Galaxies Players Headed Towards Dark Side With Lawsuit

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
I can understand that people are upset over the game being shut down, but they are wasting their time, it is highly unlikely any court will bother to enteratin this lawsuit.

Really, if SOE should have been sued for anything it should have been sued for the NGE.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:
Can you even do that? Sue the company that made the game you've played for however many years because they want to shut it down? That seems like suing Mcdonalds because they stopped making your favorite meal after 10 years.
I'm betting there is at least one crazy person that has contemplated suing McDonald's over the McRib being a part of the menu on and off.

I never knew why fast food and other restaurants do such things. It always seams like such foods that they do that with are really popular, but instead of making it available all the time, they make it like some rare treat that comes once every other blue moon, but I guess that is the point. They think it will sell better if they keep it in sporadic supply.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:

We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Should I have your ship standing by?
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
That's...pretty damn funny. Star Wars crushes face.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
guess Sony has a short term memory. remember what happened last time they threatened to sue a random guy who spoke out/disrupted the community? Lulzsec happened, please don't let it happen again.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Sad this is what it's coming to. I have a friend whose dedicated years to this game, and while i have never been that involved, i still have a galaxies character. sad days, and this just makes the community look bad.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

I mean seriously,IT'S SONY'S GAME THEY CAN SHUT IT DOWN WHENEVER THEY LIKE! And the fact of the matter is that a much better Star Wars MMO is coming out soon anyway. Why do these people think they can sue just because "BAWWWWWWWW! Now I won't be able to play a game that a company shut down for financial purposes. WAHHHHHHH!!! I WANT MONEY BECAUSE SONY HAS NO RIGHT TO SHUT DOWN SOMETHING I LIKE!!!"

Besides,there are a million better FREE experiences out there,hey did you hear that Team Fortress 2 is free now? Go play that.

satorisatya

Mar 6, 2011
The morals to this story are:

1. People that buy games that can only be fully enjoyed ONLINE (and that require a monthly fee to keep playing them), are 99.999999% stupid. And cannot complain when the servers EVENTUALLY go down. Because they will go down... eventually.

2. Don't buy any online games that have a freakin' license like Star Wars. Especially for a Sony console.

3. Don't buy any more Sony online games.

4. Just stay away from playing or doing anything online on a Sony console. PERIOD.