Funny events in anti-woke world

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
View attachment 10149

Yes, not wanting scantily clad women in games or simply not caring they aren't there is tantamount to supporting the Taliban.
Has a game ever been advertised heavily on the strength of its male nudity to attract women or gay men? Like I know bodice ripper novels kind of do it but I can’t remember a single game that’s ever done something like that Dead or Alive 2 advert where everyone was hypnotised by the jiggling tits of its female fighters, but with the dongs of male fighters.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Has a game ever been advertised heavily on the strength of its male nudity to attract women or gay men? Like I know bodice ripper novels kind of do it but I can’t remember a single game that’s ever done something like that Dead or Alive 2 advert where everyone was hypnotised by the jiggling tits of its female fighters, but with the dongs of male fighters.
If such a game existed, it would either never be released or be have the male fan service toned down due to backlash from the same people who feel entitled to more jiggling breasts. Like what happened with Wol from Mobius Final Fantasy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Why are terrorists in London, Paris or Vienna the problem of the US President? Last I looked all three of those countries had their own governments and security apparatus for dealing with terrorism.
Cuz America is world police, and the Dems are weak so the brown people can now run roughshod, which they wouldn't dare under Trump. Trump stronk, give Muricah huge peepee.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Why are terrorists in London, Paris or Vienna the problem of the US President? Last I looked all three of those countries had their own governments and security apparatus for dealing with terrorism.
Well, Vienna is in a nation with no nuclear weapons...Biden could make it his problem.

Though it's true, you wouldn't want to go to London nowdays, but that's not Biden's fault.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Yes, not wanting scantily clad women in games or simply not caring they aren't there is tantamount to supporting the Taliban.
It's a good comparison; you just don't see it because your frame of reference is too narrow.

It's the same phenomenon hitting practically all forms of media, and has been for a decade: gaming, sci-fi/fantasy art, music, film and television, online content, and yes, sex work online and offline. And, it's the same ideologies and organizations, often the same actors, behind it: sex-negative, third-wave, typically white liberal, radical feminists. The only difference is while they appropriate the language and methods of feminism (as a whole), gender equity, and personal liberty to push a toxic and regressive agenda, they just don't believe doing so makes an invisible sky wizard happy. And, they're more than happy to ally with religious fundamentalists and the far-right to achieve this agenda.

They may not be the American Taliban, but they're more than happy to work with the American Taliban, knowing full well they're the American Taliban, to achieve desired goals. That makes them at best complicit in furthering the right-wing extremist agenda they claim to oppose. If you want examples of this very phenomenon, look no further than the sex-negative radical feminist support for both Exodus Cry and NCOSE -- both far-right, anti-sex work, conservative Christian organizations masquerading as feminist organizations, when those very supporters know damn well who and what those groups really are.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's funny how jackasses like that go on about how diversity doesn't matter or it's "only being done the wrong way by too many people/corporations" (all of a sudden it matters when they're failing), because white guys and gals complaining aren't being catered to as much anymore. Get over yourselves. There are different genders, religions, and races that exist in America and throughout the world. It ain't always about you nor are you always special for it.

I'm glad there are kids and teen shows that have diversity or characters that are non-white or female as main characters. It shows that people have a right to exist and that they matter just as much as anybody else. It's funny, because these kids shows have been getting it right. Doesn't matter if they're on disney, netflix, or nickelodeon. Most of them having getting this right or have been getting great reception on the critical and audience side because of it it helps when you have good writing and those writers are people of color or women. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I am proud. The jackasses that have a problem with these shows or people who are too far nostalgic line or just want the same thing over and over again for the shallows reasons, and have another insecure mentality of "my childhood a child of the cartoons are better than whatever comes out now!. A good example from this dethroning moment of suck:

Diversifying Diversity
NoonboryKedabory: Why did I come back? Why did I waste valuable moments of my life watching this disgusting video? This is one of the most insulting slaps in the face I have ever heard. It's so disingenuous and lazy. It just feels like a dragged-out "hur dur old cartoons good new cartoons bad" rant. Ignoring the fantastic new representation in our modern-day animationnote and limiting it down to nothing but "media bad consume product"...you know that this is happening because actual marginalized people have voices in the industry now, right? We were given The Owl House because of a woman, Dana Terrace. We were given Turning Red because of an Asian woman, Domee Shi. We were given Ada Twist, Scientist because of a Black woman, Michelle Obama (yes, that Michelle Obama). We have a voice now, and we are going to be loud, because we were forced to be quiet for so long. Even if its not the creator, it's the research and the care that media like Encanto, Hero Elementary, and Blue's Clues & You! gives to us. We are entering an age where more and more people see themselves in the cartoons they love, and that is one of the best feelings in the world. And if Enter can't accept that the world isn't quite the same anymore, then I don't care if he gets left behind. I'll gladly take hands with Mei and Mirabel, and walk towards this light with a smile on my face, for myself, and for everyone who is finally seeing themselves in media like they deserve to.
How Mr. Enter got so many subscribers to begin with is beyond me. Good thing he's been bleeding them now.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's funny how jackasses like that go on about how diversity doesn't matter or it's "only being done the wrong way by too many people/corporations" (all of a sudden it matters when they're failing), because because a white guys and gals complaining are being catered to as much anymore. Get over yourselves. There are different genders, religions, and races that exist in America and throughout the world. It ain't always value or are you special for it.
At best, they're saying "why should anything exist that has no value to me?". At worst, they're saying "Why should anyone exist if they're not just like me?".

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I mean, they get super mad when the Link/Samus is trans memes crop up every few months
I admit freely "Samus is trans" irks the shit out of me, but because of two things:

1. The whole thing is based off a shit-tier, largely incorrect, weeb translation of an article published in the '90s. And regardless which connotation one interprets from the Japanglish quasi-loanword in question, it's a fairly bigoted slur. The degree of difference is whether it's a racial or transphobic slur.

2. But purely for the sake of argument, let's just go with the (wrong) idea whatever moron weeb crapped this "translation" onto the internet and kickstarted this whole shitshow somehow, accidentally, got it right. If so, Samus would actually be a trans man -- not a trans woman, a trans MAN. Which in and of itself represents yet another in a exhaustively long list of instances in which trans men have been erased by trans rights activists and current-year pop culture "feminists".

Even when they get it "right", they still get it wrong.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I admit freely "Samus is trans" irks the shit out of me, but because of two things:

1. The whole thing is based off a shit-tier, largely incorrect, weeb translation of an article published in the '90s. And regardless which connotation one interprets from the Japanglish quasi-loanword in question, it's a fairly bigoted slur. The degree of difference is whether it's a racial or transphobic slur.

2. But purely for the sake of argument, let's just go with the (wrong) idea whatever moron weeb crapped this "translation" onto the internet and kickstarted this whole shitshow somehow, accidentally, got it right. If so, Samus would actually be a trans man -- not a trans woman, a trans MAN. Which in and of itself represents yet another in a exhaustively long list of instances in which trans men have been erased by trans rights activists and current-year pop culture "feminists".

Even when they get it "right", they still get it wrong.
I mean, I'm pretty sure it was mostly based on the NES instruction manuals referring to Samus as a guy to not ruin the surprise.

But really, it's just not that serious. Hell, it's pretty ironclad that she's trans racial if nothing else