Gabe Newell Acknowledges Frustrations With Half-Life 3

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
I don't care how much longer it takes as long as it's good, and given Valve's past games we can trust them. And has Half Life 2: Episode 3 been abandoned? It seems he's only referring to HL3.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
James Ennever said:
I like halo for the story and art, I know that makes me a hypocrite but?. I keep off the multiplayer and only in firefight?? plus bioshock and deus ex?.

Plus considering that in COD you do not have to aim to get kill and all your kills are arabs, I feel better about my halo fetish. In short I like GOOD shooters that have some originality, and do not make me feel bad at shooting the father of three.
I liked bastion.. And I will admit liked guitar hero number 3, all the rest are to cash grabby though, And all the good songs are dlc.
No catwoman? No me simple plus it is just rude to hold a component of the game printed on the disk hostage. What if you live in an area where xbox live is to laggy like in the southern most pint of Australia? Then you are screwed.
Halo is pretty good too, but you really shouldn't dismiss COD. I take it you play most of your shooters on the XBox seeing as how you complain about the aim assistance. The Halo aim assistance is a work of art, honestly, and it's so perfectly subtle that you almost feel like each headshot with the sniper is unassisted. The COD one is a little more blatant, but it's an even handicap that everyone gets. If it's still a problem you should try it on PC (where there is not any aim assistance, and kills are all legitimate.)

Hiroshi Mishima said:
TomLikesGuitar, I feel someone may have hit a nerve with how adamantly you pick apart James' message(s).
Lol, you should check my post history. I pick apart everything. It's just how my brain works.

I myself see nothing remotely interesting about the Battlefield or Call of Duty/Modern Warefare games. It's less to do with being intellectual and more to do with my not liking twitch-shooters, lackluster single-player campaigns, and games that focus on multiplayer above single-player.. especially when the SP feels more like an afterthought. Gears of War, while interesting, is so hard to make out any of the action cause of the colour-schemes of rust, dirt, grey, and blood.

IE, just cause I don't like your game doesn't mean you need to list a buncha reasons why I'm wrong. Especially if I prefer singleplayer to multiplayer.
I didn't list reasons he was wrong, I listed other games because I felt that he wasn't giving some games a fair chance.

Battlefield is NOT a twitch shooter, however. The two main game-types dissuade players from the whole "RUN IN AND HAVE A GUN BATTLE" idea that is MW. Personally, I like both, but I consider myself someone who likes any type of game.

Anyways, I do actually have lots of games to play while I wait, which is one of the reasons I rarely say anything about HL3. Ironically, most of them are games older than the Xbox, or even HL2. I really need to go through my backlog..
That's good then.

My main point is just that it's unfair to say, "There is nothing good to play." All of the games I listed are great games, and there is no denying that. They are incredibly polished and VERY well made. The thing is that you guys dislike certain genres.

Just because you're a picky eater doesn't mean that the food on the table isn't good. You just don't like it. I just really hope you've really tried it before you say it sucks.

James Ennever

Jul 11, 2011
Hiroshi Mishima said:
TomLikesGuitar, I feel someone may have hit a nerve with how adamantly you pick apart James' message(s).

I myself see nothing remotely interesting about the Battlefield or Call of Duty/Modern Warefare games. It's less to do with being intellectual and more to do with my not liking twitch-shooters, lackluster single-player campaigns, and games that focus on multiplayer above single-player.. especially when the SP feels more like an afterthought. Gears of War, while interesting, is so hard to make out any of the action cause of the colour-schemes of rust, dirt, grey, and blood.

IE, just cause I don't like your game doesn't mean you need to list a buncha reasons why I'm wrong. Especially if I prefer singleplayer to multiplayer.

Anyways, I do actually have lots of games to play while I wait, which is one of the reasons I rarely say anything about HL3. Ironically, most of them are games older than the Xbox, or even HL2. I really need to go through my backlog..
Good idea, Hell If I did A good duke nuken sequel might come out in the decade I am gone, soo many good games... "Destroy all humans", odd world abes revenge".....