Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Heat wasn't a bad game, and I did have some fun with Hot Pursuit back in the day, but I can't really see myself getting another Need for Speed game except at a really heavy discount.
I'm looking to just buy Nitro for cheap and have fun with that. I know Heat isn't bad, but okay and a step in the right direction.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like I said before, live services are mostly dead, but they still exist with the ones that actually do it right, or fighting games. Most of those AAA fighting games don't do it well though. It's usually the free to play, Indie or XBLA fighting games that get the service model right.

Best comment from this user:

X.A.N.A
16 minutes ago
Hi Fi Rush is also a good example of the game industry lying about their obsessive need to pretend like any and all games need to be blowing up in terms of how much they cost for the consumer. They can release a fantastic game for 30 bucks and it's clearly doing extremely well as a financial investment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I highly recommend everyone watch the recent Yovideogames podcast. They go deep in about gaming journalism from the past and now. They also go into detail about how it's not about gaming anymore, it's just that a lot of these gaming sites cover all media now. Media journalism. It's not exactly a bad thing, but that's what a lot of sites do now. Most rarely ever cover just the gaming niche only. Those are usually done by independent sites or reviewers not part of the mainstream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, remember when people whose grandparents hadn't even been born before World War II were going on social media declaring that the Fukushima disaster was "GOD'S VENGENCE FOR PEARL HARBOR!"?
They didn't mean the movie ?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yeah, remember when people whose grandparents hadn't even been born before World War II were going on social media declaring that the Fukushima disaster was "GOD'S VENGENCE FOR PEARL HARBOR!"?

That vindictiveness is baked in deep.
Japan can be blamed for shit when it comes to Fukushima, but that's just fucking stupid and (likely) racist. Not you, the people saying that shit.

They didn't mean the movie ?
That movie was it's own punishment.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Japan can be blamed for shit when it comes to Fukushima, but that's just fucking stupid and (likely) racist. Not you, the people saying that shit.
Based on how a professor once described it to me, the power plant was dai ichi, or gen 1 in other terms. The oldest kind that still functioned. So yeah they had failed to modernize it or account for issues that could arise with having the power generator in the lowest floor.

And man, I was in a happy bubble in college at the time cause the only stuff I heard was words of support for Japan at the time, we even did a cool fundraiser for them. People can be idiots so no surprises though.