Game Articles and Videos Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I didn't know there was an unwritten rule. Written or not; official or not, it looks like the developers don't give a damn.
Whether they do or not, thanks, I hate it. Its fine tho, it can go in the "it dont exist" drawer
We'll see.
Or maybe we wont. Not rare for these games to get announced and never release.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Was watching some trailers. Came across this.

I hate it. I hate it so much. And if you saw that title and clicked, you probably hate it too.
I mean, name aside, it looks like a lifeless attempt at combining TERA and Final Fantasy XV. How is that rewind gimmick even supposed to work online?

Redfall isn't bad because it chases a trend, it's bad because it executed it badly.
Like I commented on SkillUp's video: They did it late, and they did it badly.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
After 4 years of radio silence Swordless Link finally releases a new video:

I'm not really interested in a TAS, but I'm just shocked, I thought for sure he was dead by this point.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yes. Open-World (More Semi-Open/Hub World) Horror Can Work.

Earning Adrenaline in Vanquish

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Who's still beating "the horror games are dead" drum? It was bullcrap about 10 years ago, and is still bullcrap now.
Any time you see an article arguing "<Genre> is dead", you can safely skip it because you know they're peddling shit. Will genres go into decline after a peak? Sure. But it's pretty much gurenteed something will be worked on and released now and again, unless it's something very niche but in that case there's probably only a handful of examples regardless.

Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Will genres go into decline after a peak? Sure. But it's pretty much gurenteed something will be worked on and released now and again, unless it's something very niche but in that case there's probably only a handful of examples regardless.
What bothers me is the person(s) peddling this have no fucking proof, or assume gamers or a certain crowd of gamers/people are that stupid. The horror genre is thriving in all sectors of gaming! Did you idiots assume no one knew, nor heard about Dead Space Remake or RE4Remake already out on store shelves? Are you grifting jackasses hoping the common gamer didn't know about Steam or the indie horror titles released on almost all the consoles?! Hell, the Switch and PS4/PS5 get more of the horror indie titles than the XBOX! Screw off, and throws yourselves off a bridge! If you got nothing important to say, just "trolling", or an asshole who hates a specific genre, sit your ass down, shut up, and let real people talk about genres that are breathing or doing fine with their respective audiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Any time you see an article arguing "<Genre> is dead", you can safely skip it because you know they're peddling shit. Will genres go into decline after a peak? Sure. But it's pretty much gurenteed something will be worked on and released now and again, unless it's something very niche but in that case there's probably only a handful of examples regardless.
Not just for genres either.

“PC Gaming is Dead!”
“Indie Gaming is Dead!”
“Nintendo is Dead!”
“PlayStation is Dead”
“Xbox is Dead!”

- All still around and going strong. Well, the vast majority at least.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
“PC Gaming is Dead!”
“Indie Gaming is Dead!”
“Nintendo is Dead!”
“PlayStation is Dead”
“Xbox is Dead!”
"Beat'em ups and Hack n Slashers are dead!"
"Devil May Cry is dead!"
"(Old) God of War is dead!"
"Call of Duty is dead!" Metaphorically speaking, yes...
"Sandbox is dead!"
"Free 2 Play is dead!"
"Killer is Dead!"

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

So, on one hand, this game looks facinating and I admire it's commitment to the bit. OTOH, it looks so incredibly frustrating that I'm pretty sure I could never bring myself to play it through.

But that's okay. People who get really into that survival horror/masochistic mood need something like this and I hope they enjoy the shit out of it.

Best bit..... "That's when I realized I had reached the game's halfway point.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan