Fun with naming your characters.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I can't really remember any of them but a 9 year-old with a Pokemon silver can't end well. Haven't abused this lately thou, I can't decide which of the silly ones to use anymore so I don't name anything unless I must and then it's some pretty basic, boring stuff.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
I always give my characters normal names, because I'm boring... but I can literally sit there for hours trying to work them out. How Bethesda manage to make around 1000 names each time I'll never know...
Probably with this http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article5.asp?x=dnd/dx20010202b,0

I'm not really one for mixing things up with names though. I like character names to be actual names rather than something silly (random objects or conditions) just to fuck with the dialogue writer.

I have seen some rather hilarious examples online though, but i doubt i'd ever do that myself.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
Humans are "Sir Hieronymus Contumelorius Quintillius XIV of Agrippa" which finds it's origin in several names from Oblivion and an actual Roman name. Not that the others aren't Roman names, I just don't know about them. Anyways, this name is designed to be a mouthful. Cat-people or Khajiit (I'm an Elder Scrolls person) are called Tybalt or Mister Fluffington (depending on seriousness). I don't usually make female characters.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
All of my character's names must be lore-accurate and not funny in the slightest.

[image width="300"]http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/nofun-jpg.2703/?embedded=1[/IMG]

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I spent ages going through Old Norse names to come up with my Skyrim characters name.

Usually I end up with something stupid like naming my pokemon character 'derp!'. Much hilarity was had. Particularly in Gold/Silver when trainers call you.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Probably the silliest thing I've done in naming my character was when I named one of my Fallout: New Vegas characters "Wheatley," and even gave him an Intelligence of 2 to complete the effect. I'm not comfortable with anything sillier than that, though. It just makes the game feel less complete most of the time, like me and my character don't belong there, and that's hardly good for the level of immersion I usually strive for.

On a side note, while you can't technically name the horses, I've taken to calling my horse in Skyrim "Boziik," which is Draconic for "bold." It's less because of how cool it sounds and more in honor of that one time I got attacked by a blood dragon and she ran up and started stamping on its face. Poor dragon didn't know what to do between me, my badass horse, and my companion.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
If it is a male playable charatcher, he will with a 90%, have my name. When it isn't my name, it will probably be a default name. If it's a girl? She'll have a name I consider pretty, or a meaningful name.

I'm boring, aren't I?

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I Usually go for "Latiasracer" Because im lazy to think of ones.

Sometimes, when that doesnt fit i go for "Strelock" (Character from S.t.a.l.k.e.r games) which is what i named my Fallout 3 character. Which lead to a very DERP moment.

Some mercs tried to kill me, and on killing them i searched their bodys. One of them had a note that was "Kill strelock" which i made a happy noise, thinking it was a S.t.a.l.k.e.r easter egg (Your first objective in S.t.a.l.k.e.r is to Kill strelock). But soon after i recalled that was my character name, and i was sad.

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
I like calling the protagonist in RPGs "*****". Makes for fun dialogue.

"Nice to meet you, *****."

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
I had an Oblivion character that was a class called Douchebag. I name some of my fallout characters after their main combat style: Blasty, Punchy, etc. I had a WoW character named Douchecannon until I realized that WoW is complete crap... the list goes on.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
My Skyrim characters have been Puss in Boots and Palpatine so far, with a Xena playthrough pending...

In Dragon Age 2 I named my Hawke characters "Ethan" and "Hudson".

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Lets see, I've had a multitude of Terraria characters whenever me and my mates get bored of our current world/give someone else a go at hosting

Rookie (normal)
Old ****** (Less normal)
GINGERS DO HAVE SOULS! (Pure red head, white clothes/skin for the 'no soul' part xD)
Suicidial Goth child (hehehe)

And a few others which are far too horrible for the eyes of the escapist community...

Tsukikagenoknight

Jan 3, 2011
I either made the names personal (like with people I know) Made them so i'd know what the character was supposed to be (Zidane was Thief, Vivi was BM, Steiner was Useless etc.) Although I did have fun, watching everybody praise Ganon in the SNES Zelda game for being the savior of the world.

breaddough

Aug 4, 2011
named my rival in pokemon Gary. after being partially raised by season 1, it's basically a curse word now. :/

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
One of my Fallout characters was called Ruth less.
That's about as funny as I get with names unfortunately.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
I named a DAO character:
Kakapoopoopeepeeshire Cousland.

Now every time someone recounts his story its the tale of Kakapoopoopeepeeshire Cousland, the man who saved the world from the blight and gave his life so hopefully other PCs of that name would not live in shame of it anymore.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Sometimes I go classy with names and put some thought into them
My female Nord in Skyrin was Syn, an actual Nordic Goddess
My FemShep is Amanda (cause it sounds like Commander)

Other times I just ask my husband, some of his best cannot be repeated in civilised conversation