Funny events in anti-woke world

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
You overreact to pretty much everything, which is exactly the inspiration for "bloodless if the left allows it to be", since you act like insane people calling for blood at every current event. Maybe stop being like that.

Calling it a "Second American Revolution" is pretty tasteless, but it's obviously a poor attempt at a 4th of July themed soundbite, not a declaration of the overthrow of government.
It's a statement designed to be interpreted one of two ways, depending on your political alignment. Either as "we're going to do this peacefully unless the left turns violent" or as "give us everything we want without issue or there will be blood". That's the whole point, to be a direct threat while also being plausibly deniable.

How many times have you seen police put up nooses and chant for someone to be hung?

You've got nothing and you know it. Sit down and shut up.
He's not wrong about the second and last photos though - those are exactly the kind of thing that for another protest would be posted as examples of police violence.

Kinda like how I can honestly say that over 90% of Jan 6 election protest events were nonviolent, and a majority of Jan 6 protest events in DC were nonviolent. Not because I think the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol was nonviolent, but because I'm abusing the same measure in the same fashion that it's usually used to defend certain other groups.

No no NO! Don't you people get it! They never said ''Hang Mike Pence!''

They said ''Hang OUT WITH Mike Pence!''. They were just big fans who wanted to hang out with him.
They also weren't going to actually hang him from those gallows, they probably wouldn't handle the weight. They'd have to either find a tree and a stool or just shoot him.

That just makes me curious what they initially arrested him for.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Maybe you don't pay attention but I do talk shit about democrats when it's warranted.

View attachment 11422

View attachment 11425

View attachment 11426

View attachment 11427

View attachment 11428

I just happen to think that since the last election they've done about as good a job as can reasonably be expected given coming to power in the middle of the pandemic, and the state of the rest of the world.

Yes, inflation is a major issue that they haven't fixed. Inflation hit the rest of the world as well, and the US recovered faster than pretty much every other western country. Housing is a major issue, but it's a major issue everywhere in the world right now. Poor infrastructure is a major issue, and Biden's put money into improving it. Student debt is a major issue, and Biden attempted to alleviate it and was blocked by the courts. Illegal immigration is a major issue and the Republicans are refusing to vote to do anything about it because it gives them a platform to run on.

Most of the country's problems can't be solved without some kind of bipartisanship, and the Republicans tend to be the ones sinking any attempts at it right now. There's frankly just a lot more negative shit to say about the Republicans right now than the Democrats. MAGA made them go completely crazy to the point where any reasonable person on the Republican side is afraid to get ousted from the party like Liz Cheney was.

That's a rather silly goal post, given that I didn't say that his threat wasn't serious, I said he hadn't made any action to actually carry it out.

As far as I know there's like 700 people who have been convicted so far with actions on January 6th, many for violent crimes including assaulting police officers with weapons. You can read about each of the sentences here (it's a year old article so not up to date): https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075

Only 2 people are listed as having been convicted specifically for making threats and nothing else, but not all of the sentencing info and charges are provided in this article and as far as I can tell they aren't reporting on misdemeanors.
I concede my point, though if those are your most recent ones, then it's kinda hard for me (or anyone) to remember those from that long ago. The democrats did a horrible job with the pandemic response. Keeping schools closed was like the most damaging thing you could do and it was the democrats that did that.

What goal post? If that guy made a casual threat against Trump and got charged, surely someone would've been charged when people that came to the Capitol, Mike Pence's place of work, brought a gallows and noose, said they are going to kill Pence, and actively searched for him in the Capitol. Where is the charge of that if all you guys have said is true? I'm not even asking for a conviction but at least a charge.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I think by "defended", you mean McGowan asked for a pause on condemnation until the facts came through. And when they did, she dropped Argento like a hot potato.

That is not, as you suggested, refusing to believe the victim or hypocrisy.
Her stance on other accused figures was generally that one should believe the accuser by default. Not taking that stance and not dropping Argento until there was hard evidence that couldn't be ignored (aka the photo) is markedly different than her reactions to other cases.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
What goal post? If that guy made a casual threat against Trump and got charged, surely someone would've been charged when people that came to the Capitol, Mike Pence's place of work, brought a gallows and noose, said they are going to kill Pence, and actively searched for him in the Capitol. Where is the charge of that if all you guys have said is true? I'm not even asking for a conviction but at least a charge.

“I’m hearing reports that Pence caved,” Nichols says in the video. “I’m telling you, if Pence caved, we’re gonna drag motherf***ers through the streets.”

“You f***ing politicians are gonna get f***ing drug through the streets! Because we’re not going to have our f***ing s*** stolen,” Nichols continues. “If you voted for f***ing treason, we’re gonna drag your f***ing ass through the street.”

"Cut their f***ing heads off!" Harkrider yells at one point.

“Cut their head off!” Nichols replies.

“So let me find out, Pence, let me find out myself, did you treason the country? We'll f***ing drag your ass too," he adds.

According to the FBI, Nichols and Harkrider were part of the angry mob of Trump supporters who forced their way inside the Capitol building, some of them chanting, “Hang Mike Pence!”

The men, Ryan Nichols and Alex Harkrider, were arrested days later in Texas and charged with various crimes, including assault with a dangerous weapon — specifically, a crowbar, baton and pepper spray, according to the indictment against them. They each pleaded not guilty. Harkrider was released pending trial. Nichols was denied release, and both of their cases are still pending.
The indictment can be viewed here: https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1356236/dl

I mean they did a lot more than just make threats, but the threats are also part of the indictment.

There's a limited number of arrests made based on the threats against Mike Pence and other politicians because it's difficult to prove who was actively making the threats, unless people were stupid enough to film themselves doing it, and then post those videos.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Somehow hadn't noticed Richard Spencer's absence was cos he got cancelled by his goosesteppin bros after an audio recording leaked (by Milo) of him post-event reacting like a selfish child on some weird power trip tantrum. The audio is just 🤌
Lady journalist from original Charlottesville nazi rally has real calm sleepy voice here
We explore how disaffected young men anonymously posting memes online led to real-life violence including multiple mass murders, the forming of what came to be known as the alt-right movement, a seismic shift in the Republican party, and the January 6th, 2021 storming of the capitol. Joining us for this very special episode is Elle Reeve, correspondent for CNN and author of the new book Black Pill: How I Witnessed the Darkest Corners of the Internet Come to Life, Poison Society and Capture American Politics.
Ok finding the audio clip outside the podcast episode without other YouTubers' bullshit padded around it has proven difficult, this is the least padded vessel seen so far, somewhat amusingly;

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's a statement designed to be interpreted one of two ways, depending on your political alignment. Either as "we're going to do this peacefully unless the left turns violent" or as "give us everything we want without issue or there will be blood". That's the whole point, to be a direct threat while also being plausibly deniable.
This might be a reasonable theory on any other week of the year. But given the proximity to the 4th of July, it was very obviously a poor attempt to grab on the coattails of the founding fathers. The man wanted to compare himself to George Washington and did it in the dumbest possible way, that is all.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
That one is genuine glorification of violence, and it's genuinely terrible of him to say that. You're all still hypocrites if you condemn that rhetoric, but I'm allowed to.
You're "allowed" to? Who here has said its okay for Steve Bannon to call for heads on pikes?

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
The Tate brothers are facing allegations of tax evasion.

Devon and Cornwall Police in southwest England brought the case, alleging that the siblings failed to pay taxes, in any country, on revenues of some 21 million pounds (roughly €25 million or $27 million) from their online businesses between 2014 and 2022.

"Andrew Tate and Tristan Tate are serial tax and VAT evaders," lawyer Sarah Clarke, representing the police, said. VAT means value-added tax, sometimes also referred to as sales tax.

"They, in particular Andrew, are brazen about it," she said.
Clarke referred to a video Tate had posted online in which he said, "When I lived in England I refused to pay tax." She told the court that he said in the video that his strategy was, "ignore, ignore, ignore, because in the end they go away."

Clarke said the brothers had a huge number of bank accounts in the UK — seven of which have been frozen in the mean time — and that money "washed around" them.

"That's what tax evasion looks like. That's what money laundering looks like," she said.

The revenues hailed from products the Tate brothers sold online, and revenues from their OnlyFans website, the court was told.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Conservatives continue to let their melting brains give them windmills to tilt at.

Threats of political revenge are commonplace among Donald Trump and his supporters. Now a former official in the Trump administration is threatening to retaliate against those who challenged Trump's 2020 election claims, the Associated Press reported.

”We’re going to come after the people in the media who lied about American citizens who helped Joe Biden rig presidential elections,” Patel said in a recent interview with Steve Bannon, referring to the 2020 presidential election. “We’re going to come after you, whether it’s criminally or civilly. We’ll figure that out. But yeah, we’re putting you all on notice.”

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Conservatives continue to let their melting brains give them windmills to tilt at.

Threats of political revenge are commonplace among Donald Trump and his supporters. Now a former official in the Trump administration is threatening to retaliate against those who challenged Trump's 2020 election claims, the Associated Press reported.

”We’re going to come after the people in the media who lied about American citizens who helped Joe Biden rig presidential elections,” Patel said in a recent interview with Steve Bannon, referring to the 2020 presidential election. “We’re going to come after you, whether it’s criminally or civilly. We’ll figure that out. But yeah, we’re putting you all on notice.”
Just people taking selfies.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You're "allowed" to? Who here has said its okay for Steve Bannon to call for heads on pikes?
Nobody, but you all regularly glorify violence against those you don't like. If someone called for Steve Bannon's head on a pike, you'd be like "yes, let's".

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Kinda like how I can honestly say that over 90% of Jan 6 election protest events were nonviolent, and a majority of Jan 6 protest events in DC were nonviolent. Not because I think the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol was nonviolent, but because I'm abusing the same measure in the same fashion that it's usually used to defend certain other groups.
So about 45K to 80K were at the rally and a whole bunch went to Capital Hill. 2-2.5K went inside and 1.2K were arrested, mainly from the ones going inside. So like 2% of those at the rally but definitely more of the people going inside

So, it depends on which 90% you are talking about. Because the rally had pretty much no violence. But those inside did $30m damage

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
So about 45K to 80K were at the rally and a whole bunch went to Capital Hill. 2-2.5K went inside and 1.2K were arrested, mainly from the ones going inside. So like 2% of those at the rally but definitely more of the people going inside

So, it depends on which 90% you are talking about. Because the rally had pretty much no violence. But those inside did $30m damage
There were other protests in other cities on the same day about the same topic. If I'm allowed to count the rally, march and attack as separate "events" then it only takes seven other peaceful protests of any size whatsoever nationwide for 90% of J6 protests to be peaceful. And a majority in DC were peaceful (2/3). Part of the trick in counting protest "events" is that it doesn't consider size - a dozen guys with signs in each of 9 cities and one arbitrarily large riot means 90% peaceful.

Because the metric being used is bullshit, but it's the same bullshit metric that's used to defend BLM and applying it to the "other side" illustrates how bullshit it is as a measure. Because the entire point of counting it that way is to minimize violence, and using it to count groups or causes you accept as being violent leads to results that sound absurd because you know better than to minimize their violence.

There's basically no modern protest in the US where a majority of protesters are violent, but that's such an absurd measure that no one even tries to use it to defend anyone. It's probably more fair than measuring "events" though.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Would be super helpful if he could just say who he means instead of dancing around it. Fess up, fam, come on, drop some names!

hm, could you just not?

U.S. Nuke Agency Buys Internet Backbone Data

The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) has bought access to netflow data. The tool covers more than 90 percent of the world's internet data and can trace activity through virtual private networks.

1720535931676.png
TEAM CYMRU. EDIT BY 404 MEDIA.
This article was primarily reported using public records requests. We are making it available to all readers as a public service. FOIA reporting can be expensive, please consider subscribing to 404 Media to support this work. Or send us a one time donation via our tip jar here.

A U.S. government agency tasked with supporting the nation’s nuclear deterrence capability has bought access to a data tool that claims to cover more than 90 percent of the world’s internet traffic, and can in some cases let users trace activity through virtual private networks, according to documents obtained by 404 Media.

The documents provide more insight into the use cases and customers of so-called netflow data, which can show which server communicated with another, information that is ordinarily only available to the server’s owner, or the internet service provider (ISP) handling the traffic. Other agencies that have purchased the data include the U.S. Army, NCIS, FBI, IRS, with some government clients saying it would take too long to get data from the NSA, so they bought this tool instead. In this case, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) says it is using the data to perform vulnerability assessments of U.S. and allied systems.

A document written by the DTRA and obtained by 404 Media says the agency “has a requirement to support ongoing assessments of the vulnerability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets.”

The tool “is capable of following communications between servers, even private servers,” which allows the agency to identify infrastructure used by malicious actors, the document continues. That contract was for $490,000 in 2023, according to the document. 404 Media obtained the document and others under a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

“This collection of data can yield tens of billions of records per day. The access to this volume of data is unique and renders it a powerful tool for tracking and mapping; it is the only software tool that provides such a comprehensive data processing and data capturing solution that is readily deployable,” the document says.

Specifically, the Nuclear Enterprise Directorate (NE), Mission Assurance Department (MA) sourced access to the data, according to one of the documents obtained by 404 Media. The mission of the NE is, among other things, to “prevent nuclear proliferation and nuclear terrorism,” “maintain strategic stability at reduced nuclear force levels,” and “sustain a safe, secure, and effective nuclear arsenal,” according to the DTRA’s website. MA’s more specific remit is to identify “vulnerability risks to key DoD missions and stakeholders, reducing the threats posed by adversaries around the globe,” the website adds.

DTRA bought access to the data from Argonne Ridge Group (ARG), which is an affiliate of cybersecurity company Team Cymru, the documents show. The tool developed by Team Cymru is called Augury.

“The network data includes data from over 550 collection points worldwide, to include collection points in Europe, the Middle East, North/South America, Africa and Asia, and is updated with at least 100 billion new records each day,” a description of Augury available in another U.S. government procurement record reads. Team Cymru obtains this data from ISPs, to which Team Cymru then provides threat intelligence. The company previously confirmed this exchange to the office of Senator Ron Wyden.

While netflow data can be a powerful and useful tool for tracking adversary activity, multiple sources in the cybersecurity and threat intelligence industry previously said they were concerned or thought the sale of this data was “kinda bonkers.”

Augury can also include web browsing activity, such as the URLs a device has visited or cookies used, as well as packet capture data (PCAP), other documents previously showed.

One of the DTRA documents says that “Routing data, current or historical, and updated hourly, is available through queries to Augury as well.” This information can be used to monitor traffic from a given country, or monitor more specific locations, it adds.

The contract also includes training to use the Augury tool, and says that DTRA is granted a worldwide license to make derivative works using the data available to DTRA’s own end-user customers “in support of DTRA’s mission area(s).”

The contract also says that “neither party shall make any press releases or public statement about the other party, nor the Data exchanged, without the prior written consent of the other party.” Emails obtained by 404 Media also indicate that an NDA or similar was put in place that would “preclude anyone from sharing raw data that could identify ARG as the source.”

Neither Team Cymru or the DTRA responded to a request for comment.

Emails Reveal the Playbook Used Against Libraries Planning ‘Drag Story Time’ Events

Internal messages shared with 404 Media show how an official’s complaint about a drag queen story hour can spiral into bomb threats against the library hosting it.

1720536392683.png
IMAGE: LANCASTER PUBLIC LIBRARY ON INSTAGRAM.

A drag queen story hour at a Pennsylvania public library was canceled in March after a bomb threat was made against the library. New internal messages shared with 404 Media show the full text of this threat, and reveal the extreme lengths that anti-LGBTQ actors have gone to terrorize and threaten libraries that stock books that they want banned and that have planned drag reading events.

In February, the Lancaster Public Library organized a drag queen story time event for children in coordination with Lancaster Pride, the local LGBTQ organization. The event, slated for March 23, planned to feature Miss Amie, a performer who frequently does kid-oriented shows. Public records obtained by Adam Steinbaugh, an attorney at the First Amendment rights group FIRE, and shared with 404 Media detail the extreme threats of violence made against the library and local officials, as well as their responses. The emails also show that a group called “Harrisburg Pride” opposed the event, but officials were unsure whether the organization even exists.

Lancaster County Commissioner Josh Parsons publicly responded to the announcement of the event with disgust. In a thread on X, Parsons wrote that the event was “graphic” and promoted “an adult agenda,” and that the library was “signaling to the world that they are a fully woke, politicized organization and if you do not embrace their agenda completely, you are not welcomed at their library… [sic].”

“There’s no agenda,” said Tiffany Shirley, the director of Lancaster Pride, in an interview with local news station WGAL at the time. “We just want to read books and spend time together.”

In response to Parsons’ comments, numerous constituents called or wrote to the commissioners’ office. Some expressed support of his position, like one man who said he would “love to give [Parsons] a ‘slap on the back’ for standing up and speaking out against Drag Queen Story Hour” and that he stood with Parsons “100 percent.” Others, like Laura Sabatini, the director of operations for LGBTQ+ advocacy organization Lititz Chooses Love, expressed concern.

“I am a queer person myself, and I can attest to the impact that diverse library programs have had on me,” Sabatini wrote. “I disagree with Commissioner Parsons that drag or LGBTQ+ issues are ‘adult-level.’ Inasmuch as the library encourages us to discover new worlds in books and media, I also encourage our children to look inward and discover the worlds that are inherent there, be they gender or sexuality.”

On March 9, a day after Parsons’ comments, a person with the email “[email protected]” wrote to the office with the subject line “Drag Story TIme [sic].”

“As the official representative of Harrisburg Pride, we can affirm that we do not support this in a public library,” the email reads. “We would never encourage the usage of Drag Queens to promote an ideology that many of these children don’t even know or are confused about.”

The commissioners’ office forwarded this email to Sabatini, who responded initially with “Woof ok thanks.” Some hours later, however, Sabatini wrote back again.

“I wanted to follow up with you!” she said. “Harrisburg Pride does not seem to be a real organization. When we read the email more closely, we were suspicious of its validity. First, it is from a .com domain instead of a .org domain which seemed odd. It was poorly written, considering it was an ‘official statement,’ and it didn't have the name, title, email signature, etc. of anyone.”

“We had also never heard of ‘Harrisburg Pride,’ so we did some digging,” Sabatini continued. “If you google ‘Harrisburg Pride, you will actually find links to Central PA Pride. https://centralpapride.org/ We know about Central PA Pride, so that’s why we were confused about Harrisburg Pride. If you go to HarrisburgPride.com (the domain the email came from), you will find a very strange, fake-looking website that appears to have been created in 2024.”

The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine shows that until immediately before the email was sent, nothing had been hosted on www.harrisburgpride.com since the early 2000s. Archived versions of harrisburgpride.com show that in 2003, the url hosted a page for the Miss Gay American National Pageants. WHOIS domain records show that the domain expired multiple times between 2003 and 2023, when the current owners registered it. There did not appear to be anything on the page until early 2024.

The url leads to a login landing page. On the left side is a photo of a pride flag with the cut-off caption “HarrisburgPride.com; The Home of Pride for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.” On the right side is an email-and-password login form and two buttons to app stores that don’t go anywhere. Clicking these buttons opens a new page of the same website about “Verification”, and making an account to log into the site requires an invitation code.

A SCREENSHOT OF THE HARRISBURGPRIDE.COM LANDING PAGE.

Sabatini also notes that Harrisburg Pride’s YouTube account was created in December 2023, and that its social media accounts were “basically non-existent.” When Sabatini sent the email and at time of writing, Harrisburg Pride had 4 followers on both its Facebook and Instagram pages.

“All of this is to say, that I do not think this came from any sort of legitimate organization,” Sabatini wrote. It is unclear whether any member of the commissioners’ office responded to this message.

Harrisburg Pride responded to 404 Media’s request for comment with four emails. “Anyone can win an argument by simply claiming something doesn't exist and then spread that misinformation around in internal emails and then ignore it,” one of them said. They said Harrisburg Pride is “a group of people that have been friends for over 30 years in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area. We value people because of people, not because of their sexuality, though most of us are gay and/or lesbian.” The message stated that most Harrisburg Pride members do not use pronouns and that it was “ridiculous” that the drag queen story hour had received so much news coverage. “Our website is only open by invite and is a private website,” they said, and reiterated that it does not support drag queen reading events at libraries.

“I do not believe the Commissioner's office is a real organization,” they added in another email.

After much public attention, the drag queen story hour was canceled when K-9 units alerted police to a “suspicious package” at 9:19 a.m. on March 23, according to a police statement at the time. Police evacuated the area. At around noon, people organizing the event, including Shirley, received emailed bomb threats to the library and their home addresses.

The bomb and death threat message was sent to local reporter Dan Nephin of LNP Lancaster Online “at work,” according to internal messages between Nephin and two county commissioners, including Parsons, obtained by 404 Media. Nephin first reported the text of the threats in part.

“We are the ones that placed bombs at the lancaster public library (151 N Queen St, Lancaster),” the threat forwarded by Nephin, which does not list a sender, reads. “We will kill Tiffany Shirley, we placed a bomb in her home, [Shirley’s home address], the home of Lissa Holland, at [Holland’s home address], the home of Dan Nephin at [Nephin’s home address], Starbucks at 101 N. Queen St and Lancaster Online’s office at North Queen street.” Holland is the executive director of the Lancaster Public Library.

“At exactly 1:30 pm the bombs will detonate,” the threat continues. “Bring the fire department, we placed pipe bombs as well as fuel bombs will likely cause a fire spreading to other buildings. Evacuate so no innocents die. You are fucking degenerates, pedophiles, child abusers or chickenshit cowards who rather let our children get preyed upon than be called a bigot. Fuck you degenerates, we will kill you all and purify our land.”

The commissioners do not appear to have responded directly to Nephin’s message.

The commissioners’ office acknowledged a request for comment but did not provide one.

In the afternoon, police cleared the area and reported no explosives, and an evacuation order was lifted. Parsons posted on X that he hoped the perpetrators would soon be caught, “regardless of whether they actually oppose the Drag Queen Story Hour or they support it and are seeking to create outrage against those who oppose it.”

Multiple individuals who had supported the event, however, blamed Parsons for in part inciting it. Shirley called his tweeting dangerous. “There was 13 families signed up before he tweeted about it,” she told Local 21 News. “And then after he tweeted about it, there was over 700 people registered. Now mind you, 90 percent of them were fake registrations with hateful, terrible comments next to the registration.”

One internal email obtained by 404 Media was sent by a constituent on the afternoon of March 23, who said that he had planned to go to the story time but had changed his mind after Parsons’ original comments, for “fear that the increased negative attention would bring with it the threat of violence.”

“I now feel confident I made the correct decision in staying home,” the constituent wrote. “I'm also deeply disappointed and angered by the multiple threats made to both the library and those involved in the event. I hope you can see the direct connection between your comments and the acts of violence we have seen today. You claim to care about the well-being of children in your condemnation of the mere existence of this event. Will you also condemn the very real threats and intimidation involving those same children and their families today?”

“I encourage you to reflect with an open mind on what you've said publicly and see how you contributed to creating an unsafe space for Lancaster County citizens, my wife and daughter included,” he continued. “You can still do the right thing and denounce today's acts of terrorism.”

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

The indictment can be viewed here: https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1356236/dl

I mean they did a lot more than just make threats, but the threats are also part of the indictment.

There's a limited number of arrests made based on the threats against Mike Pence and other politicians because it's difficult to prove who was actively making the threats, unless people were stupid enough to film themselves doing it, and then post those videos.
I don't see anything in there about any charges about threatening Mike Pence's life. I never said any of those other things in the charges there didn't happen.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Nobody, but you all regularly glorify violence against those you don't like. If someone called for Steve Bannon's head on a pike, you'd be like "yes, let's".
"You all glorify violence" is your interpretation of positions, it says nothing of what the underlying belief is and whether it would be hypocritical to condemn one kind and not another.
I would condemn the violence of an abuse of power, not the violence used to stop that abuse of power, because one is a necessary response to a danger.
No I don't want Steve bannons head on a stick, a quick quiet injection of fentanyl will be fine.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
There were other protests in other cities on the same day about the same topic. If I'm allowed to count the rally, march and attack as separate "events" then it only takes seven other peaceful protests of any size whatsoever nationwide for 90% of J6 protests to be peaceful. And a majority in DC were peaceful (2/3). Part of the trick in counting protest "events" is that it doesn't consider size - a dozen guys with signs in each of 9 cities and one arbitrarily large riot means 90% peaceful.

Because the metric being used is bullshit, but it's the same bullshit metric that's used to defend BLM and applying it to the "other side" illustrates how bullshit it is as a measure. Because the entire point of counting it that way is to minimize violence, and using it to count groups or causes you accept as being violent leads to results that sound absurd because you know better than to minimize their violence.

There's basically no modern protest in the US where a majority of protesters are violent, but that's such an absurd measure that no one even tries to use it to defend anyone. It's probably more fair than measuring "events" though.
I personally, was fine with most of the Jan 6 protest until the start trying to break in. Most of the protester were not there to get Pence and everyone in the house. Even stealing Pelosi's isn't that bad... maybe a little jail time. It's just a laptop. $30m damage? Maybe a month depending on each individual case

It's the people who tried to stop the proceedings that I'm more worried. In effect, I'm more worried about why there was violence, rather than that it existed