Game Articles and Videos Thread

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Could also fit in hot takes but anyways -

@deadfr0g10 days ago
Back when Demon’s Souls first dropped, it infamously received a very mixed reception from both the public and critics at the time. I seemed like most people who tried it just weren’t sure what to make of this strange and awkward new style of game. I distinctly remember how the very first group of people that I saw talking up Demon’s Souls really really positively were people on the old SRK fighting game forum. I also remember that, by the time Dark Souls 1 rolled around and the greater/general gaming audience was first really starting to gush over it, there was a whole lot of “Wow, who knew?!?” sentiment about it going around. So, yeah, who knew? Fighting game players. The fighting game players knew.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

I’ve gotten to the point of simply never starting any games I can foresee even a 1% chance of dropping due to losing interest. That’s what very little free time culminates in, and ironically it’s kind of liberating.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I’ve gotten to the point of simply never starting any games I can foresee even a 1% chance of dropping due to losing interest. That’s what very little free time culminates in, and ironically it’s kind of liberating.
I got to that point when I was in my early to mid 20s. Even then, there were plenty of games I knew I wouldn't finish, so I didn't bother touching them after watching a playthrough. You know me at this point. I prefer way shorter games anyway. They usually sending me much more fun, and have more replay value than most 20-40+ hour games. I have more interests in the Shadow of the Ninja Remake, then almost any of the big games coming out this year. Double Dragon guide and gets an update that comes out within a few weeks with three new DLC characters, online, and survival mode. All of them for free. The game is only 4 months away from being a year old now and it's got all these cool updates. The smaller games just look better and better each single time.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Jakey’s back and dives deep into a revisit, now with mods -

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Might help at least partially explain why bigger games are releasing with more performance issues this generation -