Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oh, agreed. I worry somewhat about the other things you're funding when you buy from others, but I don't know how much of that is war on drugs lies 🤷‍♂️. Also, opening the tent is like getting inside a giant SAD lamp. Glorious.
I'm actually pointing out what people are reporting to me because I thought it might be propaganda.... but this is a small sample size who are using similar suppliers so it might be a localized issue

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Of course they are.

Many of them claim to represent a religion that literally preaches that poverty and chastity are morally virtuous. Are we not supposed to hold them to that standard?
But that's generally a small subsection of them mostly the very devout religious ones at most and even then only a small % of them

What exactly is "toxic" about trying to get laid?

I'm genuinely interested in this one, because I think it's really revealing of the difference between how you imagine your political opponents think and how they actually do.
Dude is literally changing himself so much just to get laid. It should throw into doubt his entire substance just based on how he's changing to follow what be believes is most likely to get him laid.

This is he same cycle all over again from the past lol

Man the pre breadtube days seem to have already been forgotten by some.

Like how many Joss Whedons or Harvey Weinsteins will it take before people recognise it as a concerning pattern? (as a reminder Harvey Weintein really wanted people to know how he was #withher. )

Why does that make you fed up?

Like, worse case scenario, what you're describing is a bad person being rewarded. Is that unusual? What better or more deserving person do you think should be in that position? Whose success do you think we should be happy about?
Not unusual but disappointing to see. I'd rather see I dunno Destiny taking that kind of spot as at least the dude seems to actually believe he stances.

It annoys me because there will be no change. No difference. Same bullshit different coat of paint.

Dwarvenhobble clearly doesn't.
I don't have to.
There's enough of you lot trying to do that too then getting pissed off that people you call right wing aren't conforming to what you think despite them saying multiple times they're not right wing.

The right has authentic voices?
Worryingly so yes.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
All at the same time?
No, over a space of a decade

Edit: I'll note that at this time, I was still very much a conservative. I wasn't tolerant of people and said some f'ed shit. Which kinda goes against the hair... but anyway

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I thought I might point out the difference in the term authentic

There are times when conservatives use the term and it means someone saying something racist/ homophobic/ anti-immigrant etc and pretending it's authentic/ truth. It's why evangelicals loved Trump so much - 'he was speaking the truth'. No, he wasn't telling any truth. He was claiming authenticity when therr was none

So, at a guess, DH means not these people. Tommy Robinson, Dennis Prager or Nigel Farage maybe. Someone who says something and truly believes it, even if it destroys their own country.... Nigel

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
"Authentic" usually strikes me as the sort of word people bandy about in a way that's mostly completely meaningless. It often seems to mean "Opens their fat gob and says whatever's on their mind with no tact, sensitivity or useful knowledge of a topic".

I mean, I would argue PM Rishi Sunak is as authentic as anyone: he surely does act and rule just like an extraordinarily rich, public school and Oxbridge-educated, finance industry background technocrat.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
"Authentic" usually strikes me as the sort of word people bandy about in a way that's mostly completely meaningless. It often seems to mean "Opens their fat gob and says whatever's on their mind with no tact, sensitivity or useful knowledge of a topic".

I mean, I would argue PM Rishi Sunak is as authentic as anyone: he surely does act and rule just like an extraordinarily rich, public school and Oxbridge-educated, finance industry background technocrat.
I mean, there's a reason I usually start tricky conversations with definitions because sometimes we use words in very different ways

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Edit: I'll note that at this time, I was still very much a conservative. I wasn't tolerant of people and said some f'ed shit. Which kinda goes against the hair... but anyway
Not sure how that goes against the hair... okay, maybe the purple... But then again I attended a notoriously conservative leaning university and a lot of the law, business and accounting students all did the 'rebellious hair style/colour' in their 1st and 2nd years.

Reactions: Trunkage

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So you know when a certain side are trying to claim they're not planting certain ideas or trying to "groom" kids to adopt certain ideas?

Yeh bad look when it's apparently suddenly in pre-school shows

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

There are times when conservatives use the term and it means someone saying something racist/ homophobic/ anti-immigrant etc and pretending it's authentic/ truth. It's why evangelicals loved Trump so much - 'he was speaking the truth'. No, he wasn't telling any truth. He was claiming authenticity when therr was none

So, at a guess, DH means not these people. Tommy Robinson, Dennis Prager or Nigel Farage maybe. Someone who says something and truly believes it, even if it destroys their own country.... Nigel
I was more meaning some of the more backwater preacher types on about hell fire and all that.

Also Nigel Farage and authenticity is a great joke

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So you know when a certain side are trying to claim they're not planting certain ideas or trying to "groom" kids to adopt certain ideas?

Yeh bad look when it's apparently suddenly in pre-school shows

I literally have no problems with this. Is it something they stated in particular? Because, IMO, kids should know that transpeople exist

I hope this also makes you realise that all the time in adult and kids media where characters are talking about 'being myself', you realise that it's trans propoganda, even if they aren't 'changing genders'

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So are we going to see literal professional Jordan Peterson reply guys like happened with Trump, like some of those dude were making like $3K a month just for posting insults to every tweet Trump posted and taking Patreon funding.
If Peterson and Trump is allowed to make millions off insulting people, so can everyone else

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I literally have no problems with this. Is it something they stated in particular? Because, IMO, kids should know that transpeople exist

I hope this also makes you realise that all the time in adult and kids media where characters are talking about 'being myself', you realise that it's trans propoganda, even if they aren't 'changing genders'
1 - It's not Transgender it's nonbinary.
2 - It's something with literally 0 scientific evidence supporting it but has been glomming itself onto Transgenderism (which has scientific evidence supporting it).