Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes. Orange man was bad. There's little use saying it condescendingly when its a sure fact that orange man was indeed extremely bad.
So how is the rampant inflation, mass shortages massive increase in drilling rights, abandonment of Trump era plans to limit price gouging medication, massive lack of transparency, Border crisis that is far worse than it ever was under Trump, the pull out of Afghanistan leaving millions in both US currency and military hardware for the Taliban. So far seems like Biden is making a real shit show of it on most levels. I mean it wasn't Trump son found in photos to be smoking crack in bed with prostitutes lol

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So how is the rampant inflation, mass shortages massive increase in drilling rights, abandonment of Trump era plans to limit price gouging medication, massive lack of transparency, Border crisis that is far worse than it ever was under Trump, the pull out of Afghanistan leaving millions in both US currency and military hardware for the Taliban. So far seems like Biden is making a real shit show of it on most levels. I mean it wasn't Trump son found in photos to be smoking crack in bed with prostitutes lol
No Trump's son didn't hire prostitutes. He just directly profited off daddy's presidency which is far worse. And his son in law got rank and favor solely for being his son in law, just as his daughter did solely for being his daughter. When comparing kids its an argument your side can only lose because Hunter isn't relevant to the administration.

A lot of those things would always have happened either ways. They're things that happen globally in countries where Biden isn't president either. And for a side that's always maintained they just wanted out no matter the cost they sure are getting whiny about the costs when its not their guy pulling out. Biden seems a mediocre president but he's not the walking disaster area that Trump has been.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No Trump's son didn't hire prostitutes. He just directly profited off daddy's presidency which is far worse. And his son in law got rank and favor solely for being his son in law, just as his daughter did solely for being his daughter. When comparing kids its an argument your side can only lose because Hunter isn't relevant to the administration.

A lot of those things would always have happened either ways. They're things that happen globally in countries where Biden isn't president either. And for a side that's always maintained they just wanted out no matter the cost they sure are getting whiny about the costs when its not their guy pulling out. Biden seems a mediocre president but he's not the walking disaster area that Trump has been.
So about that whole fact Biden's son got his job primarily by being Biden's son.

As for pulling out it's not about pulling out so much as the sheer incompetence doing it. The Syria withdrawal wasn't anywhere near this bad.

Also Biden is as much if not more of a walking disaster of Trump it's just not reported on or covered as much it seems, at least inside the USA lol

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Right. And the term for that kind of person is?
Transsexual.
Guys! You're arguing with a guy who thinks the concept of gender is younger than 56 years old.
I've been on this forum longer than the currently vogue concept of gender. I remember when the fashionable phrase was "gender is a social construct". We're now talking about gender as an inherent characteristic to every human, distinct from sex but also potentially biologically determined, and applying that concept to times and places that had vastly different social constructs than we do now. Gender, as categories of human beings, is a 20th century idea. The word transgender is only 47 years old. The way people are currently treating gender is much, much younger than that. It doesn't matter much if there were people thousands of years ago who wished to be the opposite sex, a idea of a person with a penis believing themselves to be a woman inherently is something that's sprung up within our lifetimes.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So about that whole fact Biden's son got his job primarily by being Biden's son.

As for pulling out it's not about pulling out so much as the sheer incompetence doing it. The Syria withdrawal wasn't anywhere near this bad.

Also Biden is as much if not more of a walking disaster of Trump it's just not reported on or covered as much it seems, at least inside the USA lol
Not the same. A company wanting to boost its image by attaching itself to a widely admired administration is not the same as Biden directly installing Hunter and giving him power over the nation.

But sheer incompetence was never considered a problem. Just packing up and leaving would have been celebrated if Trump had done it. The costs were never considered an issue then, only now when its a stick to beat the opposition with.

Come back to us when Biden claims covid goes away in spring, purposefully torches America's relations with his allies or gets the capitol stormed. Only then can we say they're about equall.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Transsexual.
And the functional difference, in the time before hormone treatments and effective sex change operations is...?
These people felt so strongly about being the opposite gender that they volunteered for suicidal surgery attempting transplants that we don't have the tech to do *now*.
I've been on this forum longer than the currently vogue concept of gender. I remember when the fashionable phrase was "gender is a social construct". We're now talking about gender as an inherent characteristic to every human, distinct from sex but also potentially biologically determined, and applying that concept to times and places that had vastly different social constructs than we do now. Gender, as categories of human beings, is a 20th century idea. The word transgender is only 47 years old. The way people are currently treating gender is much, much younger than that. It doesn't matter much if there were people thousands of years ago who wished to be the opposite sex, a idea of a person with a penis believing themselves to be a woman inherently is something that's sprung up within our lifetimes.
The semantic argument to end all semantic arguments.

Like, the way people currently treat *anything* is younger than this forum. Society has always been malleable. There's a half dozen slurs you used to be able to call people on this forum without much repercussion that aren't acceptable now. Congratulations, language evolved.

Reactions: Avnger

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Perhaps it's silly of me not to treat crossdressing and prostitution as equivalent to the current concept of transgenderism.
Christ, you're like a child caught with cake on their face but still claiming the dog ate it anyway. Either you can't comprehend being wrong or you believe we're stupid enough to not see through your games to the obvious. Neither is a good look for you.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not the same. A company wanting to boost its image by attaching itself to a widely admired administration is not the same as Biden directly installing Hunter and giving him power over the nation.

But sheer incompetence was never considered a problem. Just packing up and leaving would have been celebrated if Trump had done it. The costs were never considered an issue then, only now when its a stick to beat the opposition with.

Come back to us when Biden claims covid goes away in spring, purposefully torches America's relations with his allies or gets the capitol stormed. Only then can we say they're about equall.
yeh sure they just mysteriously have a lot of his artwork selling to company CEOs who may or may not suddenly get lots of nice contracts.

Also it's the fact Biden didn't even pack up that's part of the issue lol.

Also as a reminder Biden was one of the people on about the vaccine being unsafe under Trump. Hell Biden says so little most of the time he doesn't have time to say anything Trump like in between mumbling about getting ice cream or whatever he so often is oh and using the N word in relation to people (the one ending in O)

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The concept of trans you're talking about is genuinely younger than Rowling. You're upset at the old person not getting the Pokemans.
It's absolutely not.

Even if we take the modern, post-medical definition of being trans, that's been around since at least the early 20th century, but even in the late 19th century we can still identify people who clearly understood themselves as what we would call trans (even if they used different terms). The only reason we can't go back all the way into prehistory is because once you get to the 18th century the whole understanding of sex and gender becomes so alien from anything that exists today that it's hard to draw the line. But the concept of being trans is certainly as old as the concept of "biological sex."

And yes, concepts evolve, and things have definitely changed a lot in the years JK Rowling has been alive, but that doesn't really mean anything. The weird lesbian feminist "gender critical" bullshit that JK Rowling seems to base her entire worldview on is also a lot younger than she is too. There's this thing called reading, and I would assume that someone so insanely privileged they could buy a personal fleet of Boeing 747s and still never need to work again would have time to do it, especially someone who has the absolute female balls to claim they've researched this topic.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
The concept of gender didn't exist. You are either conflating any social norms as modern gender theory, or outright making up nonsense
You make shit up, dude. You really do. Nonbianry gender roles have been a thing in non-European civilizations for millennia.

Are you referring to the ones about sex change research?

Perhaps it's silly of me not to treat crossdressing and prostitution as equivalent to the current concept of transgenderism.
See, there you go again, making shit up. You argue semantics because you're not able to argue substance.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
yeh sure they just mysteriously have a lot of his artwork selling to company CEOs who may or may not suddenly get lots of nice contracts.

Also it's the fact Biden didn't even pack up that's part of the issue lol.

Also as a reminder Biden was one of the people on about the vaccine being unsafe under Trump. Hell Biden says so little most of the time he doesn't have time to say anything Trump like in between mumbling about getting ice cream or whatever he so often is oh and using the N word in relation to people (the one ending in O)
He stated that he thought Trump was rushing the process. There's not much I agree with Biden on but this was a possibility I did agree thus I let others take the vaccine first. But I personally dont see this as a Trump thing. A vaccine being ready in 12 mths gets an eye brow raise from me

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
How do you explain stories like Mulan? Or are we just doing one way