Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I find this worse than almost any other rushed game. At least rushed game can be played. Usually.
Technically you can play SC. It's just in forever EA so you'll probably never see the True version of SC, always the "Well, it'll probably be better later. Keep the faith" version.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Technically you can play SC. It's just in forever EA so you'll probably never see the True version of SC, always the "Well, it'll probably be better later. Keep the faith" version.
I already know that, but I rather play a completed version than Version 9,999.497298512!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I already know that, but I rather play a completed version than Version 9,999.497298512!
I'm fine with a complete experience with incremental improvements along the way, or a game that feels complete, at least. I'm a big KSP fan and I started playing that back way before version 1.0, but I was having a blast with it even at the time because there was a gameplay loop there. The basics were in place and playable and while new features and parts and tweaks were added over time, it's the same core experience, just with more options of how to play it.(Also, you can mod the shit out of it to you're liking). So I don't begrudge that. It was also in EA for a couple of years, not a decade and the closest thing to monetization is a few DLC packs made available years after 1.0 to add some extras if you want those(and you can still mod most of that shit in if you don't want to bother with the DLC).

SC feels like something that's never gonna be done, it's always gonna be a core experience which is incomplete being held up by stupid shit.

Last edited:

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Polygon provides an insightful video on Call of Duty and it's double dipping in the industry of profiting from war while telling anti war stories

May we all live in a BreadTube that is both baked and woke

Reactions: Dalisclock

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I don't know if anybody but me on earth cares, but there's gonna be another Stargate game.

For those who don't know Stargate:SG1 was a sci-fi/action TV show based on the movie, starring MacGyver and then during its last few seasons John Crichton from Farscape. This game is semi-based on that, and is like the fifth or sixth Stargate game, and hopefully the first successful one.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Not watching myself until I encounter all other bosses though.
Seeing this and a handful of other "boss v. boss" videos, it seems to me that the AI has never been very good at anticipating attacks- it'll just walk right into the world's most telegraphed attack nine times out of ten. Maybe that's deliberate, to give players a reasonable chance. (Or maybe it's just the AI not being coded to read other AI's attacks.)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Seeing this and a handful of other "boss v. boss" videos, it seems to me that the AI has never been very good at anticipating attacks- it'll just walk right into the world's most telegraphed attack nine times out of ten. Maybe that's deliberate, to give players a reasonable chance. (Or maybe it's just the AI not being coded to read other AI's attacks.)
Yet apparently with Malenia her AI will read your button inputs to avoid certain attacks, because of course her healing on every hit isn’t enough of an advantage.