Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So, on one hand, this game looks facinating and I admire it's commitment to the bit. OTOH, it looks so incredibly frustrating that I'm pretty sure I could never bring myself to play it through.

But that's okay. People who get really into that survival horror/masochistic mood need something like this and I hope they enjoy the shit out of it.

Best bit..... "That's when I realized I had reached the game's halfway point.
Crueler than Drakengard 1? Crueler than the Danganronpan series? Cruler than Spec-Ops: The Line or TLOUS II? (I don't have a problem with that.)

I don't see myself playing this much either, but looks more intreging than all of the games I just listed.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Crueler than Drakengard 1? Crueler than the Danganronpan series? Cruler than Spec-Ops: The Line or TLOUS II? (I don't have a problem with that.)

I don't see myself playing this much either, but looks more intreging than all of the games I just listed.
You'd have to ask Mr. Eyepatch Wolf.

Though it sounds like there's very little opportunity to save in Fear and Hunger, if you die, you're essentially starting from scratch. That sounds really rough in a game where a lot of monsters have instant kill attacks, you can starve to death, get limbs cut off, bleed to death, anyone who dies is dead for that run and there's hidden time limits.

Also the fact monsters can rape you is pretty messed up. It really sounds like a game for masochists.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think I've lost track of how many times Kotaku has been predicted to "go bankrupt" after some story or another.
You notice how it's always from smug YouTube reactionaries who either hate Kotaku, any game journalist, or have an axe to grind with them because of either "politics", opinions on a game, or a crappy article hot take of some kind. Thinking they won or "beat the system". The reactionaries didn't win or beat shit! They're playing right into the system's hands, and most are either unaware or stupid to realize. Every time they report on Kotaku, add links into their videos or video descriptions, or got out of their way to give them coverage, all these imbecicles are doing is giving KT more ad-revenue and clicks.