United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dynamic music systems like the one Killer Instinct has could make a remarkable difference in gaming music.
And it did. Not to mention the dynamic music from DmC 2013, DMC5, Metal Gear Rising, and Nier Automata. There's also the Donkey Kong Jungle Beat games and Tetris Effect. Both use dynamic music. I don't expect this person to play every single one of these games, but did he not know about these?

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
And it did. Not to mention the dynamic music from DmC 2013, DMC5, Metal Gear Rising, and Nier Automata. There's also the Donkey Kong Jungle Beat games and Tetris Effect. Both use dynamic music. I don't expect this person to play every single one of these games, but did he not know about these?
Also MGS and most Sony exclusives since PS3 era had some form of dynamic music. It often helps cue the player in to what’s happening on screen and to adjust how they play.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Also MGS and most Sony exclusives since PS3 era had some form of dynamic music. It often helps cue the player in to what’s happening on screen and to adjust how they play.
I forgot to mention the Serious Sam franchise! Croteam has been doing dynamic music since the! first! game!

Hi-Fi Rush came out last year, and is coming out on PS5 in a few days!

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
On 31 March 2021, level uploads in Super Mario Maker 1 were disabled, making it finally possible to "beat" the game by clearing every level. Now, there is only 1 level left to clear before the servers shutdown for good on 9 April 2024.
The final level is called 'Trimming The Herbs', and is supposedly extremely hard in ways that aren't obvious if you aren't a top tier player. So far 1115 people have made 92.333 attempts to clear it. It should be noted some if these levels took months to clear. 24 days to go.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The Escapist produced a video, the first one since the mass exodus of contributors:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
The Escapist produced a video, the first one since the mass exodus of contributors:

Well, that certainly is a new direction. Thumbnail comes off pretty outrage youtuber, but the actual content isn't indignant enough, instead more like a content farm article in talking head form: listing off events and referencing, but offering no actual insights.

Anyway, on the subject of the video: whether people knew it or not, that's the trade-off they made for more convenience.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Some footage from the cancelled TimeSplitters game

Yeah, strong "we got Fortnite at home" vibes. If anything, probably better it was cancelled rather than sending this 'also ran' out to die.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
EDIT: Ray, I never went back to Ubisoft. The last game I played from them was Rayman Legends all the way back in 2013 (I did play it again when it was free on PS+ back in 2016), and Trackmania back in 2015. Otherwise, I never got "sucked back in again". I boycotted them officially and that was it. I have even less reasons to go back to them, because there are so many other better games, and I already played the best Assassin's Creed game ever made: Ghost of Tsushima.

Last edited: