Game Articles and Videos Thread

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wait... they had access to freaking Romero for a RE adaptation and they just said "nah"?! That'd be like having access to Carpenter for a dead space movie and saying no or Tarantino for a GTA or Leone for a red dead redemption. You can't say no to someone who literally defined what your making.

Sometime I wish exec for big company were really all greedy son of a *****, cause they wouldn't let something like that pass. Instead their just dumb.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wait... they had access to freaking Romero for a RE adaptation and they just said "nah"?! That'd be like having access to Carpenter for a dead space movie and saying no or Tarantino for a GTA or Leone for a red dead redemption. You can't say no to someone who literally defined what your making.

Sometime I wish exec for big company were really all greedy son of a *****, cause they wouldn't let something like that pass. Instead their just dumb.
This had been speculated/known for years, but a few years ago more of the truth was revealed. I am a little surprised you didn't know about this, but I do not blame you. It all boiled down to hot shot execs interfering where they don't belong, and saying "the audience doesn't want that!". For all the flaws of the first draft, it is more accurate to the games, than any of the WS Anderson films. They literally had something in the palm of their hands, only to politely tell Romero to fuck off.

Reactions: meiam

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia

Setting aside how good/bad it looks, having interactive smoke as a gameplay element kinda blows my mind.

If they ever make a Portal 3, I fully expect to have to turn on fans to blow coloured smoke through portals and into places.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Really makes me sad that none of the games are available on PC outside of emulation.

I really do kinda like the idea behind the first one, where you basically are locked in a debt spiral which makes you cynically do anything to make some money.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

As a younger guy, retro games hold very little appeal for me. This game though, besides being a Warhammer game, looks pretty damn good. Not too ugly too be annoying to look at, not too pretty that it loses its charm.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Fans of games be making some exemplary films, yo.

I've been following this guy for a while now. While he lacks the textures, lighting, and other advance special effects of other animators, he more than makes up for it with his animation style, attention to detail, and the ability to tell a story with basically no voice acting. He's recently finished his long ass Halo video, excited to see which franchise he picks up next.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I really do kinda like the idea behind the first one, where you basically are locked in a debt spiral which makes you cynically do anything to make some money.
That was still kinda in the background of most of them. Like in 2 if you have too much debt you're forced to be used as a test subject for experiment. In gameplay term it gives you cheat code (so its kinda of a catch up mechanic).

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Jackfrags explores some of the new content available with Epic's Unreal Editor for Fortnite.

I've long said that allowing the community to create content can seriously boost a game's popularity and longevity. This is something on another level, though.

Reactions: BrawlMan