Funniest message in a game.

Altio

Oct 18, 2008
There's a story behind this, not a long one. I was playing Insaniquarium and one of the alien messages popped up at the bottom at the screen, normally I don't pay attention because I can usually handle any alien of the moment. I happened to read the message this time and it said "Fourteen alien signatures detected" naturally I was thinking "Oh shi-" but then it read "Just kidding only 2". I had a little laugh about it and it got me thinking about some of the other funny messages Ive heard from games (Portal and most JRPGs are good about this). So that's how this thread was born.

Post any of your funny messages from any game, whether it's dialogue between characters, descriptions, errors, etc.

CargoHold

Sep 16, 2009
Psychonauts is full of quotable one-liners.
"That was the orphanage... For dogs! He crushed the puppy orphanage!"

And I just find Francis' whining in L4D entertaining.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
The "helpful" hints that some games give you when you die, during the loading screen, or in-game.
Case-in-point:
Be carful, Boomer bile attracts the horde. (Left 4 Dead)
You were killed by a grenade, look for the gren...YEAH, I KNOW! (any CoD game on Hardened or Veteren)
Next time, use an airstrike. (Mercenaries 2)
Press B to use the Chainsaw. (Gears of War 2)

May 28, 2009
The Mother series' quirky humour is the funniest you can find without it being badly translated. Lines from it wouldn't be funny unless placed in the proper context, by which I mean actually playing it. Do so, and find a new joy in your life.

My favourite was a quote after I died in Operation: Flashpoint. Normally the game has many witty and interesting quotes, a few of which CoD 4 used. This one tops them all:

"War is not nice." - Barbara Bush. It would be wouldn't it?

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
In Halo 3 when you flip over an elephant you get the text message "Press RB to flip...wait, what? how did you do that?"

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Hmmm.
I found several great one liners in Morrowind.
Can't quite recall them at the moment, but that's a good place to look for them.
lol

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Altio said:
Post any of your funny messages from any game, whether it's dialogue between characters, descriptions, errors, etc.
Daytona on the Sega Saturn. 2nd course. If you drive off the track, past the pit stop and into a tunnel there's a sign at the very end that reads 'Congratulations! You've just lost your sponsor'.

Altio

Oct 18, 2008
In Elder Scrolls: Oblivion there's one roaming character, something The Liar, he's a Kajhyt I think (the cat people) and he only says one thing each time you talk to him, but they are ridiculously hilarious.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
In Jet Set Radio Future when you fall off from a building in the skyscraper district, the DJ starts laughing at you through the radio.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Halo 2 has to be the master, Grunts started to sing "somethin in the way he moves, affects me like no other arbiter"
Had an Elite ask whether I did foot massages and a Marine walking around New Mombassa spotting how many Starbucks there were on the street

all madness

Jul 22, 2009
Halo 3's IWHBYD sayings are sometimes hilarious. Ive probably seen some others... the fallout 3 door that when opened was bricked up with "Fuck You" sprayed on was quite funny.

silent_spam

Sep 16, 2009
"whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has never encountered an automatic weapon" -CoD4

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
The "Playing on Easy, eh?" message from Earthworm Jim should you complete on Easy rather than the harder settings.

He punishes you by reading from an autocue "all about worms", where he looses the thread several times, can't pronounce things, and gets bored. Then he reads the credits.

Then he says

"MEANWHILE!!! IN THE HALL OF JUSTICE!!!! Superman, Batman, the Wonder Twins...they...they proclaim that it's the end!...

...'we're not kidding!'"