Funny Events of the "Woke" world

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

I will never understand the obsession with "lack of sex scenes in movies and tv", let alone trying to frame this as a sign of authoritarianism or fascism. It's especially ridiculous complaining about lack of sex scenes in superhero movies of all things. This is no different than whining about a lack of bouncing breasts in video games.
Uh, Terminator 2 didn't have a sex scene in the theatrical release, and it's widely regarded as the best in the franchise. (I think there was supposed to be a flashback, but that got cut.)

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Putting that sex scene in there was very important to the story
In fairness, it kinda is important in the comic, and is clearly not for titillation.

Can't recall the film rendition of the scene though.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

I will never understand the obsession with "lack of sex scenes in movies and tv", let alone trying to frame this as a sign of authoritarianism or fascism. It's especially ridiculous complaining about lack of sex scenes in superhero movies of all things. This is no different than whining about a lack of bouncing breasts in video games.
Someone want to remind this clueless ratbag that Aliens didn't have a sex scene either and kicks as much ass as The Terminator. Oh, and they were made by the same person. And pitched at the same age group. Its almost as if one had a plot reason for sex and the other didn't and audiences didn't get fucking hung up on it.

Also, some other 70s and 80s classics that don't have sex scenes include Commando, Rambo First Blood (part one and two), Predator, Rocky, the Back to the Future trilogy, Superman, Batman, Beverly Hills Cop, Die Hard (1-3), The Untouchables. Are they sexless? Or are they written around something specific and neither their writers or directors saw fit to screech the pacing to a halt to have a pair of naked breasts bounce around the screen.

And lastly, most superhero movies are aiming for the same spaces as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Rollicking adventures that basically the whole family can enjoy without it getting awkward.

Uh, Terminator 2 didn't have a sex scene in the theatrical release, and it's widely regarded as the best in the franchise. (I think there was supposed to be a flashback, but that got cut.)
Terminator 2 doesn't have a sex scene in ANY version. The flashback, which is in the Director's Cut, is just Reese appearing to Sarah while she's in the hospital. They make out for like five seconds and the whole thing feels very tragic. Because while James Cameron can be very tasteless - Lookin' at you, infidelity subplot of True Lies - it seemed he thought better of having the traumatised woman have a sex dream after she'd been forcibly sedated. Even if the only reason may have been that Linda threatened to crush his nuts in her, likely at that point, vice like grip if he tried.

Last edited:

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Still, the kiss scene in Princess Bride was useless.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Also, some other 70s and 80s classics that don't have sex scenes include Commando, Rambo First Blood (part one and two), Predator, Rocky, the Back to the Future trilogy, Superman, Batman, Beverly Hills Cop, Die Hard (1-3), The Untouchables. Are they sexless? Or are they written around something specific and neither their writers or directors saw fit to screech the pacing to a halt to have a pair of naked breasts bounce around the screen.
Ackchyually, Die Hard 1 had boobies. They were pointless boobies cuz 80's, but they were there. I know, I wasted braincells remembering that... *sigh*
Would you fuck around with a woman who could one-handedly cock a shotgun?
No, I would marry her on the spot.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

I have not really encountered the so called obsession, but this article I thought was really fascinating:
My own thoughts is that in my youth I obsessed over how things were presented and one of the ways this expressed itself was that public displays of sexuality was a bit taboo for me and there were public support that such showcases were not good which lead to me getting stuck on the sex=bad bandwagon when it came to media. That is an attitude I don't really have any more, since sex-negativity is not something I wish to subscribe to, but if I have felt that way by pop cultural osmosis odds are someone else also has and if they ended up in charge of media production then that is an attitude that informs the media they create. Which in turn forms a backlash, exemplified by the linked article.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I have not really encountered the so called obsession, but this article I thought was really fascinating:
My own thoughts is that in my youth I obsessed over how things were presented and one of the ways this expressed itself was that public displays of sexuality was a bit taboo for me and there were public support that such showcases were not good which lead to me getting stuck on the sex=bad bandwagon when it came to media. That is an attitude I don't really have any more, since sex-negativity is not something I wish to subscribe to, but if I have felt that way by pop cultural osmosis odds are someone else also has and if they ended up in charge of media production then that is an attitude that informs the media they create. Which in turn forms a backlash, exemplified by the linked article.
I've read that article before. Personally, I think both it and the tweet I linked to are examples of going too far in the opposite direction by perceiving prudishness and sex-negativity where none exists. It's especially absurd since they're complaining about a lack of sexiness in superhero movies when pre-MCU films didn't have them in abundance either. These guys are looking at a lack of sex scenes in one specific genre and making ridiculous leaps in logic.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
On a related note, I'm confident that I could fight a serious bodybuilder when they were competing, and win, because in order to show off their muscles, they have to dehydrate themselves to absurd levels. To the extent that fainting during competitions isn't unknown. With my much superior physique due to drinking water, I'd be in massively better shape.

Which is very silly.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ackchyually, Die Hard 1 had boobies. They were pointless boobies cuz 80's, but they were there. I know, I wasted braincells remembering that...
Then you got a better memory than me cos I don’t remember any naked women in Die Hard at all. I’m guessing they were a pair of guests having some slap and tickle in an office when Hans and co. kicked the door in.

EDIT: also I’m making a distinction between casual nudity and a full blown sex/love scene. It’s why Predator 2 wasn’t listed cos it does have one.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
That honestly sounds more like an event for anti woke world. Given its a bunch of creeps being angry they can't simp over pretty girls..um I mean woman.
There are plenty of women in Genshin the problem isn’t a bunch of Koreans talking in their language about LGBTQ rights it’s annoying westerners butting in when they don’t even understand Korean to call all Korean men incels.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
In fairness, it kinda is important in the comic, and is clearly not for titillation.

Can't recall the film rendition of the scene though.
Superficially similar but missing the vibe, like most Snyderisms
There are plenty of women in Genshin the problem isn’t a bunch of Koreans talking in their language about LGBTQ rights it’s annoying westerners butting in when they don’t even understand Korean to call all Korean men incels.
I mean, we're like a month out from the Project Moon offices getting raided because a gaggle of korean dudes* were mad over blatant bullshit.

*not all Korean dudes, office isn't big enough for that

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Can you show examples of where liberals claimed all korean men are incels? Honestly this just reads more like the whatever-color-pill "Asian Masculinity"* crap you've parroted in previous rants.

*To be clear, I'm not talking about the masculinity of Asian people. I'm talking about a specific MGTOW/incel-adjacent group that uses that term.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Can you show examples of where liberals claimed all korean men are incels? Honestly this just reads more like the whatever-color-pill "Asian Masculinity"* crap you've parroted in previous rants.

*To be clear, I'm not talking about the masculinity of Asian people. I'm talking about a specific MGTOW/incel-adjacent group that uses that term.
Look at the comments on the Genshin video, I am not doing your work for you.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Then you got a better memory than me cos I don’t remember any naked women in Die Hard at all. I’m guessing they were a pair of guests having some slap and tickle in an office when Hans and co. kicked the door in.
That was it. IIRC, because the terrorists were busy looking at the semi-naked woman, they weren't looking for McClane's legging it.