the IP's people consider 'classics' for Playstation aren't actually owned by Sony and more often than not were multiplatform games that just happened to be most popular on Playstation.
Yes but the game itself is called Playstation All-Stars, not Sony All-Stars. I...hmm I forgot where I was going with this and instantly dug myself into a hole :(

Trishbot said:
Please...please don't mention Haze...

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Two Cole Magraths, come on. Also a character from heavenly sword, why? Has Heavenly sword become some cult classic since it came out, because as far as I'm aware most of us have forgotten about it. It's a shame that they couldn't get the rights to a lot of the characters that we actually think of as "Big Name" Playstation characters, which I feel does a bit of damage to the appeal. I mean a few of these characters we're never going to remember a few years down the line really, Fat FUCKING PRINCESS? Really scraping the bottom of the barrell there sony.

Also from looking at the gameplay I've seen it seems a bit sparse on things, I hope all the characters have a big move set, otherwise it's going to be a bit spartan on things to do, SSBrothers has items and the awesome stages which spice combat up a bit.

ProtoChimp said:
Oh Fuck off fuck right off. COLE MACGRATH IS THERE TWICE! I don't care if one is evil and one's good, its gonna be a clone, and believe me there were enough clones in Brawl. It should have been an extra skin for him, I will give them credit if they play differently but I seriously seriously doubt it. And why are they almost all just PS3 characters? Why would you limit yourselves so much? If you don't own the property fair enough but surely, surely the companies would be more than willing to allow their characters to be in the game. Doesn't Naughty Dog own Crash along with Nathan Drake AND Jack and Daxter? This is just... blegh I know fanboys who wouldn't wanna buy this.

Naughty Dog ain't owned Crash for a loooong time, they sold the rights after CTR. So they've actually made quite few of the games in the series at this point. But those are the ones we remember and love.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
If it's as simple to play as smash bros. I will totally get this. My foster kids'll love it. I'm going to wait for reviews on this one.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Don't worry everyone! All your favourite characters will be released in 6 months time once its released in the

Super ultimate Playstation all stars version for $60!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Ehhh...well, it's got Daniel Fostesque. That's actually pretty awesome. And hey, at least Jak, Ratchet and Sly made it.

I'm just worried it's gonna feel and play more like Clayfighters and Dream Mix TV (Weird character smash-up game that's just plain confusing) as opposed to Smash Bros (Really well done character smash-up game). But we'll see...

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Trishbot said:
I have NO idea why Big Daddy is considered a "Playstation" All-star. He WAS Xbox exclusive for awhile. I have the game. It says so right on the cover.
Same reason why the Xbox touts BioShock as their exclusive title when it was on the PC since launch: shit rarely makes sense.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
ace_of_something said:
If it's as simple to play as smash bros. I will totally get this. My foster kids'll love it. I'm going to wait for reviews on this one.
Ahh, how refreshing. While everyone else in this thread whines and moans about the particular selection of characters included in this game, you have concern only for the amount of joy your children will receive from playing it. Bravo my good man, you win this thread.