Funny events in anti-woke world

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I looked at the thing again, Christ for all we know its something he Frankenstiened together out of drastically different looking but mechanically compatible parts to fit his definition of cool. Either way, its at the least a semi automatic rifle, with a magazine capacity between 20 and 30.
At a guess I'd say it was a heavily customised AR-15 (or AR-15 copy) because the aftermarket parts industry for AR-15s is fucking mindboggling and leans heavily towards tacticool.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The stock looks to be from an AR, but then because the aftermarket parts industry is so big, other guns are often made to be compatible. Also not a bad idea if people are worried about getting some proprietory part that's only made by a small company that could go under.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
For all this image analysis, if I saw some rando carrying a rifle on a suburban street you wouldn't see me for dust. Fuck trying to discern exactly what type of longarm he was carrying, let the cops deal with that shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
For all this image analysis, if I saw some rando carrying a rifle on a suburban street you wouldn't see me for dust. Fuck trying to discern exactly what type of longarm he was carrying, let the cops deal with that shit.
Absolutely. Though, in this case he was there every day for weeks and the police (naturally) didn't do anything in that time, and he's positioned himself where people have to be, to maximise his effect. In most cases of this sort of thing I've seen, they usually lose interest faster, though I've not analysed the issue in depth.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at 900 miles an hour.
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
The sun that is the source of all our power.
Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at 40, 000 miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at 900 miles an hour.
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
The sun that is the source of all our power.
Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at 40, 000 miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.
The crushing weight of despair it gives me to know that this is someone in power and there are millions that agree....

Time to get a heroin habit I think.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I hate both groups.

1684715619770.png

For anyone who doesn't know anything about statistics this means both groups(Gen X, and Millennials) are turning more republican as they age staying true to the age of adage of fuck you got mine.

Seflish douches.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Is it still expensive or has the price come down?
There are plenty of alternatives. There are a whole host of other opioids that will give you a buzz, although they tend not to have the same intense high. Given it's fat solubility I reckon fentanyl should be able to give a heroin-like high, and that's possibly why it's so popular.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There are plenty of alternatives. There are a whole host of other opioids that will give you a buzz, although they tend not to have the same intense high. Given it's fat solubility I reckon fentanyl should be able to give a heroin-like high, and that's possibly why it's so popular.
Ah, but you overdose on fentanyl just from touching it. Or at least police officers seem to, hilariously frail as they are when they want to be.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Ah, but you overdose on fentanyl just from touching it. Or at least police officers seem to, hilariously frail as they are when they want to be.
Fentanyl and diamorphine (heroin) access the brain very quickly, so they have somewhat higher OD risk than other opioids inherently.

There's also a second problem. Fentanyl is extraordinarily potent. Heroin (diamorphine) is about 3-4 times more potent than morphine, and fentanyl is about 100 times more potent than morphine. That not a big deal for medicine: you just get a dose of ~1/3rd as much diamorphine and 1/100th as much fentanyl as you would morphine. Simples. But medicine arrives in very carefully prepared and accurate doses. Illegal drugs from unregulated suppliers don't, and the more potent something is, the more likely that it that poor production standards mean it is much stronger (or weaker) than intended. A user gets a batch of illegal fentanyl or heroin that turns out to be stronger than they think...

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Fentanyl and diamorphine (heroin) access the brain very quickly, so they have somewhat higher OD risk than other opioids inherently.

There's also a second problem. Fentanyl is extraordinarily potent. Heroin (diamorphine) is about 3-4 times more potent than morphine, and fentanyl is about 100 times more potent than morphine. That not a big deal for medicine: you just get a dose of ~1/3rd as much diamorphine and 1/100th as much fentanyl as you would morphine. Simples. But medicine arrives in very carefully prepared and accurate doses. Illegal drugs from unregulated suppliers don't, and the more potent something is, the more likely that it that poor production standards mean it is much stronger (or weaker) than intended. A user gets a batch of illegal fentanyl or heroin that turns out to be stronger than they think...
I believe the point being made is that the police officers claiming to have experienced fentanyl overdoses by merely touching money they claim was laced with have been thoroughly debunked by chemists who work with the substance regularly. Nonetheless, if you got any spare on you...

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I believe the point being made is that the police officers claiming to have experienced fentanyl overdoses by merely touching money they claim was laced with have been thoroughly debunked by chemists who work with the substance regularly. Nonetheless, if you got any spare on you...
It's not fair to expect police to actually know what an overdose looks like. They're not obligated to. One of many duties you'd think they have, but don't. Like knowing the law.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Well, it comes as a liquid and is relatively easily absorbed through the skin (for a drug) - that's why it's popular in transdermal patches - so I wouldn't take a bath in it. But holy shit, I have no idea what you can have been doing to OD on it by touch. Unless, maybe, you did take a bath in it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Well, it comes as a liquid and is relatively easily absorbed through the skin (for a drug) - that's why it's popular in transdermal patches - so I wouldn't take a bath in it. But holy shit, I have no idea what you can have been doing to OD on it by touch. Unless, maybe, you did take a bath in it.
Nah, multiple police claiming they OD'd from brief contact with trace amounts of fentanyl, as per XsjadoBlayde. I've seen bodycam footage of one of these ODs. Didn't look anything like an opioid overdose. What it did look entirely like, however, was a panic attack. Which makes me wonder if these cases aren't police falling victim to their own scare tactics. Either that, or they are pretending for the purpose of a scare tactic.