Game Articles and Videos Thread

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The Arknights x Delicious in Dungeon collab is out on the Chinese server and it's got some great stuff in it. Laios's sword gets scared and runs away when a boss shows up

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

Microsoft has been inconsistent with its releases.

the article said:
Even within a single label, the company’s choices are inconsistent. Take Bethesda, which Microsoft acquired in 2020. Three games from the publisher have inexplicably different rollout plans. Last year’s Starfield was released only on Xbox and PC, with no PlayStation version in sight. Indiana Jones will be a “timed exclusive,” coming to PlayStation a few months after its initial release. But the upcoming DOOM: The Dark Ages, scheduled for 2025, will release simultaneously on Xbox, PC and Playstation.
One idea I had while reading was that maybe some of the titles already had been optimized for multiple platforms when Microsoft took over the developer in question and they are inconsistent because different titles have different strengths.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Yeah, the masses just want everything to play the same. It's all so tiresome and inescapable. Fucking parry, ugh.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Yeah, the masses just want everything to play the same. It's all so tiresome and inescapable. Fucking parry, ugh.
Electric Underground is a hypocritical piece of shit that hates on anything popular. RE4R Is an awesome game and I will not hear anything else otherwise. EU Has some really bad takes on Streets of Rage 4, so keep that in mind. He can be miserable and contraian all he wants; fuck him.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Haven't played RE4 remake yet. Did not care for the demo and was unhappy with all the changes to the script, art and character designs. Lines changed and delivered differently by the actors just for the sake of making them different, when they were right the first time. Writing is hard, and sometimes there is only one way to say something. I know the faces in the original were scanned in too, but the graphics were simplistic enough that with a few edits they only existed virtually. Found them more appealing than the photorealism. Movement felt crappy. Hate that they brought in the arbitrary, illogical, uncool, extremely played out crouch-makes-quiet, like there's only one way to make a game now.

Haven't watched his Streets 4 video. Watched little of his Vanquish vid because I didn't like the game. Other one I watched was the one about harmful trends, which was alright.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

5:10

That's what I said, the example I used somewhere a week ago. Like The Twin Snakes bringing in the mechanics of MGS2, this remake will be made easier by bringing in the modern mechanics without expanding the maps.

8:09

Talks about the realistic shadows. Instead of being impressed by the graphics I just think shadows could have mechanically enhanced modern stealth games. They could have given away your location or maybe even distracted the enemy.