Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
To sum up the UN GA meeting. Everyone is lying or talking about stuff they have no power over.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
To sum up the UN GA meeting. Everyone is lying or talking about stuff they have no power over.

Makes you yearn for the days of the League of Nations.

And doing lots and lots of cocaine.
In the League, it would've been opium. Much more classy.

Reactions: Hawki

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Game Rant jurnalizt thinks project Eve's aliens being named the NA: tives will reflect badly or be offensive to indigenous people

It's a race a killer monster invading aliens.........Kinda shows how little woke people think of the average non woke person or perhaps how little they think of indigenous people to try and associate them with aliens or think other people will do for some reason........

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Also designer of AOC's "Tax the Rich" dress for a the Met Gala has been found to not having been paying their correct taxes or paying it's workers properly

A former employee of Ms James said her company relied on unpaid interns who worked full-time jobs.
Man AOC manages to ends up with so many of her stunts blowing up in her face these days I feel bad for her. Though at least this time unlike the New Green Deal Hoody made in part from non recyclable plastic (which none of the other hoodies she sold had in them) it's not her fault as directly. Now it's poor circumstance and possibly lack of any vetting of the company she chose to go with.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I hate to nitpick, but I am going to nitpick.

This part of the bill is for investments in working families, the elderly, and the environment. It includes a tax cut for Americans making less than $400,000 a year, lowering the price of prescription drugs, and ensuring the wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share of taxes.

If you make 400,000 dollars even in San Francisco, you don't need a tax break. Fuck off out of here. It's basically salt tax 2.0.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I hate to nitpick, but I am going to nitpick.

This part of the bill is for investments in working families, the elderly, and the environment. It includes a tax cut for Americans making less than $400,000 a year, lowering the price of prescription drugs, and ensuring the wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share of taxes.

If you make 400,000 dollars even in San Francisco, you don't need a tax break. Fuck off out of here. It's basically salt tax 2.0.
It's funny what gets classed as 'middle class'. Upper class in Australia is usually seen as about 120k and I think that high

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I feel triggered that people are triggered over the use of the term trigger warning. But I may have triggered you by not giving a trigger warning at the start of this post concerning the presence of trigger warnings that have triggered people that they want trigger warnings to be renamed less they trigger people in triggering ways.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States

I feel triggered that people are triggered over the use of the term trigger warning. But I may have triggered you by not giving a trigger warning at the start of this post concerning the presence of trigger warnings that have triggered people that they want trigger warnings to be renamed less they trigger people in triggering ways.
The real world is NOT going to be kind to these kids....

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The cow says moo, the duck says quack.

The humanities professor pretends their major is relevant.

As does the MA holder in anthropology.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

As a sperm incubator, I find this language...interesting.
Look, I support any way to make discussing anatomy more effective with the general public. I tend to find that doctors are probably not the best as their views are skewed by what they naturally have to deal with

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Look, I support any way to make discussing anatomy more effective with the general public. I tend to find that doctors are probably not the best as their views are skewed by what they naturally have to deal with
As a person with a penis, I prefer that people with medical degrees not indulge in this nonsense about fetus holders.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean, in fairness: there's an entire prequel trilogy devoted to how much the Jedi suck, and reading between the lines has them suck even more. On an organizational level at least; individual Jedi can be okay.
As a person with a penis, I prefer that people with medical degrees not indulge in this nonsense about fetus holders.
Is the information bad or are we just mad at verbiage? Like, 95% chance I could get a gender critical feminist in that thread to say that women aren't people.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I mean, in fairness: there's an entire prequel trilogy devoted to how much the Jedi suck, and reading between the lines has them suck even more. On an organizational level at least; individual Jedi can be okay.
And how are the ethics of a space fantasy setting relevant to a scientific journal?

This isn't Wookiepedia.

Is the information bad or are we just mad at verbiage? Like, 95% chance I could get a gender critical feminist in that thread to say that women aren't people.
Mad? No. Perplexed? Yes.

If it wants to use dehumanizing language, that's their truck. Doesn't mean I can't roll my eyes, raise an eyebrow, and laugh at it in the process.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And how are the ethics of a space fantasy setting relevant to a scientific journal?

This isn't Wookiepedia.
There is zero context to that picture, not even a link to the article, so I have zero ways of answering that question.

Mad? No. Perplexed? Yes.

If it wants to use dehumanizing language, that's their truck. Doesn't mean I can't roll my eyes, raise an eyebrow, and laugh at it in the process.
True, it's probably a bad pull quote in Current Year. Don't get how it's dehumanizing though. Certainly less awkward than "The anatomy and physiology of women, non-binary people, and trans men with vaginas have been neglected".

I personally prefer precise language when it come to medical stuff.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Certainly less awkward than "The anatomy and physiology of women, non-binary people, and trans men with vaginas have been neglected".

I personally prefer precise language when it come to medical stuff.
Actually, what you wrote is less awkward IMO.

You could replace it with "women" and be correct biologically, but if you're going to cover special cases, it's still better than lumping people together as "people with vaginas."