Fungal Dissident

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
I always took at as an allegory of Ptolemaic Egypt with Peach as a sort of Cleopatra vibe.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Maybe they're continually secretly hiring Bowser and his crew to depose Peach and Mario keeps ruining their efforts?

2HF

May 24, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Remember when this comic was about video games, and not politics?
Remember when you drew and wrote this comic and had total creative control to the point where you could strangle any and all change that had the nerve to even cross your mind? Good times.

nima55

Paladin of Traffic Law
Nov 14, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
This sounds like something Game Theory would come up with.
But, you know, presented less click-baity and obnoxious.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Not the first to think about that

That said, I really like Peach's face in the comic.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Grahav said:
Not the first to think about that

img
And other people have done this joke as well. I know I remember two at least, I just don't remember who did them. And outside webcomics "what if peach is actually a tyrant lol" is a really old joke.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
thundra said:
This why #istandwithbowser he is true ruler of mushroom kingdom
But he's not a mushroom either.

#IStandWithToadsworth

Look at this ************, and tell me he's not the rightful king.
#IStandWithYoshi They have cookies.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Revolutionary said:
Legitimately sounds like something someone on tumblr would actually think. For that reason I just couldn't find this funny, that's where we're at right now.
"...where we're at..."

You got a mouse in your pocket? ;p

OT: Yeah, Mario games are kind of more messed up than you'd think for a game aimed at kids, people who played it when they were kids, and adults that like childish glee. Then again, so is pokemon. <-<

Aren't all the blocks suppose to be mushroom people turned into stone? Meaning all those times you break them, you're actually destroying innocent civilians?

As for Peach, I heard she was like Mario. Someone from another would who came to the kingdom and like Mario and Luigi, had some special powers so they made her the ruler. Like how they made the brothers their heroes.

Though, given some of the official lore of the games, that may have been some poor choices on mushroom peoples part. :/

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
2HF said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Remember when you drew and wrote this comic and had total creative control to the point where you could strangle any and all change that had the nerve to even cross your mind? Good times.
I'm pretty sure she was being sarcastic. Mocking the people who commonly complain about there being politics in this comic.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
And to top it off, she recruits mercenaries from other worlds to maintain her rule over mushroom society.

Perhaps it's time to send a few UN peacekeepers down that pipe?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Oh man, I loved peach's expression. I'm going to picture her making that face every time someone taunts her in smash bros. I'm considering making that my avatar...

Putting the mushroom people in the question mark blocks makes it all the more creepy considering mario hits those and eats whatever comes out.

captcha: live long + prosper. Not if your a mushroom dissident, captcha.

vid87

May 17, 2010
VanQ said:
I remember reading a bunch of speculation somewhere that Peach is a mushroom as well. I can't remember where it was but it was so insane it sounded possible.
Considering there's the trend where the female of fantasy species is almost always a smoking hot humanoid, regardless of what the rest of the people look like, that kind've makes sense; it's stupid and ass-backwards as far as going out of the way to give the hero a "relatable" damsel, but it fits.

FenrinaFaerose

Sep 18, 2014
Imp Emissary said:
Aren't all the blocks suppose to be mushroom people turned into stone? Meaning all those times you break them, you're actually destroying innocent civilians?
I checked the manual, and I'm pretty sure it's referring to the ? blocks that can't be destroyed. That said, I don't think they're still using that explanation.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So Yahtzee was right about Peach and Bowser.
canadamus_prime said:
This sounds like something Game Theory would come up with.
They did. The last two episodes that were shown on the Escapist were about Mario being insane, and there's the one about Mario's possible Communist ties.
thundra said:
Andy Shandy said:
thundra said:
This why #istandwithbowser he is true ruler of mushroom kingdom
But he's not a mushroom either.

#IStandWithToadsworth

Look at this ************, and tell me he's not the rightful king.
I cannot argue with those mustache. They are truly magnificent. All hail Toadsworth.
ALL GLORY TO TOADSWORTH!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
2HF said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Remember when people contextually understood jokes instead of just responding with reactionary hostility?

I mean, even if you'd never been in the comments section of a Critical Miss comic before, even if you didn't read me rebuking an anti-Tumblr posters right below this, you probably did notice the comic was actually about a game, right?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I just wanna say that it really looks like Peach is channel Satsuki from kill la kill in this picture. Just that look of cold disgust.