Funny events in anti-woke world

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Not sure if this counts but anti woke morons like Rodimus prime and split lip is funny!18E2780B-C0EF-4537-84DE-031062C50A4F.png

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
They are, they are pretty equivalent. The country is collectively moving away from having many local precincts operating for one day and towards alternative voting methods over longer periods. Both these states have weeks long early voting periods. Pointing to polling place statistics is not meaningful in that context.
Did you actually look at the rest of the post? You know, about how Texas necessitates travelling in person while California does not; how Texas often had fewer stations even before the changes than California had after them; and how the closures are massively weighted towards minority areas.

Just cutting all of the actual substance out of your quote of my post, and then reiterating "well uh-huh they are actually" doesn't really cut it.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Conservatives; masters of Geography!

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I doubt Ted Cruz can even comprehend that other countries have "states".

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

The conservatives here are so dumb, I couldn't watch, and I came in hating both sides, wishing the liberals would win, but hoping conservatives would come up with rational points. They are trash.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Did you actually look at the rest of the post?
Yes, but you're just making the point I'm refuting with more details. You don't need to talk about more trees, you need to see the forest.

Let me put it this way. Democrats in Texas are not gun shy about criticizing Republican voting changes, they are generally vigilant in looking for opportunities to call Republicans racist, and yet there is little to no pushback by actual Texas Democrats on the election rules change that replaced many voting precincts with fewer but universal voting centers. One of the articles I was looking at cited a Democrat as saying things were going pretty smoothly with them.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but you're just making the point I'm refuting with more details. You don't need to talk about more trees, you need to see the forest.
Since the point I'm making is that Texas Republicans have made voting significantly more difficult than California Democrats ever did, and that therefore the comparison is a false equivalence... then yes, details of exactly why its so much harder in one than the other are obviously relevant.

You can't just say A and B are the same, and then also say we shouldn't be looking at all the massive differences between them.

Let me put it this way. Democrats in Texas are not gun shy about criticizing Republican voting changes, they are generally vigilant in looking for opportunities to call Republicans racist, and yet there is little to no pushback by actual Texas Democrats on the election rules change that replaced many voting precincts with fewer but universal voting centers. One of the articles I was looking at cited a Democrat as saying things were going pretty smoothly with them.
So Texas Democrats haven't pushed back hard enough. I agree.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
The tweet has been deleted, but that didn’t stop Cruz from doubling down with a tweet referencing Footloose — a 1980s movie about a small town where the conservative government has banned rock music and dancing.
All I got is, LOL.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Reactions: Dalisclock

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Or, hear me out, the changes made voting easier.
Try actually making the case, then. Address the points I've raised rather than just cutting them from your quotes of my posts.

1) If a larger population is split over a smaller number of stations, how would waiting time decrease rather than increase? There's literally more people per station.

2) If fewer stations are split over the same geographic area, and the new locations are specifically not located at the spots of highest population, then why would average travel time decrease rather than increase? More people are further away from their closest.

(Side question: why are you associating the early voting period with these closures, as if the former compensates for the latter or the latter makes the former possible... when the early voting period was in place years before and has nothing to do with the closures?)

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
He prob thinks Cancun was in Texas as well.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
1) If a larger population is split over a smaller number of stations, how would waiting time decrease rather than increase? There's literally more people per station.
Because there is more than enough time for everyone to vote quickly, this issue is that you have lines first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening because people work during the day. By allowing people to vote in different places than precisely where they live, they can vote during a break at work and not be involved in the last minute bottleneck. Additionally, precincts are not set at one specific rate of processing people. Reallocating volunteers and voting machines to facilities that can accommodate more people could actually increase the pace.
2) If fewer stations are split over the same geographic area, and the new locations are specifically not located at the spots of highest population, then why would average travel time decrease rather than increase? More people are further away from their closest.
More people live further from their closest polling place in that instance, but the polling place where they live is not necessarily the most convenient. I, personally, have never been in the position where I didn't have to go out of my way to vote, because the place geographically closest to my residence is just not the most convenient for me.
(Side question: why are you associating the early voting period with these closures, as if the former compensates for the latter or the latter makes the former possible... when the early voting period was in place years before and has nothing to do with the closures?)
You brought up duration of voting periods, not me.
One cannot read Texas SB7 and come to that conclusion.
It requires the state to make a way to track your mail-in vote online, it adds a rule that people need be allowed to submit their vote without necessarily voting on every election on the ballot, if they so choose. It funds new voting machines. It's strange to me that one might read it and think "this will make voting so much harder!" because they explicitly forbid practices that were only used in the 2020 November election, under the stress of an ongoing pandemic.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Because there is more than enough time for everyone to vote quickly, this issue is that you have lines first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening because people work during the day. By allowing people to vote in different places than precisely where they live, they can vote during a break at work and not be involved in the last minute bottleneck. Additionally, precincts are not set at one specific rate of processing people. Reallocating volunteers and voting machines to facilities that can accommodate more people could actually increase the pace.
You keep saying "could" while ignoring the real word "don't". Why is that? Have real voting centers never been tried?