Funny events in anti-woke world

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Do you object to having to eat eat insects while the rich continue their lavish lifestyle, or do you object to eating insects in general too.

I'm assuming the former, but just asking. Cuz I've had some insect based foods a couple years ago. Tended to a bit dry and flavourless on it own. Mealworm crackers tasted kind of like blander krupuk/shrimp crackers. Not great, but otherwise perfectly edible.
Insects rely on vegetation anyway, so even them as a food source will only be temporary when all the crops fail.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
They can probably survive on farmers friends and lantana, which will likely be the only plant life in 50 years.
Pigs would also survive quite a while if we're willing to feed them the carcasses of everything else (humans included).

So goat and pig... Yeah, I can work with that.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The acknowledgement of non-binary, trans, and other genderqueer identities only requires one to believe that gender-- or 'social sex'-- is not inseparable from physical/birth sex. Within that are people who believe that gender is innate, but that it does not necessarily match with physical sex; but within that are also people who don't believe gender is innate, and still identify with one.
And which of these two options claims not providing a child with dolls is child abuse and tries to stop them from having puberty? You don't hold both those positions simultaneously.
Cultures for centuries have seen people socially as male/female despite them physically being the other sex. That is undeniably true.
That's not undeniably true. I deny it. There are cultures with social roles distinct from male and female. There have been individuals who have tried to act as the opposite sex, but the culture around them didn't grant them that knowingly.
This just shows a really poor grasp of medical chemistry.

Drugs are used for different things. That's really all there is to it. Reversible blockers are factually not castration.
They block the production of testosterone, down to "castrate levels", causing loss of libido and erectile disfunction. Those are the effects, regardless of why someone chooses to use them. I don't know what "medical chemistry" you think is going to change that.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
This is admitting truth is not the defining factor for you, semantic presentation is.
I am not omniscient. I have no power to guarantee truth in my arguments. I can argue for only things I believe to be true, and I do, but semantic presentation is something I have a lot more control over than truth.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And which of these two options claims not providing a child with dolls is child abuse and tries to stop them from having puberty? You don't hold both those positions simultaneously.
Rather than going directly for the smear, can you just address the substance of what I said?

It is not required that one believe gender is "innate" for one to acknowledge identification with gender separate from physical sex. Addressing the substance of that point has nothing to do with dolls or even puberty.

That's not undeniably true. I deny it. There are cultures with social roles distinct from male and female. There have been individuals who have tried to act as the opposite sex, but the culture around them didn't grant them that knowingly.
Deny it all you like, but this is frankly historically ignorant. Hijra are a legally recognised third gender. A Roman emperor insisted he be referred to as a lady, and even sought surgery. There are centuries-old poetic and prose accounts of people wishing they had the body of the opposite sex, because they felt like that's what they truly were.

You've dismissed the examples provided so far-- Indian, Samoan, and Polynesian third genders-- on a false notion that they were just "vocations". They factually were not. These people were not socially considered male or female, but a separate category, despite their physical body.

They block the production of testosterone, down to "castrate levels", causing loss of libido and erectile disfunction. Those are the effects, regardless of why someone chooses to use them. I don't know what "medical chemistry" you think is going to change that.
No-- they /can/ block it down to "castrate levels". They do not need to.

You know how steroids can be used for muscular/weight gain and can also be used to treat inflammation, as well as the same drugs being used for a dozen other ailments from minor to severe, right? It's about dosage and application.

Last edited:

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
You know how steroids can be used for muscular/weight gain and can also be used to treat inflammation, as well as the same drugs being used for a dozen other ailments from minor to severe, right? It's about dosage and application.
No matter the dosage or application, corticosteroids are terrible anabolic steroids. Sure, you're talking about a good general rule, but when talking about clinical effects one has to be sure what kind of steroid they are talking about.

On the topic as a whole, the reason I stick with being a big fan of cisheteronormativity is that I can't help but see its cultural enforcement as anything beyond practical. Like neuronormativity in a similar vein. All metaphysical "validity" can go to the trash for all I care. Besides, it's impossible to keep up with progressives unless you're one too.

From all that I reckon the gender abolitionist's wet dream is mostly true and a genderless society is possible if it's enforced, and it would be an easier time for the in-betweeners of today. It's just not sustainable, and thus impractical. The implementation alone would necessitate divine intervention.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
On the topic as a whole, the reason I stick with being a big fan of cisheteronormativity is that I can't help but see its cultural enforcement as anything beyond practical. Like neuronormativity in a similar vein. All metaphysical "validity" can go to the trash for all I care. Besides, it's impossible to keep up with progressives unless you're one too.

From all that I reckon the gender abolitionist's wet dream is mostly true and a genderless society is possible if it's enforced, and it would be an easier time for the in-betweeners of today. It's just not sustainable, and thus impractical. The implementation alone would necessitate divine intervention.
You are the "white moderate" who prefers the absence of tension to the presence of justice.

On the topic as a whole, the reason I stick with being a big fan of <segregation> is that I can't help but see its cultural enforcement as anything beyond practical. Like <banning interracial marriage> in a similar vein. All metaphysical "validity" can go to the trash for all I care. Besides, it's impossible to keep up with progressives unless you're one too.

From all that I reckon the <anti-segregationist's> wet dream is mostly true and a <racism>less society is possible if it's enforced, and it would be an easier time for the <black people> of today. It's just not sustainable, and thus impractical. The implementation alone would necessitate divine intervention.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"Practical" if your sole concern is maximising birthrate at all costs and you don't give a toss about quality of life, maybe.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Germany not wanting to be left out of all the fash coup funsies.

Hm, BBC or NYT article paste theft? 🤔

Among the 25 detained was a minor aristocrat called Heinrich XIII

IMAGE SOURCE,DPA PICTURE ALLIANCE
Among the 25 detained was a minor aristocrat called Heinrich XIII

Twenty-five people have been arrested in raids across Germany on suspicion of plotting to overthrow the government.

The group of far-right and ex-military figures are said to have prepared for a "Day X" to storm the Reichstag parliament building and seize power.

A man named as Heinrich XIII, from an old aristocratic family, is alleged to have been central to their plans.

According to federal prosecutors, he is one of two alleged ringleaders among those arrested across 11 German states.

The plotters are said to include members of the extremist Reichsbürger [Citizens of the Reich] movement, which has long been in the sights of German police over violent attacks and racist and antisemitic conspiracy theories.

They also refuse to recognise the modern German state.

Other suspects came from the QAnon movement who believe their country is in the hands of a mythical "deep state" involving secret powers pulling the political strings.

Interior Minister Nancy Faeser assured Germans that authorities would respond with the full force of the law "against the enemies of democracy".

The Reichsbürger group aren't new - they pre-date the pandemic. But this audacious plot indicates increased commitment - and radicalisation - which could go hand-in-hand with the growth of pandemic disinformation online.

The plot to kidnap the German health minister - masterminded by a gang linked to these people back in April - is the first indication this has strong ties with Covid-19 conspiracy movements.

Telegram groups related to "citizens of the Reich" show an interest in conspiracy theories suggesting Covid-19 and vaccines are part of sinister plots to control populations.

There's disinformation about the war in Ukraine - and posts too about QAnon, the sprawling US conspiracy theory that has links to the riots at Capitol Hill on January 6th.

They post in support of the Sovereign Citizens movements, which at its heart believes they are immune from government rules. Ultimately this group has co-opted a range of conspiracy beliefs that push the idea evil cabals are looking to control our lives - and they've got to overthrow them.

It might sound like a pretty outlandish plot to the average person, but it's emblematic of something important.

We've had warnings before about offline action linked to online disinformation and hate before - anti-vaccine violence and the riots at the Capitol in the US.

But this is a reminder that, even as the pandemic eases in some parts of the world, its conspiracy legacy remains - and can embolden little-known fringe groups to take action in the realworld.

2px presentational grey line

An estimated 50 men and women are said to have been part of the group, which allegedly plotted to overthrow the republic and replace it with a new state modelled on the Germany of 1871 - an empire called the Second Reich.

"We don't yet have a name for this group," said a spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor's office. The interior minister said it was apparently made up of an organisation "council" and a military arm.

Wednesday's dawn raids are being described as one of the biggest anti-extremism operations in modern German history.

Three thousand officers took part in 150 operations in 11 of Germany's 16 states, with two people arrested in Austria and Italy.

Almost half of arrests took place in southern states of Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria. More than one in five Reichsbürger are thought to be based in the south-western state of Baden-Württemberg alone.

Justice Minister Marco Buschmann tweeted that a suspected "armed attack on constitutional bodies was planned". Ms Faeser said later that the investigation would peer into the "abyss of a terrorist threat from the Reichsbürger scene".

line

Who are the Reichsbürger?
  • So-called Citizens of the Reich reject Germany's modern democracy and refuse to pay taxes
  • Once seen as harmless cranks, they are very active and pose a high level of danger, says BfV intelligence chief Thomas Haldenwang
  • Last year they numbered some 21,000, but they have since grown significantly
  • 10% are thought to be violent, and antisemitism and conspiracy theories are widespread
line

The federal prosecutor's office said the group had been plotting a violent coup since November 2021 and members of its central "Rat" (council) had since held regular meetings.

They had already established plans to rule Germany with departments covering health, justice and foreign affairs, the prosecutor said. Members understood they could only realise their goals by "military means and violence against state representatives", which included carrying out killings.

Investigators are thought to have got wind of the group when they uncovered a kidnap plot last April involving a gang who called themselves United Patriots.

They too were part of the Reichsbürger scene and had allegedly planned to abduct Health Minister Karl Lauterbach while also creating "civil war conditions" to bring about an end to Germany's democracy.

A former far-right AfD member of the lower house of parliament, the Bundestag, is suspected of being part of the plot, and of being lined up as the group's justice minister.

Birgit Malsack-Winkemann, who was among the 25 people arrested, returned to her role as judge last year and a court has since turned down attempts to dislodge her.

The suspected terrorist group uncovered today is - according to the current status of the inquiry -  driven by fantasies of violent overthrow and conspiracy ideologies, Source: Nancy Faeser, Source description: German Interior Minister, Image: Nancy Faeser

1px transparent line

A prominent lawyer was pencilled in to handle the group's foreign affairs, with 71-year-old Heinrich XIII as leader.

Public Prosecutor General Peter Frank said Heinrich was among the suspects whom investigating judges had asked to be held in custody.

Heinrich XIII styles himself as a prince and comes from an old noble family known as the House of Reuss, which ruled over parts of the modern eastern state of Thuringia until 1918.

Descendants still own a few castles and Heinrich himself is said to have a hunting lodge at Bad Lobenstein in Thuringia.

The rest of the family have long distanced themselves from the minor aristocrat, with one spokesman telling local broadcaster MDR during the summer that Heinrich was an "at times confused" man who had fallen for "misconceptions fuelled by conspiracy theories".

As well as a shadow government, the plotters allegedly had plans for a military arm run by a second ringleader identified as Rüdiger von P.

They were made up of active and former members of the military, officials believe, and included ex-elite soldiers from special units. The aim of the military arm was to eliminate democratic bodies at local level, prosecutors said.

Rüdiger von P is suspected of trying to recruit police officers in northern Germany and of having an eye on army barracks too. Bases in the states of Hesse, Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria were all inspected for possible use after the government was overthrown, officials said.

One of those under investigation had been a member of the Special Commando Forces, and police searched his home and his room at the Graf-Zeppelin military base in Calw, south-west of Stuttgart.

Another suspect has been identified as Vitalia B, a Russian woman who was asked to approach Moscow on Heinrich's behalf. The Russian embassy in Berlin said in a statement that it did not "maintain contacts with representatives of terrorist groups and other illegal entities".

Several violent attacks have been linked to Germany's far-right in recent years. In 2020, a 43-year-old man shot dead nine people of foreign origin in the western town of Hanau, and a Reichsbürger member was jailed for killing a policeman in 2016.

The Reichsbürger movement is estimated to have as many as 21,000 followers, of whom around 5% are considered to belong to the extreme right.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

See, this statement is incomprehensible to me. Like, literally nobody is saying cis people aren't, like, a majority or are abnormal in some way, they just want people who aren't cis to stop being pressured into being cis

Why and how would you enforce otherwise?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
"Practical" if your sole concern is maximising birthrate at all costs and you don't give a toss about quality of life, maybe.
Most things that bring birthrate down are good things (contraceptives, education, freedom, career opportunity). The zeitgeist has unfortunately become more 'childfree' recently, and it even hurts women that want more kids, because their best years are spent doing other things that they're pretty much expected to these days. The only way to keep paying for all of the good is immigration. Integrating them into our secular and socially liberal society is difficult.

Anyway, giving neuropsychiatric coaching to kids on the spectrum improves their quality of life because they fit in much better. Nowadays we even have a new condition joining autism, ADHD and Tourette's: alexithymia. People will eventually figure out neuropsychiatric coaching/therapy for alexithymia and there will be people opposed to it just like some "autistic identity" types do now. When that is done, and the kids going through it are still in the identities, correcting their feelings on the matter becomes conversion therapy and not helpful, demonstrably bad even. So there is practical and quality of life. I'll even say injustice is done if we leave neuropsychiatry uncontrolled and transition a bunch of false positives, first reversibly and then full on, because all things considered they'd still be better off being in their own functional bodies (y'know, cis or some neogender that doesn't require treatment). This isn't reality just yet, but when it is, cisnormativity can relax.

Why and how would you enforce otherwise?
Cisnormativity pressures everyone to be cis. I dunno if there exists any "essence" to gender, and it's just a byproduct in emerging societies as they got more complex. Many things are heavily gendered for no good reason anymore. On the one hand, society is becoming more and more gender neutral, but on the other hand there is exacerbation of gendered expectations that benefits the top cats and dogs while many men and women fail to meet the standard. Maybe there is a way to get the heights of being a successful man or woman without it being tied to gender. Sexual dimorphism exists and brings about some fundamental differences, yet I reckon it's not an essence of too many things.

How? I dunno. I predict it gets worse, actually. Less equal and so on. Sure, "trans kids" can be dealt with if the stars align, but it's marginal in the big picture.

And personally I want and desire the cool cisheteronormative stuff, but they've been out of reach, and probably stay that way, yet I'm incapable of quitting the pursuit. I'm not giving into a loser's mindset. Kinda pathetic, but I don't have the balls to do something like my cousin, who dated and moved in with an ugly cleaning woman 16 years his elder. Makes me sick. uh, sorry for rambling

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Cisnormativity pressures everyone to be cis. I dunno if there exists any "essence" to gender, and it's just a byproduct in emerging societies as they got more complex. Many things are heavily gendered for no good reason anymore. On the one hand, society is becoming more and more gender neutral, but on the other hand there is exacerbation of gendered expectations that benefits the top cats and dogs while many men and women fail to meet the standard. Maybe there is a way to get the heights of being a successful man or woman without it being tied to gender. Sexual dimorphism exists and brings about some fundamental differences, yet I reckon it's not an essence of too many things.

How? I dunno. I predict it gets worse, actually. Less equal and so on. Sure, "trans kids" can be dealt with if the stars align, but it's marginal in the big picture.

And personally I want and desire the cool cisheteronormative stuff, but they've been out of reach, and probably stay that way, yet I'm incapable of quitting the pursuit. I'm not giving into a loser's mindset. Kinda pathetic, but I don't have the balls to do something like my cousin, who dated and moved in with an ugly cleaning woman 16 years his elder. Makes me sick. uh, sorry for rambling
I mean, you're attracted to who you're attracted to, I'm just wondering why you want to pressure other people to act is a cisnormative way? Like, what's the upside?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Cancel culture is when libraries won't let you use their space for free to promote your book for sale

Reactions: BrawlMan