Funny events in anti-woke world

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Man can we take a moment to appreciate that the right has to pretend that Kevin Sorbo (greatest achievement starring in a show with a better spin off), Jim Caviezel (The Slovakian/Irish Christ) Scott Baio (borderline irrelevant for 40 years) and Dean Cain (literally nobody's favourite Superman) are talented. And they have to listen to Kid Rock. No wonder these are the samw people who think AI is going to replace artists. Everything they like is the artistic equivalent of eating out and only ever ordering the "chicken fingies".

I'd argue that Jim Caviezel was pretty good in Person of Interest, though I'd also say that other actors on the show did way better.

Reactions: thebobmaster

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I'd argue that Jim Caviezel was pretty good in Person of Interest, though I'd also say that other actors on the show did way better.
That was the show that introduced me to Michael Emerson, who I have loved in literally every one of his roles that I've seen.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
ppl on show sets be saying the show succeeded in spite of having to move heaven and earth to get Jim Caviezel appearing competent, let alone normal on screen

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
While Im not saying they didn't care before, it sure seems convenient that Conservatives were obsessed with fighting weed legality and it was the number one issue and going to destroy our children..then polls and a bunch of states turn against them and now Conservatives are obsessed with fighting gender affirming care legality and it is the number one issue and going to destroy our children.

Genuinely curious what the next thing is that is going to be the number one issue and going to destroy our children.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

This is not going to go away or settle down in politics, even remember predicting long ago that as scientific research grows - understanding expands - political platforms dependant on outdated assumptions, prejudices and scapegoats are either going to have to take a hit to their pride and change with the data or delve further into more intense denials of reality: aka the welcoming embrace of conspiratorial thinking and the communities who nurture them. A simplification of course, but is becoming a problem cause too mamy ppl think ignoring it will make it all eventually bugger off.
I cannot wait for globes to be banned from school

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Might be a useful look into the conservative mind:
Jan said that they first got into the fast-food industry to try and generate more jobs in Montana, and that the business decision first came after her husband Denny had finished his last term as a Montana congressman in 2013.

"We wanted to kind of finish out and be home and doing something together while providing something for the community," Jan said.
Running a half dozen fast food franchises paying below average wages is "providing something for the community"

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Might be a useful look into the conservative mind:
Running a half dozen fast food franchises paying below average wages is "providing something for the community"
Also as activities go for what I assume are your retirement years together, running a business as time consuming as food and service industry seems like a poor choice.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Ag3ma

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I cannot wait for globes to be banned from school
This is starting to sound like the origin story of a Z-tier Batman villain: The Flattener! Harbouring spherical trauma, a relentless hatred for all globes since childhood - over years start to build a cult of goons dressed in blinding white flowing robes and plague doctor masks, each carrying 2 separate halves of an Earth globe which they use to enact their single unwavering goal...to flatten all spheres! And, you know, heads are also kinda like spheres when you're crazy and looking through plague masks too.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
More crazies winning official representation.

Lol! Doctorates of theology is favourite running joke. Always enquire when anyone claims doctorhood in suspicious contexts, like say, certain anti-vaxx grifters, and there's a reasonable chance it'll turn out to be theology.