Funny events in anti-woke world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Homeschooled Montanan state senator wants to stop the teaching of anything that isn't Scientific Fact.
The bill from the Great Falls Republican seeks to create a new portion of law that states that all science education “may not include subject matter that is not scientific fact.” It would also have school boards review all science materials to be sure they only use “scientific fact” in a “strictly enforced and narrowly interpreted” fashion.

Further, starting in July 2025, it would allow parents to appeal a board’s alleged “lack of compliance” to a county superintendent and the superintendent of the Office of Public Instruction.

However, teachers and students said his bill was little more than a threat to public education and the STEM – or science, technology, engineering and math – community, as well as a poor measure to consider when Montana is trying to recruit more teachers, not lose them.

Most of the hearing centered on educators, students and public education officials telling Emrich that his bill’s interpretation of what a “scientific fact” is – “an indisputable and repeatable observation of a natural phenomenon,” as it states – was not how the scientific community judges theory and fact.
So, you know, just kinda outlawing the teaching of, say, basically everything modern society relies on

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Driving the wrong way in a parking lot, milliseconds from disaster

Seriously, how is that any less stressful or dangerous than just being in control?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Homeschooled Montanan state senator wants to stop the teaching of anything that isn't Scientific Fact.

So, you know, just kinda outlawing the teaching of, say, basically everything modern society relies on
Montana apparently wants to be a 4th world country?

Actually, I should ask if this has any real support or just this chucklefuck?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Seriously, how is that any less stressful or dangerous than just being in control?
See, I can understand wanting a robot car for long distances because those are tiring and uneventful as a rule, but having to sit there as you go round a car park, ready to grab the wheel, is so much worse than just holding the bastard wheel!

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Here's my issue with robot cars - think how fucking terrible the average driver is... right? robot cars are at least a decade away from even reaching that level.
People should need regular relicensing for driving. I passed my test in 1998 (I think). I don't need to relicense until 2051! And AFAIK I just need to tell them I can still drive.

Honestly, just bring back horses, or maybe just don't go anywhere. Robot horses?

Reactions: Dalisclock

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
See, I can understand wanting a robot car for long distances because those are tiring and uneventful as a rule, but having to sit there as you go round a car park, ready to grab the wheel, is so much worse than just holding the bastard wheel!
Why should I expend a tiny bit of effort and keep people safe when I can expend absolutely no effort and risk the lives of all around me?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Why should I expend a tiny bit of effort and keep people safe when I can expend absolutely no effort and risk the lives of all around me?
But it really seems like more effort! Having to be constantly alert (okay, they're supposed to be constantly alert) is so much harder when you aren't actually engaged in the activity surely?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Montana apparently wants to be a 4th world country?

Actually, I should ask if this has any real support or just this chucklefuck?
I mean, it's support was one dude who lives in Korea and claims to have a degree while it was blasted by a wide variety of Montanan children, parents, teachers and experts, but that's basically all of our anti-trans and anti-abortion bills too and we have a conservative super-majority, so ask me again in a month

Reactions: Dalisclock