Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Nooo, not our best boy Zachary! He was doing so well at blending in with the right-wing conspiracy events without getting labeled and ejected as an "antifa spy" 😔

Remember when Brett Kavanagh threatened to go after everyone went after him.

Threats are just empty

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
What reason would BeerMan have to go after anyone anymore? He got his seat.🤷‍♂️
There was never a reason. He was just pretending to be tough. That was the point

Strong man philosophy means you have to imagine threats and just throw out threats randomly

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So.. not anti-woke but...

Sovcit. While I understand the circumstances that is stupid with the government and his baby, his response is stupider

I would normally laugh but the government is clearly doing something stupid here too

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
There was never a reason. He was just pretending to be tough. That was the point

Strong man philosophy means you have to imagine threats and just throw out threats randomly
Oddly enough there could be a reason, defamation.

The reason he hasn't sued them now because he got the seat is because US law round defamation requires proof of damages. Him not getting the seat and presumably money that comes with it would be damages you could show. As is there's now damages as such that can be shown thus the case wouldn't be worth bringing as it would fail.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oddly enough there could be a reason, defamation.

The reason he hasn't sued them now because he got the seat is because US law round defamation requires proof of damages. Him not getting the seat and presumably money that comes with it would be damages you could show. As is there's now damages as such that can be shown thus the case wouldn't be worth bringing as it would fail.
No one lied. They told their version of events

It's would never be defamation

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Bret Weinstien says him asking for someone to be fired for something insignificant is not actually cancelling

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Well, there goes that aspect of cancel culture.

I guess cancel culture is just being rude on twitter now

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Nooo, not our best boy Zachary! He was doing so well at blending in with the right-wing conspiracy events without getting labeled and ejected as an "antifa spy" 😔
While we're here, can we talk about how low key creepy it is that a company which makes voting machines is called Dominion.

Bret Weinstien says him asking for someone to be fired for something insignificant is not actually cancelling
Imagine my shock..

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well, there goes that aspect of cancel culture.

I guess cancel culture is just being rude on twitter now
Or, and hear me out because this might sound weird, cancel culture is...
only possibly done by the left. As stated by many right wingers, particularly the IDW. It's definition rapidly changes based on their needs alone

I know, what a shock

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Remember when Brett Kavanagh threatened to go after everyone went after him.

Threats are just empty
Definitely yeah. While there's little to no chance of Lindell succeeding even if he does try to carry through with the threat, his fans and other such loyal believers are still a worrying bunch of delusional chudoids groomed consistently with violent black-or-white, good-or-evil rhetoric, so while legally safe, the added spotlight made by Lindell does cause concern for physical and mental safety.

While we're here, can we talk about how low key creepy it is that a company which makes voting machines is called Dominion.
That is an unnecessarily ominous label for sure. Though in comparison to anything brandishing names with words like "liberty" "freedom" "truth" "justice" "law and order" etc etc, it's positively heartwarming.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No one lied. They told their version of events

It's would never be defamation
Well if it could be shown like by I don't know therapists notes that said person was doing it out of Malice not merely telling "Their version of events" then it would be defamation. The whole people own truths doesn't actually work in the face of a reality that is incompatible with their claims to such a degree.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
That is an unnecessarily ominous label for sure.
I mean, more in the sense that Dominionism is an US evangelical political movement aimed at overthrowing the separation of church and state and turning the US into a Christian theocracy.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I mean, more in the sense that Dominionism is an US evangelical political movement aimed at overthrowing the separation of church and state and turning the US into a Christian theocracy.
Oh yeah, forgot about them lot, the fuzzle brain has failed to make the required connections yet again! 😳

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That is an unnecessarily ominous label for sure. Though in comparison to anything brandishing names with words like "liberty" "freedom" "truth" "justice" "law and order" etc etc, it's positively heartwarming.
Could be worse. A voting app for the 2020 Iowa Democratic caucus was developed by a company named Shadow Inc. Now there's a name you can trust, innit?

Also, company was backed by a shadowy (sic) group called Acronym. That sounds straight up James Bond shit, that is.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Could be worse. A voting app for the 2020 Iowa Democratic caucus was developed by a company named Shadow Inc. Now there's a name you can trust, innit?

Also, company was backed by a shadowy (sic) group called Acronym. That sounds straight up James Bond shit, that is.
Get Smart rather.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

The thread's gone into meltdown over a single line.

This could just as easily belong in Woke world as well, but, well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Well if it could be shown like by I don't know therapists notes that said person was doing it out of Malice not merely telling "Their version of events" then it would be defamation. The whole people own truths doesn't actually work in the face of a reality that is incompatible with their claims to such a degree.
Do you have a legal precedent to cite for this? Can you cite a case where defamation damages were awarded on this basis?