Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I made a weapon-adjustment mod for Doom 3, and the very first thing I did was fix that godawful shotgun. Of course, I also made headshots far more important, so I like to think I balanced things out well.
A person in the comments section mentioned doing a similar thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Max's, Kenny's, and Simmons' Reactions

Max's Hands on Preview with Terry in SF6.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
"Snake's initial bag of gear grants you a compass that presents cardinal directions as well as an objective indicator in the lower-left corner of the screen."

Lol. They have so little respect for the intelligence of players that even in a very linear game with ample directions from the characters they put an objective indicator. Because it's common.

Yeah, really needed that camo quick swap on the D-pad. /sarcasm. You don't need to have 95 percent camo index all the time. It's okay to move from grass to soil and back with the same pattern, lol. Splitter is just fine in most man-made spaces and the mountain is pretty much one color. Putting the squares pattern off and on all the time in Rassvet is just dumb.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
"Snake's initial bag of gear grants you a compass that presents cardinal directions as well as an objective indicator in the lower-left corner of the screen."

Lol. They have so little respect for the intelligence of players that even in a very linear game with ample directions from the characters they put an objective indicator. Because it's common.

Yeah, really needed that camo quick swap on the D-pad. /sarcasm. You don't need to have 95 percent camo index all the time. It's okay to move from grass to soil and back with the same pattern, lol. Splitter is just fine in most man-made spaces and the mountain is pretty much one color. Putting the squares pattern off and on all the time in Rassvet is just dumb.
If they are smart they’ll include classic settings from the original game.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Atlas Fallen, a game I was very interested in before it came out but got negative-to-middling reviews on release so I forgot about it, is getting a big update with lots of fixes but the craziest one is that different voice actors have re-recorded all the dialogue.
Damn- that's harsh but if the voice acting was that bad I guess good for them for making the change? Pretty wild though.

It's on Gamepass for anyone interested.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I usually don't have a problem with remakes on either side. Especially on the gaming end, but I will say TLOUSR wasn't needed. I do like how the author mentioned where people kept going on about how "are these removes even needed?" Considering most of these games that are being remade are on ancient and hardware or are hard/impossible to port over then yes, it's okay. Not every single person's gonna have an old counole from the 5th, 6th, or even 7th generation.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I mean... game remake have a purpose in that they can update graphic, movie don't really they just kinda re tell the same story, but usually worse.

Actually there are a bunch of great movie remake, they usually remake a bad movie that had a good idea and make it good (the thing, the fly).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
(the thing,
The Thing 1982 is more so a proper adaption of Who Goes There?, than a remake of The Thing From Another World.

There are good movie remakes, but those harder come by, because most of the movies don't need them in the first place, or are done for a quick buck/easy revenue.

Last edited:
Reactions: meiam

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is it really stealing when the two other competitors are so bad at it?

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Damn... people really don't give a shit about Star Wars Outlaws huh? Not that I blame y'all.

You know I don't really buy into the whole "women in western video games are all ugly!!!" shtick, but for this protagonist... Besides her awful haircut, its so uncanny how they really just tried to make her look like a female Han Solo.

Anyway, apparently the stealth is ass and the gunplay is average. Definitely a skip for me.

Reactions: BrawlMan