Game Articles and Videos Thread

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I so wish this was real.

Could happen, resident evil is big and SE seems to slowly be returning to some semblance of sanity. Hell I'd take a PC port, I wouldn't replaying them, its been awhile.

I always liked 2 more personally, 1 setting was much better, but weapon/power variety wasn't that great.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
SE seems to slowly be returning to some semblance of sanity.
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Even without the NFTs, Square treats the property like an abused step child chained in the attic. There also might be copyright reasons the video games are sequels to the book and movie. This is more so noticeable from the first game, as events from both the original novel, and the live-action adaption are used as the backstory and world building. SE would have to get permission from the original author, or his estate. Though when I last checked, the author is very much still alive.

The 3rd Birthday completely killed the series, and was greenlit and made by a bunch idiots that had no idea what they were doing.

Reactions: meiam

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Even without the NFTs, Square treats the property like an abused step child chained in the attic. There also might be copyright reasons the video games are sequels to the book and movie. This is more so noticeable from the first game, as events from both the original novel, and the live-action adaption are used as the backstory and world building. SE would have to get permission from the original author, or his estate. Though when I last checked, the author is very much still alive.

The 3rd Birthday completely killed the series, and was greenlit and made by a bunch idiots that had no idea what they were doing.
I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that SE, like Konami before them, really wants to ditch this whole "Video Game" thing and wants to make NFTs instead, much like Konami is obsessed with fucking Packinoslots.

If that's the case, I hope they find The Spirits Within levels of Success in their venture.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that SE, like Konami before them, really wants to ditch this whole "Video Game" thing and wants to make NFTs instead, much like Konami is obsessed with fucking Packinoslots.

If that's the case, I hope they find The Spirits Within levels of Success in their venture.
At least pachinko fucking print money, NFT were a thing for like 3 weeks before everybody realize having your name next a to a link to a random picture in an excel spreadsheet is maybe not worth the price of a car.

And yeah 3rd birthday really kill the PE series. I don't even know what they were thinking there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can we get someone to remake the Simpsons Arcade game like Shredders revenge does for TMNT arcade games?

I would also like the ALIENS arcade game to get this treatment.
First we get an X-Men arcade game in the style of the 90s show. We get Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Rouge, Cyclops, Beast, and Jubilee as playable characters! With Colossus and X-23 as unlockable characters! Then Tribute Games will do The Simpsons. After that, you can do whatever the hell you want!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
First we get an X-Men arcade game in the style of the 90s show. We get Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Rouge, Cyclops, Beast, and Jubilee as playable characters! With Colossus and X-23 as unlockable characters! Then Tribute Games will do The Simpsons. After that, you can do whatever the hell you want!
I'd be cool with that too.

Reactions: BrawlMan