Funny events in anti-woke world

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Just think what they could have done if they'd set their mind to doing good, instead of presumably telling themselves that's what they are doing.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So the line of logic is clear: having sex outside the Catholic conception of marriage is apparently "animalistic".
You're talking about the same mindset which claimed that legalizing gay marriage was a slippery slope to legalizing bestiality. (Because gay people are less than human, you see.)

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

She challenges one school book a week. She says she’ll never stop.
The majority of all school book challenges in the 2021-2022 school year came from just 11 people. Meet Jennifer Petersen.
The dual claims of "she hated reading as a kid" and "none of this was in books when I was a kid" are fucking wild. Like, all of this shit is in Shakespeare...if you pay attention and parse old English.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Interesting discussion about the Tim Ballard type beliefs of modern rightwing LDS groups like that victims of sex trafficking (though they use "child" in their rhetoric for emotionally manipulative marketing tactics, all ages of sex trafficking victims are equally in need of support, and trafficked just the same anyway) can only be saved through subsuming them into the Mormon covenant instead of, you know, changing material conditions, focused therapy and strong non-judgemental support networks. Also what was that about believing indigenous Americans aren't the true original inhabitants of the land??

Is suitable for just audio listening podcast style also if important shits gotta get done.

Jesus, get this woman to a Hobbycraft or something, there's got to be more to life than this.
She needs something like state-mandated videogames to keep her thug behaviour off the streets.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan and Baffle

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I try not to give click baiters and fake outragers any attention, but I am glad Sistah Punk called out those assholes' bullshit. Considering the great reception Castlevania Nocturne is already getting, I am glad these idiots/"fans" have been drowned out and most actual sensible people are enjoying a great show for what it is.

Reactions: Kwak and Hades

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
There is a hell of a lot of shit not explicitly mentioned in the Bible.
Yes, it's missing almost an entire world's worth of culture, history and insights to fragile existence developed by other groups of people, and therefore tolerance and appreciation for all that is 'other'.
Societies need exposure to alien stuff, that's how they grow and mature.
(well, the respectful type of exposure, not "let's enslave the natives and mine their lands and force capitalism on them" type of exposure)

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentPony

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Except all I said people would do was... have sex outside of the narrow Catholic conception of marriage. And you said in response I was treating them like "animals".
Right, because you said it was unrealistic for people to act different than their "basic biological urges".

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It is undeniable that the responses of numerous governments - including the USA - were reluctant or slow to deal with the AIDS epidemic, and this was due to prejudice against homosexuality. If Reagan wasn't homophobic himself, he was catering to the homophobia of major elements of their voters. This is attested beyond reasonable doubt. Similar attitudes and issues existed in the UK, except with the key exception that her Health Secretary at the time took AIDS seriously and got important work done despite the opposition.

Whether you like it or not, homophobia and other sexual moralising resulted in a shocking and disgusting public health policy failure that contributed heavily to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.
I'm pretty sure by the logic here, Batman is responsible for every AIDS death. Batman didn't do anything to stop those deaths.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Right, because you said it was unrealistic for people to act different than their "basic biological urges".
Sex is one of the most basic biological urges there is.

I'm pretty sure by the logic here, Batman is responsible for every AIDS death. Batman didn't do anything to stop those deaths.
You consider the government's level of responsibility for dealing with a public health crisis to be no greater than the responsibility held by a single private citizen? How incredibly bizarre.

Reactions: Hades and BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Sex is one of the most basic biological urges there is.
You, as a person, can choose to act contrary to your biology.
You consider the government's level of responsibility for dealing with a public health crisis to be no greater than the responsibility held by a single private citizen? How incredibly bizarre.
A single, fictional private citizen, thank you very much.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You, as a person, can choose to act contrary to your biology.
I can indeed. I can choose to suppress perfectly natural urges, to eat and sleep and mate and seek shelter. I can choose to live a pointlessly celibate, puritan life, and eat only unprocessed grains and seeds, if I want. I don't, because I don't want to live a life of self-repression, but you're right that I could make that choice.

But expecting people to do so? Expecting it of millions upon millions of people? That's unrealistic, yes, to a ludicrous extreme. And as public health policy its just a non-starter.

A single, fictional private citizen, thank you very much.
And here I was, thinking we elect governments in order to use their mandate & tax money to protect society and act in ways that are communally beneficial. Silly me!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Donald Trump has been highly vocal in attacking Arthur Engoron, the judge presiding in his fraud trial. Has called him a "Democrat operative", "should be disbarred", "interfered in an election" etc.

...so it's more than a little odd that Trump's legal team did not submit a request for damages to be decided by jury. It was an option available to them, in the form of a routine form. His legal team didn't do so, meaning the damages will now be decided by... Arthur Engoron.

Several commentators have suggested it was incompetent oversight on the part of the legal team. I would've thought that was unfeasible a few years ago in a trial concerning a former President, but this is the man that hired Sidney Powell.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Donald Trump has been highly vocal in attacking Arthur Engoron, the judge presiding in his fraud trial. Has called him a "Democrat operative", "should be disbarred", "interfered in an election" etc.

...so it's more than a little odd that Trump's legal team did not submit a request for damages to be decided by jury. It was an option available to them, in the form of a routine form. His legal team didn't do so, meaning the damages will now be decided by... Arthur Engoron.
Trump is obviously scared, otherwise he wouldn't be so vocal and adamant about it.

His legal team knows they got nothing. So they are not going to even bother. I consider that a good thing.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Is that not straight contempt of court?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Several commentators have suggested it was incompetent oversight on the part of the legal team. I would've thought that was unfeasible a few years ago in a trial concerning a former President, but this is the man that hired Sidney Powell.
My thought is that you typically do this kind of thing only when you believe that a jury would absolutely soak you. Judges tend to be more reserved in deciding damages.

Is that not straight contempt of court?
It's contempt for the court, but "contempt of court" generally only applies if you don't comply with some direct order or ruling, or break rules or customs.