Funny events in anti-woke world

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Qanon murderer took advice from her qanon buddies to fire her lawyer and represent herself. Results;

A fool for a client.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Qanon murderer took advice from her qanon buddies to fire her lawyer and represent herself. Results;

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Is too late to edit into previous post: the guy killed was also sov-cit qanon and a grifter making money from troubled parents by convincing them they can get their kids back if they just follow his brain-melted yellow brick road. Likely was only a matter of time before he'd find some parent or two who'd refocus their desperate rage towards him instead. No good ppl here.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
We know that these people were going after Sweet Baby Inc on social media because the video shows accounts being blocked by SBI and them having to go private on their accounts. That seems like pretty strong proof of harassment.

You've also got Kiwifarms (a site whose members have openly admitted to wanting to drive people to suicide and has succeeded in at least three known cases) and 4Chan falsely calling Kim Belair Jewish in a disparaging manner, calling for every game they've worked on to be blacklisted, accusations of pedophilia based on non-existent evidence, repeated use of racial slurs aimed at Belair. Funny how these never get brought up by the people accusing SBI employees of bein racist never bring this up, but trying to get someone who was actively and clearly involved in a smear campaign against your company for petty reasons is seen as the far more egregious crime.

This company and its employees spent months being harassed and slandered by the worst of the gamer community, but the second they fought back they were the villains and everything that had happened before that (the racial slurs hurled at them, the accusations of being sexual predators, the online harassment) didn't matter. For Christ's sakes, half the idiots whining about SBI can't even tell (or are actively lying about) which games SBI actually worked on.

This is not a case of some powerful company trying to destroy gamers with backing from the media. This is gamers not being able to take a mere fraction of what they dish out and playing the victim. Or as the video calls it, "cry bullying".
As Casual Shinji asked me, where's the evidence? They could have blocked say a Youtuber's twitter account that made a video about SBI when they never even tweeted on their page for example. Again, people talking shit about people on forums is not harassment. If so, then a bunch of people here are habitual harassers if that is the case. The fact is apparent when almost nobody knew about SBI and now like everyone does and that's all because of SBI themselves. There's quite a different between talking shit about a company or people in a company and someone then actually coming after someone to where they would lose quite a bit of money in essence. If you Steam account gets banned, you lose everything you bought.

Apples and oranges again, huh? Because Sweet Baby Inc. was obviously deciding who gets fired.

Yes, prove your point by claiming ChatGPT could write it. Well done - Side-quest finished. Yes, just don't make minorities stereotypical, based on our own preconceptions. Done.

Yep, this is what writing and game development should be. Totally.
You just don't get basic human psychology. People don't like change, consultants come in to make changes; hence, people dislike consultants on just a general level. And obviously consultants have a bias to make changes (thus make more changes than actually needed) because if they don't, then they'll get asked "why we even hire you then?"

Again, you do realize people are just people, right? If you make a character gay or Asian or whatever, you don't need to know what's it like to be those things if you just keep them as a person not touching on their race or sexual orientation. For example, in like Spiderman if you have a kid that loses their balloon or kite in a park and Spiderman gets it for the kid, you can have the parents be 2 dads saying generic "thank yous" and whatnot. Well over 90% of conversations with anyone, guess what doesn't come up? Sex, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. If it's some side character that isn't developed, there's no need for dialogue about them being gay. Thus, why would you need some diversity consultants to help out on that? Just make the minority person a person, that's all, it's not rocket science.

I'd probably take ChatGPT side quest NPC dialogue over Bethesda written side quest NPC dialogue. Even their main story writing/dialogue is super bland.

Because AI has such a good track record on racial, gender and religious sensitivities... :rolleyes:
If it's a side character, you don't even need to tell ChatGPT if the character is black or gay (or white) because again, people are just people and it's a side character.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You just don't get basic human psychology. People don't like change, consultants come in to make changes; hence, people dislike consultants on just a general level. And obviously consultants have a bias to make changes (thus make more changes than actually needed) because if they don't, then they'll get asked "why we even hire you then?"

Again, you do realize people are just people, right? If you make a character gay or Asian or whatever, you don't need to know what's it like to be those things if you just keep them as a person not touching on their race or sexual orientation. For example, in like Spiderman if you have a kid that loses their balloon or kite in a park and Spiderman gets it for the kid, you can have the parents be 2 dads saying generic "thank yous" and whatnot. Well over 90% of conversations with anyone, guess what doesn't come up? Sex, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. If it's some side character that isn't developed, there's no need for dialogue about them being gay. Thus, why would you need some diversity consultants to help out on that? Just make the minority person a person, that's all, it's not rocket science.

I'd probably take ChatGPT side quest NPC dialogue over Bethesda written side quest NPC dialogue. Even their main story writing/dialogue is super bland.
And yet again, all you're giving me is assumptions. Assuming people don't like change, assuming Sweet Baby Inc. came in and made changes, assuming nobody who worked with them wanted to work with them, assuming being gay or asian has no bearing on that person's identity.

It seems you've never developed passed the basic stage of human psychology.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
The internet bog is mad at Warhammer 40k this week. By that I mean suddenly a bunch of internet ragebait personalities like Critical drinker suddenly announce theyve been playing Warhammer for 30 years and care deeply that a retcon has added a new female miniature to an army that previously was all male.

Theres plenty of long winded rants online from "historians" of the game who declare this change to be utter unthinkable madness, yes because "nothing" in Warhammer has eeeever been retconned to add more unit diversity *eyes rolling out the back of my head*

Ill just link the basic news

Its a nothing burger, no one who actually plays Warhammer 40k gives a shit, but the internet will tell you the CFO was fired and company is about to collapse because of the "mass boycotts".

200w (5).gif

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The internet bog is mad at Warhammer 40k this week. By that I mean suddenly a bunch of internet ragebait personalities like Critical drinker suddenly announce theyve been playing Warhammer for 30 years
Translation: they dimly remember playing Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat or Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate in the 90s.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
And yet again, all you're giving me is assumptions. Assuming people don't like change, assuming Sweet Baby Inc. came in and made changes, assuming nobody who worked with them wanted to work with them, assuming being gay or asian has no bearing on that person's identity.

It seems you've never developed passed the basic stage of human psychology.
The last Asian person you talked to, you discussed how being Asian has affected their life?

You're just saying stuff that makes no sense so you don't have to agree with me. People generally not liking change is very much a thing.

You have yet to explain why some writer that wants to add diversity via side quest characters would need some diversity consultant to do that; you're claim, not mine. It doesn't make any sense. At least my "assumptions" pass the basic logic test. I'm just telling what's more likely than not.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The internet bog is mad at Warhammer 40k this week. By that I mean suddenly a bunch of internet ragebait personalities like Critical drinker suddenly announce theyve been playing Warhammer for 30 years and care deeply that a retcon has added a new female miniature to an army that previously was all male.

Theres plenty of long winded rants online from "historians" of the game who declare this change to be utter unthinkable madness, yes because "nothing" in Warhammer has eeeever been retconned to add more unit diversity *eyes rolling out the back of my head*

Ill just link the basic news

Its a nothing burger, no one who actually plays Warhammer 40k gives a shit, but the internet will tell you the CFO was fired and company is about to collapse because of the "mass boycotts".

View attachment 11046
An unexpected but welcome change. It's one that both fits relatively nicely into the lore (especially compared to other changes GW has made) and has been previously argued for by both GW lore writers and fans; it was largely shot down previously because the miniature model range had already been created with only male heads. The chuds getting pissed about it is merely the cherry on top.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
because they can just pretend their target was threatening.
As always, check the trial footage, evidence and testimony.

For example, Grosskreutz literally answered a question in testimony saying that after he had approached and lowered his arms he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse shot him. That question basically decided that charge.

This was a pretty informative (though also fucking disillusioning) watch. Finally someone bringing up the complete crickets in regards to Baldur's Gate 3.
Didn't think SBI was involved with BG3? So why would a steam curator listing games SBI was involved with (which to be clear was what set that whole mess off) have anything to do with BG3?

So far the only conclusion have come closest to settling on is it's purely about popularity: once a certain threshold of public exposure is passed, perhaps into the aether we collectively refer to as "mainstream" influence or attention, ACTIVATE MORAL CAMO - ENGAGE MEDIA CYCLE -DEPLOY RED MEATS!

If no threshold crossed though, well fuck 'em, who's gonna care anyway? Numbers ain't affecting shit. It's solely tactical, at least within the content production echelons of their modern news/influencer ecosystems.(Is only half-formed theory am speculating, can change or be thrown out entirely if more information deems it so, am not emotionally attached to it thankfully lol. tIght bastard didn't even pay for dinner!)
Media is acting in their own financial best interests, and the best financial choice for them is to spend the minimum time and effort farming the most clicks, which red meat outrage bait is good for.

Where was the online hate mob and dozens of videos from reactionaries in that case?
I mean, not reactionaries per se but it got it's 15 minutes of hate. And a handful of people pointing out that these were things you'd have to be a sucker to buy since they're all available in game and not super unreasonable to get that way. And then a mod came out reducing the prices for those things in game to 1 gold, and that mostly quieted it down since anyone who cares is just going to install the mod.

Yeah, I understand why you would think that. It makes total sense for you.
And what *should* he think? This blew up at scale when the Steam curator made the rounds and SBI went overboard in response. Literally a list of games they worked on and SBI was calling for the list to be banned and it's creator to lose their Steam account and that response is what blew it up. Before that, it was a relative handful of folks grouching about SBI.

Also, we're letting the bit where the "terrify them" bit is a joke go at face value? This wouldn't be accepted in most other contexts. Not even claims of a coming bloodbath in the auto industry or threats of violence in Minecraft.

Isn't the PS5 Pro supposedly going to use A.I. to remaster older PS4 games?
I assume they just mean AI upscaling? Which mostly does a pretty good job, in general. It's much better at filling in the gaps between picture at 1080p and same picture at 4k than it is at generating an image ex nihilo (and usually better than most other methods of automatic image doctoring). I imagine you could train one to do something similar with audio too if you had a mind to try.

Representing self, fool for a lawyer, etc. Even moreso since you really have to fuck up to get life as a youngish white woman for just one murder. Even Arias had to make it an extremely brutal murder and go through several rounds of lying to police to get there.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
An unexpected but welcome change. It's one that both fits relatively nicely into the lore (especially compared to other changes GW has made) and has been previously argued for by both GW lore writers and fans; it was largely shot down previously because the miniature model range had already been created with only male heads. The chuds getting pissed about it is merely the cherry on top.
Yeah it seems pretty clear a lot the male or genderless designs were because molds are cheaper.

Im not the most diehard fan but I have a few armies imperial, chaos, and space marine. Its been my experience that Female characters typically are special squads or unique captains and therefore cost a bit more. They are likely just planning a unique character which is always cool.

Drinker put out a rant video about it and I just had to chuckle. What a sellout. Hes never so much as touched Warhammer its an excuse to get his clicks in while its hot. Its so funny how transparent these rage outlets are.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Didn't think SBI was involved with BG3? So why would a steam curator listing games SBI was involved with (which to be clear was what set that whole mess off) have anything to do with BG3?
Because it's not about Sweet Baby Inc. They're just a face they can put on their hatred for diversity in games. To the point where they're even calling out games that Sweet Baby Inc. had no affiliation with, because it had a girl character in it (Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart) so it must be them that put it there.

Baldur's Gate 3 is prime rib for these reactionaries, since it has pronoun choice at the character creator, something they flipped their shit over with Starfield, and it's got gayness in it, something they peed their pants over in that one side-quest in Spider-Man 2. So why is Baldur's Gate 3, the biggest game of the year, and example that going woke isn't going broke - seriously, there's a lesbian angel in this game - completely ignored?

I mean, not reactionaries per se but it got it's 15 minutes of hate. And a handful of people pointing out that these were things you'd have to be a sucker to buy since they're all available in game and not super unreasonable to get that way. And then a mod came out reducing the prices for those things in game to 1 gold, and that mostly quieted it down since anyone who cares is just going to install the mod.
Yes, but not from those same reactionaries. Yet they're still operating under the notion that they just don't want things being forced into games (or movies). But it's only ever relegated to women, black people, and the gays, not the actual technical and business aspects that actually make games worse.
The last Asian person you talked to, you discussed how being Asian has affected their life?

You're just saying stuff that makes no sense so you don't have to agree with me. People generally not liking change is very much a thing.

You have yet to explain why some writer that wants to add diversity via side quest characters would need some diversity consultant to do that; you're claim, not mine. It doesn't make any sense. At least my "assumptions" pass the basic logic test. I'm just telling what's more likely than not.
I'd tell you to get out of that bubble, but no... no you just stay there, draw the blinds, maybe put on some headphones.

Reactions: Avnger and bluegate

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Is it actually a change, though? Had it ever been definitely said that Custodians are all male, or did they just not mention female ones? I mean, marines are al male, that's explicitly stated, but I don't remember them doing that for Custodians.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Is it actually a change, though? Had it ever been definitely said that Custodians are all male, or did they just not mention female ones? I mean, marines are al male, that's explicitly stated, but I don't remember them doing that for Custodians.
Well, it's a definitely some degree of change, even if that's just correcting the implicit understanding that they were all male that had formed on the grounds that no female had previously been mentioned.

Reactions: Avnger

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Well, it's a definitely some degree of change, even if that's just correcting the implicit understanding that they were all male that had formed on the grounds that no female had previously been mentioned.
There is more like that line that they recruited from specifically the sons of prestigous Terran families. So i would count it as a retcon, but a extremely minor one. I mean, look at how often the whole War in Heaven got rewritten. Or the whole concept of factions like the Necrons or Tau. Or what happened to the Squats. Or thousand other things, really.

If those Culture Warriors hadn't latched on it, no one would even talk about female Custodians except for what conversions you can do until GW bothers to bring out the models (Stormcast based maybe).

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
There is more like that line that they recruited from specifically the sons of prestigous Terran families. So i would count it as a retcon, but a extremely minor one. I mean, look at how often the whole War in Heaven got rewritten. Or the whole concept of factions like the Necrons or Tau. Or what happened to the Squats. Or thousand other things, really.

If those Culture Warriors hadn't latched on it, no one would even talk about female Custodians except for what conversions you can do until GW bothers to bring out the models (Stormcast based maybe).
Exactly.

There's also several tangential references to "brotherhood" along with contrast of the custodes to the sisters of silence. Minor stuff in the grand scheme of things.